SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,531 Posts
Hi Aryan,
Here about $36ea with 2-6 week shipping when available: http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/27...+x+8+x+3cm.htm
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Gangurde View Post
nice! Im a newbie here and I just joined.In modelzone you get it real cheap.How much was yours?and will the thing do flips?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,531 Posts
T,
Actually not at all possible Even the same 9cm model. I also fly 55cm diameter multicopters with data link and pressure altitude logging. They are the size of a fly at 300 feet and with the full range Tx/Rx, the capability of over a mile LOS.

Even though I live in Texas, instead of reckoning, in order to get accurate measurements, I attached a stripped 2.8g EagleTree altitude microsensor logger and sent the X4 straight above me at 3/4 throttle until it lost control and started falling and required the signal and leveled. I then repeated with the Tx oriented flat, perpendicular, sideways, in front of me and again repeated the tests held over my head. The highest measured altitude achieved straight above was 127ft/38.7M. That is actually pretty good for 2 printed circuit antennas and a ~3mw Tx.

Now about the size of those...trees...

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Yes I agree about 150 feet side to side, but I reckon I was about 8-10 average tree heights up before it lost range, I was almost right above the TX, as I said a little dot in the sky! Maybe yours is smaller then mine!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
T,
Actually not at all possible Even the same 9cm model. I also fly 55cm diameter multicopters with data link and pressure altitude logging. They are the size of a fly at 300 feet and with the full range Tx/Rx, the capability of over a mile LOS.

Even though I live in Texas, instead of reckoning, in order to get accurate measurements, I attached a stripped 2.8g EagleTree altitude microsensor logger and sent the X4 straight above me at 3/4 throttle until it lost control and started falling and required the signal and leveled. I then repeated with the Tx oriented flat, perpendicular, sideways, in front of me and again repeated the tests held over my head. The highest measured altitude achieved straight above was 127ft/38.7M. That is actually pretty good for 2 printed circuit antennas and a ~3mw Tx.

Now about the size of those...trees...

Cheers,
Jim
How much does the wind effect this quad? cus I would be scared to even taking it very high and letting it get caught up in a draft and taking it away or even higher
Potnoodleman is offline Find More Posts by Potnoodleman
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potnoodleman View Post
How much does the wind effect this quad? cus I would be scared to even taking it very high and letting it get caught up in a draft and taking it away or even higher
It's been extremely windy this whole week:

http://www.weather.com/weather/right...ourne+FL+32904

I can fly my Hubsan in it without any issues. It isn't prone to lofting, although I wouldn't try to take it too high manually. Mini Pet held its own too, but not as good as the Hubsan. I may have to experiment with shortening the MP's booms to Hubsan length to see it makes a difference.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
51 Posts
thats good to hear cus I was thinking the X4 is soo tiny that theres not much area for the wind to catch on but also with it being tiny its also very light too
Potnoodleman is offline Find More Posts by Potnoodleman
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Murrumba Downs
Joined Jul 2011
38 Posts
Is the Hubsan available in Mode 1
fredor is offline Find More Posts by fredor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Has anyone put an orientation ball on the front? If I get one thats what Ill do for outside flying. A piece of wire or string strapped between the front two legs and a small bright plastic bead perhaps. If its that good of a outside flyer the only thing holding it back is orientation. And of course those LEDs would be a great help too.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
update video

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRC View Post
NONE !!!

I love it and have ordered 2 MORE!!!
Hubsan Mini Quad First Tests (1 min 15 sec)
youxif is offline Find More Posts by youxif
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
Little indoor session yesterday, everytime I like it more.
It's almost perfect, I don't know if I enjoy more flying it or looking at the way it flies...
I used advanced mode indoor, I was spinning incredibly fast around in my living room.
And I finished the battery without crashing.
Yes, I think that it's a great toy for learning.
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:39 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Latest news from BG as they try to acquire stock, Hubsan told them that they will not produce for others until they fulfill the foreign (I'm guessing Traxxas) orders...
grab stock while you can! They make more money selling these things to Traxxas than under their own name I guess
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,531 Posts
Hi P,
Those are valid concerns. If you do not have much RC and multicopter flying time, I would only recommend flying it in your visual orientation range, which for most will be under 50ft. My tests were done in a light breeze over an open flying field with no trees close by. I find the X4 easy to control in winds up to about 15kts. While there is a danger of the wind carrying it away from you if you loose control, it will loose the Tx signal and free fall after it gets more that about 150ft away from you, so it won't get too far away. After that your problem becomes finding it, especially if there area lot of trees and brush around the landing area That is where a lost model alarm or locater beacon would come in handy. Of course the easiest thing to do to keep from losing it is to just plan to fly it and stay in visual range
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potnoodleman View Post
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
In case anyone is interested. I thought I'd let you know that I can now fly my X4 with my Devo transmitter (using the custom Deviation firmware and an easy hardware mod).
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
In case anyone is interested. I thought I'd let you know that I can now fly my X4 with my Devo transmitter (using the custom Deviation firmware and an easy hardware mod).
That's great new!

When you say 'easy' is that also for those of us with only very basic soldering skills?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,531 Posts
Caution on Hubsan X4 Tx stick calibration feature

EDIT: See this post: Hubsan X4 Transmitter stick calibration 101

Gents,

As was noted by Del-Dred and Giek200 a while ago, there is a Hubsan X4 Tx stick calibration procedure that starts if you press and hold the throttle stick and then power on the Tx and all the icons become visible with the numbers showing "188".

Do not do this until we find out the correct procedure!

I found that it will calibrate the throttle as Del found and it solved one throttle issue I had that I posted earlier, but it created stick sensitivity problems on the yaw and pitch and roll sticks. I have not yet discovered how to properly calibrate them. I now have 2 unusable Tx's because any slight movement of the pitch and roll and yaw sticks will cause an immediate full tilt to the max normal or expert EPA setting. I am hoping to hear from Hubsan on the proper Tx stick calibration procedure.

I guess the good news here is that there is a way to calibrate the Tx sticks, but until we know the exact process do not do this or you will find you have a Tx that makes your X4 uncontrollable.

Cheers,
Jim
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 21, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,531 Posts
+1
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
That's great new!

When you say 'easy' is that also for those of us with only very basic soldering skills?

regards . . . g