HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
That's great new!

When you say 'easy' is that also for those of us with only very basic soldering skills?

regards . . . g
There are detailed instructions on the deviationtx website here:
http://www.deviationtx.com/repositor...y-to-Devo.pdf/

If you remove the module from a V911 Tx, it requires desoldering or judicious use of a hacksaw as well as soldering 5 wires. If you buy a module from ebay/aliexpress, it only requires soldering 5 wires. The solder points are very easy to hit (soldering to existing pins or pads).

Personally, I do it via wire-wrap which requires virtually no soldering, but you need to have the proper tools for that.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hubsan X4 Transmitter stick calibration 101

*EDIT: Hubsan posted this Mode 1 Tx stick calibration video and this Mode 2 Tx stick calibration video.

Dbacon'a graphic of the stick calibration.

*CAUTION: If you have a Mode 2 Tx with the throttle on the left and you power on the Tx with the sticks in the upper and outward positions in as in the accelerometer calibration mode 1 video, the Tx becomes mode 1 with the throttle on the right. You can set it back to mode 2 or visa vesa by using the instructions below or the video for the accelerometer calibration mode 2 Tx power on procedures. If you accidentally set your mode 2 Tx with the throttle on the left to mode 1 and bind the Tx and X4 and pull the mode 2 right stick down, it will arm and the spring will bring it back to the mode 1 throttle at half power and the X4 will take off. This caution also applies if you have a mode 1 Tx with the throttle on the right and mistakenly use the mode 2 Tx calibration procedures. In that case use the Mode 1 calibration procedures to correct it. Be careful!

Note: Resetting the X4 Tx sticks using these calibration procedures will also reset all the trims to their neutral positions. The neutral positions can also be found by the indicator on the LCD and a beep when they are in the neutral position.

Gents,
Yahoo! This got both my Hubsan X4 Tx's working OK again!

Note: These instructions are for the Mode 2 throttle on the left Tx which is the only version I have and use. The Gents with Mode 1 Tx with throttle on the right will probably have slightly different instructions, so post those when you figure them out. Hopefully these Mode 2 Tx instructions will help you understand the Hubsan Tx stick and trim switch calibration procedure.

Here is what I have found that will work so far to calibrate the Hubsan X4 transmitter sticks if required:

1. Press and hold the throttle(left) stick in and then turn on the transmitter. You will see all the icons in the LCD on and the number 188. Release the throttle stick
2. Press the throttle(left) stick momentarily and quickly in while it is in the full down position and the LCD will display 0.
3. Momentarily and quickly press the pitch/roll(right) stick in, roll(right side horizontal rocker switch) trim button left, pitch(right side vertical rocker switch) trim button down, throttle(left side vertical rocker switch) trim down, yaw(left side horizontal rocker switch) trim right.
4. Press in the throttle(left) stick momentarily and quickly and the LCD will display 100.
5. Rotate the pitch and roll(right) and throttle(left) and yaw sticks fully in a CW and CCW rotation for at least 2 times each way. You can rotate them simultaneously or separately as it will work either way. Momentarily press the pitch(right side vertical rocker switch) trim up, roll(right side horizontal rocker switch) trim right, throttle(left side vertical rocker switch) trim up and yaw(left side horizontal rocker switch) trim left.
6. Press and hold the throttle(left) stick in for at least 2 seconds until you hear a beep. At this point you can move the throttle stick up and down and the LCD should smoothly display 0-100.
7. Power off the Tx then power it on. Power on the X4. Carefully do a hand test to make sure the pitch, roll and yaw and throttle sticks are working normally.
9 .Have fun and fly safely!

See: Improving Hubsan X4 flight performance 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jun 03, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Hey Guys, The X4 is In stock (limited quantities) on our new website!

http://www.spyhawkfpv.com/collections/all/products/quad

Ships from our warehouse in NJ... spare parts coming soon!
SpyHawkFPV is offline Find More Posts by SpyHawkFPV
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Caveat Emptor
Hubsan X4 deals/dealers/shipping/tracking thread

Cheers,
Jim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Here's the one I've just modded for my mate.

Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Gerry__; Nov 21, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
deleted
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Last edited by mystman; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,148 Posts
good finding jesolins! just like always, i'll save all your "101" posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,

Here is what I have found that will work so far to calibrate the Hubsan X4 transmitter sticks if required:

