HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steveis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:53 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Download
KK2 V1.2 Branch SA2

I've been adding functionality to the official release of the KK2 V1.2 code, fixed a bug and made it more robust.

I do not consider this code as experimental.

The main purpose of my code was to help people having problems arming and disarming. To that end, I have added an "Arming test" to the "Receiver Test" diaplay and corrected a bug that may have prevented them arming and disarming (the bug could have also cause a crash).

KapteinKUK holds the pen. Hopefully, he will consider my bug fix(es) in his next version of code.

Ok, here is my contribution to this great code.

There are two bugs that have been fixed and two changes to the User Interface.

V1.2BSA2 Changes since Original V1.2

Under the menu option "Receiver Test" I've added an Arming test. Check you can set to "on" and "off" by moving rudder stick on TX to max right and left.

Fixed a bug where extreme throws could result in the maths resetting to mid stick.

You can now check the version number from the main menu.

When the version is shown, I've continued to recognise Rolf for all his hard work.

Fixed a bug on Rolf's list, to fix - Arming LED stays on when entering the menu in "arming always on" mode.

This code has more funtionality and is more robust. I do not consider it experimental.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2014, 02:36 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Dallas Texas
Joined Feb 2005
366 Posts
I have a strange issue

I am hovering at 2/3 throttle and after 1-2 min it just shuts down ( all motors)

I can then go back in and arm again and hover

I am using a 3600Mha battery 2S on a small hex with turnigy 1811 2900kv motors props are 5030

I did unplug the battery and recharged it, it only took back in 1000mha charge so its plenty of power left

The version i am running is the 1.6 version with sat support but i am using a receiver not a sat standalone

KK2_1V6_Spektrum_Satellite_A.hex

Any idea

Per
backman8571 is offline Find More Posts by backman8571
Old Feb 06, 2014, 07:30 PM
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
KK 2.1 Landing Problems

Hello All,

I recently assembled a Flamewheel 450 and it flies well with one major exception. I cannot land the quad without breaking an arm or a prop. When I lower the throttle to descend itís as if the 4th motor shuts off completely instead of in synch with the other three, thus causing a crash, EVERYTIME! Iíve calibrated the ESCís. The props are balanced. The CW and CCW motors/props are operating in the correct orientation. All channels are operating properly. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it or can you point me in the right direction? Iíve read on various newsgroups that it could be my settings but all the information varies. Iíve also read that it could be a ďlazy 4th motorĒ. I tried flashing the KK board with 4.7X but it didnít work. I believe that firmware was for the KK 2.0 only. Iíve been flying multi-rotors LOS and FPV for over a year however Iíve only used the NAZA FC. This 450 houses a KK 2.1. The specs on my quad are below. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as Iím starting to run out of spare parts. Thanks in advance.

Platform: DJI 450
FC: KK 2.1
Firmware: Stevies 1.2S Beginner (All default settings)
Motors: DJI 30A
ESC: Turnigy Plush 30A
Props: Stock DJI 10x4.5
martin.bakari5 is online now Find More Posts by martin.bakari5
Old Feb 07, 2014, 01:56 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin.bakari5 View Post
Hello All,

I recently assembled a Flamewheel 450 and it flies well with one major exception. I cannot land the quad without breaking an arm or a prop. When I lower the throttle to descend itís as if the 4th motor shuts off completely instead of in synch with the other three, thus causing a crash, EVERYTIME! Iíve calibrated the ESCís. The props are balanced. The CW and CCW motors/props are operating in the correct orientation. All channels are operating properly. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it or can you point me in the right direction? Iíve read on various newsgroups that it could be my settings but all the information varies. Iíve also read that it could be a ďlazy 4th motorĒ. I tried flashing the KK board with 4.7X but it didnít work. I believe that firmware was for the KK 2.0 only. Iíve been flying multi-rotors LOS and FPV for over a year however Iíve only used the NAZA FC. This 450 houses a KK 2.1. The specs on my quad are below. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as Iím starting to run out of spare parts. Thanks in advance.

Platform: DJI 450
FC: KK 2.1
Firmware: Stevies 1.2S Beginner (All default settings)
Motors: DJI 30A
ESC: Turnigy Plush 30A
Props: Stock DJI 10x4.5
I'm assuming the motor doesn't spin up when you arm it an min throttle? If so, increase minimum throttle under misc settings so that the all start.

Does the problem move with the ESC / motor if you swap motor output 3 &4? I assume you can test this with the props off, in your hand.

Did you calibrate the ESCs via the KK2.1 board?
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2014, 06:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
Your assumption is correct. They do not start at the same time. I increased throttle 1 click at a time. M1 goes first, then M3, then M4, then M2. I think I calibrated the escs properly. I turned on the transmitter, increased to full throttle, held down the 1st and 4th buttons. The escs sang and then i.lowered the throttle. They sang again and i realeased the buttons. I swapped the motors and it still happened. So its either a bad esc, board or a setting. Hopefully its just a setting. I will try the throttle min adjustment
Old Feb 07, 2014, 11:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
Ok, so I reset the board, and calibrated the esc's. Then all motors fired and stopped in synch. I must not have calibrated the esc's properly. I will test it out tomorrow if the weather permits. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted. Sidenote, I set the voltage alarm @ 105, plugged in a fully charged 3s 5000mah battery and the alarm went off. Any ideas how to remedy this matter?