HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Which LB props do you mean? I mean which LB model?
Thanks,
B.
UDI U816 quadcopter :
http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=U816

Walkera QR LadyBird props :
http://www.trade4me.de/Robbe/Blue-Ar...er::34977.html
(Robbe Blue Arrow Nano is a rebranded QR LadyBird)
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Registered User
Italy
Joined Feb 2007
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
My Hubsan X4 arrived this morning and just aut of the box I cut the wire from the USB charger and installed a red JST plug that fit on my chargers.
So I charget the stock lipo at 300mA but the parallel charger plug for 5 batteries is very interesting and I just ordered one from BG.
How many Amps do you charge the stock 240mAh lipos? I bet 500mA would charge them in about 30 minutes but how they handle 2C charge rate?
Bigbore2 is offline Find More Posts by Bigbore2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore2 View Post
My Hubsan X4 arrived this morning and just aut of the box I cut the wire from the USB charger and installed a red JST plug that fit on my chargers.
So I charget the stock lipo at 300mA but the parallel charger plug for 5 batteries is very interesting and I just ordered one from BG.
How many Amps do you charge the stock 240mAh lipos? I bet 500mA would charge them in about 30 minutes but how they handle 2C charge rate?
I would't trust the OEM batts handling 2C charges.
But I always play it safe charge my LiPos at 0,8*C max - regular I do even less 0,3-0,4 *C in serial harnesses over night (using all security features - LiPo safe, temp probe and capacity cutoff of my charger )
I was told and can confirm that the lower the charging current, the higher the usable cap of the LiPo (i.e. my 800mAh 2S Lipos have a usable cap in my Heli of 1000- 1050 mAh - for 3 months and about 70 cycles now)

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
UDI U816 quadcopter :
http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=U816

Walkera QR LadyBird props :
http://www.trade4me.de/Robbe/Blue-Ar...er::34977.html
(Robbe Blue Arrow Nano is a rebranded QR LadyBird)
Thanks and which prop do you suggest the Udi or the LB? and does the replacing worth it anyway???
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Thanks and which prop do you suggest the Udi or the LB? and does the replacing worth it anyway???
The LB props are better (on my v939/v929 hybrids). More Lifting power.
But the UDI are OK for the price. You can use it as a cheep "backup".

I can't say it for the X4 (don't own one), but there a less alternatives getting replacement props as Hubsan spareparts are hard to get.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
See the Fur Fly
FNFAL's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
917 Posts
Just got my H107 X4 from Helidirect. Cute as a button! Everything seems to work.

Brief hover shows no really bad tendencies accept for a little drift to the right which trim took care of and one more little issue is when I use left rudder she wants to back-up, and when I apply right rudder, she wants to roll left..needing input from both sticks. I see from the Hubsan post that a recalibration of accelerometers is needed to fix this issue.

UPDATE: the recalibration works great, no more weird unwanted movements with rudder input. Also helped center trim response too. I suggest recalibration even before you use it the 1st time...it made that much of a difference.

Much quieter than I expected. I do believe heli experience will help greatly in piloting this little bug. What a great little flying thing. I can't believe just a few years ago I was happy with that silly Picco Z 2Ch heli for not much less money. How things have advanced. This is by far the most fun for the money in this hobby. The precision with which you can fly about in the house is staggering. My only wish is that the motors would come with connectors to plug into the motherboard for replacement rather than having to get out the soldering iron.

lastly, I did notice that HD shows a pic of a transmitter with chrome colored sticks and trim buttons...but mine came as black. More testing to come.
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Last edited by FNFAL; Nov 29, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Italy
Joined Feb 2007
59 Posts
First flight impression: WAOOOOWWW !!!!!!!!


I have just landed from my first indor test flight.
And all can say is BEATIFUL!!! Fly much better than my other Reely 450 Quad!!!
Accelerometer calibration solved some drifting that had just out of the box and some minor trim clics placed it stably in front of me with this face:
Bigbore2 is offline Find More Posts by Bigbore2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered User
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Oct 2011
228 Posts
I finally got mine back in the air. On my very first flight I crashed and I managed to break 3 motorsso this time I made sure to use the straw mod.
I also used some walkera rubbers for the bottom which are a direct fit. Here is the link if someone is interested;
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1439.l2649
This little quad is really amazing(it's my 4th after the v929, mjx x100 and v939), I havn't got a chance to take outside yet but it's a real nice indoor flyer...
A BIG thanks to jesolins and the others contributing to help us noobs to get the best out of these little machines
ogrope1 is online now Find More Posts by ogrope1
Last edited by ogrope1; Dec 29, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:31 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
Hopefully you have the final security feature somewhere near your charger - a smoke detector. Seriously, what good is having a temp probe that can shut down the charger going to be when the battery is already in flames. Lipos start out smoking, then go off like a roman candle.