1. Press and hold the throttle stick in and then turn on the transmitter. You will see all the icons in the LCD on and the number 188. Release the throttle stick
2. Press the throttle stick momentarily and quickly in while it is in the full down position and the LCD will display 0.
3. Momentarily and quickly press the pitch/roll stick in, roll trim button left, pitch trim button down, throttle trim down, yaw trim right.
4. Press in the throttle stick momentarily and quickly and the LCD will display 100.
5. Rotate the pitch and roll and throttle and yaw sticks fully in a CW and CCW rotation for at least 2 times each way. Momentarily press the pitch trim up, roll trim right, throttle trim up and yaw trim left.
6. Press and hold the throttle stick in for at least 2 seconds until you hear a beep. At this point you can move the throttle stick up and down and the LCD should smoothly display 0-100.
7. Power off the Tx then power it on. Power on the X4. Carefully do a hand test to make sure the pitch, roll and yaw and throttle sticks are working normally.
Cheers,
Jim
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Oct 2009
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
In case anyone is interested. I thought I'd let you know that I can now fly my X4 with my Devo transmitter (using the custom Deviation firmware and an easy hardware mod).
Nice, do you know if its possible to extract the module from the hubsan tx or should i just order from ebay?
Jetboatftw is online now Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:49 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
now WLToys come yet another clone...or should i say canopy clone lol...It so weird that they copy the scorpion canopy and put as new model but all i see is just a v939...
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-55993.html
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
New Zealand, Waikato, Taupo
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
Found spares for it here.........

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...y&path=156_158
nzmadmaori is offline Find More Posts by nzmadmaori
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:09 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
I can tell you the range is around 500-600 (icle dot in the sky!) feet straight up! Stand in an empty field and claim as high as you can, it will go out of range start to fall and as soon as it's in range again it will level out and keep flying!
Quote:
T,
Yes it will recover if high enough and out of range. The range is actually only about 150 feet LOS tested at its absolute best though This 9cm diameter micro would not even be visible to the naked eye at 500-600ft

Yea I know we men have this measuring problem
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Yes I agree about 150 feet side to side, but I reckon I was about 8-10 average tree heights up before it lost range, I was almost right above the TX, as I said a little dot in the sky! Maybe yours is smaller then mine!
Quote:
T,
Actually not at all possible Even the same 9cm model. I also fly 55cm diameter multicopters with data link and pressure altitude logging. They are the size of a fly at 300 feet and with the full range Tx/Rx, the capability of over a mile LOS.

Even though I live in Texas, instead of reckoning, in order to get accurate measurements, I attached a stripped 2.8g EagleTree altitude microsensor logger and sent the X4 straight above me at 3/4 throttle until it lost control and started falling and required the signal and leveled. I then repeated with the Tx oriented flat, perpendicular, sideways, in front of me and again repeated the tests held over my head. The highest measured altitude achieved straight above was 127ft/38.7M. That is actually pretty good for 2 printed circuit antennas and a ~3mw Tx.

Now about the size of those...trees...

Cheers,
Jim
You my find this interesting then!
150meters = 492 feet, I'd say that was much closer to my 500-600ft then your 127! Maybe yours is faulty? Shall we re-visit them sizes again
These specs are on many websites (just before you say they have ft and meters mixed up), but Amazon is well known!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw View Post
Nice, do you know if its possible to extract the module from the hubsan tx or should i just order from ebay?
There is no module in the hubsan. it is implemented on the board. It also has no power-amp, so range is likely quite low.
you can get a low-power (xame range as hubsan) version of the module by searching ebay/aliexpress for 'XL7105'
You can get the high-power/long-range version by searching for 'a7105 500m'
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2008
117 Posts
Quote:
Gents,

1. Press and hold the throttle stick in and then turn on the transmitter. You will see all the icons in the LCD on and the number 188. Release the throttle stick
2. Press the throttle stick momentarily and quickly in while it is in the full down position and the LCD will display 0.
3. Momentarily and quickly press the pitch/roll stick in, roll trim button left, pitch trim button down, throttle trim down, yaw trim right.
4. Press in the throttle stick momentarily and quickly and the LCD will display 100.
5. Rotate the pitch and roll and throttle and yaw sticks fully in a CW and CCW rotation for at least 2 times each way. Momentarily press the pitch trim up, roll trim right, throttle trim up and yaw trim left.
6. Press and hold the throttle stick in for at least 2 seconds until you hear a beep. At this point you can move the throttle stick up and down and the LCD should smoothly display 0-100.
Cheers,
Jim
Good to see you've figured out what that menu was I was wondering what had happened with my tx. Only calibrated throttle previously and the x4 went all over the place. Giving this a go when I get home.
giek2000 is offline Find More Posts by giek2000
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Nov 2012
42 Posts
Shhhhhh, even though it's a fake antenna, mine is rotated up before flight, because it makes the controller not look like a toy ;P
tank9 is offline Find More Posts by tank9
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
T,
Not really interesting to me because that is also not correct information from some Amazon poster. A range is not even mentioned on the on the Hubsan X4 website, or anywhere in the X4 manual(attached), or even in the clone Traxxas A1 Specs.... For the X4 any range above 150feet/45M is simply not possible even under the best propagation conditions with the X4 Tx and Rx. I only trust and report what I actually have and accurately flight test.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
You my find this interesting then!
150meters = 492 feet, I'd say that was much closer to my 500-600ft then your 127! Maybe yours is faulty? Shall we re-visit them sizes again
These specs are on many websites (just before you say they have ft and meters mixed up), but Amazon is well known!