HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
225 Posts
Discussion
Plane Identification

Does anyone know what plane this is? It was given to me and I'm only familiar with electric powered planes. I'm hoping to find some info and convert this over to electric and hopefully get it air worthy. It has a 60 inch wingspan and there's never been any electronics mounted in and the control rods haven't even been installed.
oneagleswings is offline Find More Posts by oneagleswings
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:00 PM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,466 Posts
Spacewalker I think, who makes it not sure.
Thrawn150 is offline Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,859 Posts
Take the canopy off and install 2 windscreens. Thats how it is supposed to be
Zootster is online now Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
225 Posts
Thanks Guys! Now to find the right servo's and the right size brushless motor. Only info I've found on this plane was for glow engines.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:26 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,580 Posts
Looks like a Seagull Spacewalker II. My brother received one of these as a raffle prize a couple of years ago and although we sold it rather than put it together it did appear to be very nicely constructed. The gentleman we sold it to was complimentary about its flight characteristics.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rtf-SEA2050#t2
Chad Veich is online now Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
225 Posts
This plane looks like that one, but the cowl is missing and it has a canopy instead of the 2 windscreens. I can tell this plane is fairly old though. I wonder if the parts that Horizon Hobby sells would work on this plane also? I'm about sure this plane didn't come from HH, but has probably been around a few years and never got finished. I'm not sure what size servos or the kind it needs or anything. I'm not into glow planes but I'm sure it would fly well with the right electric motor, ESC combo.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:11 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,580 Posts
I would bet money that your airplane is in fact the Seagull model. The canopy on your airplane is non-standard and did not come with the model. The trim scheme on the tail of the Seagull model looks exactly like what you have and is different from any other Spacewalker I've ever seen. (And does not reflect the paint job of the full size accurately.) Take it for what it's worth and good luck with your conversion.
Chad Veich is online now Find More Posts by Chad Veich