Advising someone to charge a lipo unmonitored is a really, really bad idea.

I wouldn't charge even the best of my lipos unmonitored, let alone the el-cheapo ones that they ship with these micros, and I'll bet that 99.99% of the other members on this forum wouldn't either.

You do it all you want. But don't recommend it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
I would't trust the OEM batts handling 2C charges.
But I always play it safe charge my LiPos at 0,8*C max - regular I do even less 0,3-0,4 *C in serial harnesses over night (using all security features - LiPo safe, temp probe and capacity cutoff of my charger )
I was told and can confirm that the lower the charging current, the higher the usable cap of the LiPo (i.e. my 800mAh 2S Lipos have a usable cap in my Heli of 1000- 1050 mAh - for 3 months and about 70 cycles now)

-mike-
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Hopefully you have the final security feature somewhere near your charger - a smoke detector. Seriously, what good is having a temp probe that can shut down the charger going to be when the battery is already in flames. Lipos start out smoking, then go off like a roman candle.

Advising someone to charge a lipo unmonitored is a really, really bad idea.

I wouldn't charge even the best of my lipos unmonitored, let alone the el-cheapo ones that they ship with these micros, and I'll bet that 99.99% of the other members on this forum wouldn't either.

You do it all you want. But don't recommend it.
I don't want to start a new LiPo charge war.
You are right to warn about charging LiPos unattended in general.
But please do not assume facts I did not say.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:30 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
Just got my H107 X4 from Helidirect. Cute as a button! Everything seems to work.

Brief hover shows no really bad tendencies accept for a little drift to the right which trim took care of and one more little issue is when I use left rudder she wants to back-up, and when I apply right rudder, she wants to roll left..needing input from both sticks. I see from the Hubsan post that a recalibration of accelerometers is needed to fix this issue.

UPDATE: the recalibration works great, no more weird unwanted movements with rudder input. Also helped center trim response too. I suggest recalibration even before you use it the 1st time...it made that much of a difference.

Much quieter than I expected. I do believe heli experience will help greatly in piloting this little bug. What a great little flying thing. I can't believe just a few years ago I was happy with that silly Picco Z 2Ch heli for not much less money. How things have advanced. This is by far the most fun for the money in this hobby. The precision with which you can fly about in the house is staggering. My only wish is that the motors would come with connectors to plug into the motherboard for replacement rather than having to get out the soldering iron.

lastly, I did notice that HD shows a pic of a transmitter with chrome colored sticks and trim buttons...but mine came as black. More testing to come.
Hey, your helicopter has some kind of little parasite growing on it.


How would compare those two?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
See the Fur Fly
FNFAL's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post


How would compare those two?
Ha, I think I'm having as much fun with the X4 (my very first multi-rotor) within inner-space as I do with the heli in outer-space. I'm amazed at the technology packed into this thing for $63...or under $40 when RediHeli has it.

It flies pretty responsive especially in expert mode. You can see when you push it that it's trying its hardest to maintain equilibrium and you get a little rocking, but for something with very little natural gyroscopic stabilization (like the heli's big rotor) and fixed pitch blades it does pretty good.

What's also impressive it the efficiency too. Even though it's a brushed unit, there are no servos, sliders, bearings, gears, ball links, drive shafts, belts, cycling mass, etc, that you have like on a heli. This gives some good flight times.

Even the "toyish" Tx works better than I would have imagined. Even had the wife try and hover it for her first RC experience - not too bad. And although carpet might not offer the most level start, it does cushion any drops considerably. What a convenient and inexpensive way to learn heli orientation with this thing...for real...and not just a sim.
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Last edited by FNFAL; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,571 Posts
Trex 550E vs Hubsan X4? That'd be an interesting comparison.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
Needs more bacon!
Dolby's Avatar
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,047 Posts
This Hubsan X4 is really fun and stable for such a small quad. I do find the dead space in the yaw control a little annoying. Any one working on modding it to work with a real radio?
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:54 AM
Registered User
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Aug 2011
125 Posts
Dead space seems really large, on all axis (except throttle of course). Coming from mqx with dx4e it's a little dissapointing. On the bright side being able to change sensitivity on a per-axis per-profile base is a very welcome bonus.

Any hidden way to disable accelerometers (switch to 3-axis, no self leveling)?
danb1974 is offline Find More Posts by danb1974
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The Hubsan X4 youxif Multirotor Talk 55 Jan 31, 2014 09:21 AM
Discussion Hubsan x4 6axis scousethief Mini Multirotors 295 Jun 21, 2013 07:22 AM
Discussion Hubsan X4 Mini Quad dc9guy Mini Multirotors 32 Feb 04, 2013 10:14 PM
Discussion Hitec X4-80 eighty 4 port chager review search Timewarp Batteries and Chargers 4 Jun 22, 2012 04:20 PM