Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
bao
It was on fire when i arrived!
France, RA, La Laupie
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
By the way for the keychain cam i have no idea what one it is as ive had it omg maybe 5 yrs lol and this afternoon it gave up on me ...............RIP my trusty cam
bao is offline Find More Posts by bao
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
bao
It was on fire when i arrived!
France, RA, La Laupie
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
it lives again !!!!!!!! it was the lipo that was fried i had a spare from i dont know what gadget lol so i soldered it in and used a micro connecter so i can un plug the lipo when im not using the cam..................
bao is offline Find More Posts by bao
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, England, Keighley
Joined Nov 2009
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amxen View Post
iv been trying to find some motor replacement in the uk. any one know if these will work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walkera-Mi...item1c2cdac6aa

just to add it is a counter clockwise motor i need ( black and white wire )
just am update on this. this motor works on the hudsan i know as i have just fit one
amxen is offline Find More Posts by amxen
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,406 Posts
Hi S,
Yes pitch is elevator and roll is aileron. Semantics If you used that logic then it should be working for you. Be sure to hand test to make sure it is responding properly before you try to fly it. Do another accelerometer calibration after this and make sure your props are not bent and your motors are fully seated in the mounts. Let me know it you need any more clarification on the instructions. I can always edit it to make it easier for Gents to understand if necessary
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Jim,
I need your help. I've tried to follow your instructions and now my X4 is uncontrollable. It might be the terminology used. When you say "throttle stick" I know that is the "throttle/rudder" stick, the left one.

The rest of your instructions are confusing me. Looking in the X4 manual and also in my DX8 manual, the right stick is "elevator/aileron". Is that the same as the "pitch/roll" stick, roll trim button I guess would be "aileron trim"?

Being a noob sure has its downfalls. If you could clarify the terminology, I just might get this little guy back on track. My X4 has always drifted to the right (a little aileron trim gets it back on course after recalibration). And, it has always wanted to go a little to the left when going forward, (I never have been able to fix that)

Please help me save face on this, thanks.
S
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,540 Posts
Somehow I feel many of the newly registered accounts (Nov 2012) in X4 threads are clones. I believe only the moderators are able to tell if they are clones (e.g. IP address?) as some accounts were reently suspended, and they had to make new ones to carry on with their "work".
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
Let moderators handle them, and let's enjoy the X4!
Fyre, you should get one and love it
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,540 Posts
I'd love to get one but I have many flying toys already. I'll wait for the second generation X4 as some flaws were identified, and I am in no hurry. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I love this x4 and treat it as my precious! It fly great and look awesome so for now i just flying around, have to wait for spare parts to be available...
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
yes, i agree there are some cons of X4, but second generation? wow, you must be a patient guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I'd love to get one but I have many flying toys already. I'll wait for the second generation X4 as some flaws were identified, and I am in no hurry. Thanks for the suggestion.
OnceAFly, same here, waiting for parts coming. My X4 is grounded now because of broken motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I love this x4 and treat it as my precious! It fly great and look awesome so for now i just flying around, have to wait for spare parts to be available...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi S,
Yes pitch is elevator and roll is aileron. Semantics If you used that logic then it should be working for you. Be sure to hand test to make sure it is responding properly before you try to fly it. Do another accelerometer calibration after this and make sure your props are not bent and your motors are fully seated in the mounts. Let me know it you need any more clarification on the instructions. I can always edit it to make it easier for Gents to understand if necessary
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Thanks for your help, Jim. For me and I bet a lot of others out there, simple is best. Up, Down, Forward, Backwards, Right, Left, Spin, Crash....Cha-Ching. And I bet there is no one out there that doesn't know what "pull my finger means".
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
yes, i agree there are some cons of X4, but second generation? wow, you must be a patient guy
I'm quite impatient actually, but I really don't have time to spare for another flying toy! Maybe when my 2nd generation X4 arrives, I'll dump the other quads; but for now, I'm satisfied with my current fleet. I don't think we'll need to wait too long for the revised one.

Have fun with your X4!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
+1
English is not my mother lang, but i truly understand up down forward backward right left spin, instead of roll pitch elevator aileron etc

It's hard, but i will try to understand all those words carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Thanks for your help, Jim. For me and I bet a lot of others out there, simple is best. Up, Down, Forward, Backwards, Right, Left, Spin, Crash....Cha-Ching. And I bet there is no one out there that doesn't know what "pull my finger means".
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:17 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,279 Posts
Quote:
+1
English is not my mother lang, but i truly understand up down forward backward right left spin, instead of roll pitch elevator aileron etc

It's hard, but i will try to understand all those words carefully
I did a writeup on our site about flight and all the terminology you need to know. Hope this helps you understand some of the terminology we use here
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
thank you, James! It helps me much
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I did a writeup on our site about flight and all the terminology you need to know. Hope this helps you understand some of the terminology we use here
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:35 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,279 Posts
Quote:
thank you, James! It helps me much
I'm glad it helped, my friend! If there's anything else that you (or anyone) thinks might be useful to the beginner, please let me know and I'll write about it on the site.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member