HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:23 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
A nice bit of flying this weekend!

Well, the conditions weren't perfect, except for Sunday evening. You could cut the cool fall air with a knife!

Saturday after 2pm and up to 5pm Sunday, winds were variable, gusting to ~45km/h - no flying then! So, I kept myself busy with a little Sunday afternoon field project. (Portable wind sock blog entry below)

I was able to finalize the thrust angle and CG on my replacement (old) new Super Decathlon BL, and flew it several times this past weekend. It flies almost like the one I had with ~700 flights on it, but its even better in some ways.

Also took the Pitts out for a stroll! A really nice landing - 3 pointer, and 20' rollout. Sweet.

My flying group had their foamy Cubs and Micro champs out as well. A good time had by all. Upper winds were really nice to provide excellent lift all weekend, when the wind was more favorable.

On another note: I am getting a couple of Orange 3 3-axis stabilization system for my Pitts as a winter project, and will initially try it out on either my Lancair ES or Super Dec. I have heard great things about these units, so I hope they work decently. It would be nice to have an "AS3X" type of system on my Pitts 12!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Oct 04, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts