HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:42 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Thanks as always James...really looking forward to videos.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:42 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Oct 2012
326 Posts
James thnx for your quick reply. What about v939 vs LadybirdV2 then? Stability wise is there a huge difference? Most people say v939 is more stable and fun compared to 929. And its cheaper and light and flip button as well but if V2 is more stable I am ready to forgive extra features..

Thnx
gur75 is offline Find More Posts by gur75
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Congrats James for your unbiaised and interesting review, as always.
And thank you very much for the time you spend every time enlighting us.
Very much appreciated!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:59 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,279 Posts
@BDMurdock, Thanks for the kind words my friend! I am planning a trip to the aviation museum of China in a few days and hopefully I'll have a video of the X4 flying among a line of Migs!!! (and hopefully not get shot :P)

@gur75, No problem at all! I do not own the 939 unfortunately, so I can't comment on how it is stability-wise. But both the 939 and the 929 don't have accelerometers so they are at a disadvantage when compared to the others. The V2 hasn't got accelerometers either but I find that it's just as stable as the V1 (perhaps it doesn't self correct as much, but that's not too noticable). Check out the V2 review if you haven't done so already, it's quite a nice quad for its price. With the MJX and the X4, you can really feel the accelerometers kick in and stabilize the quad.

@Kosem, Thanks! I appreciate the kind words my friend... It makes the whole day of test flights and review writing worthwhile! Fun story- a company asked me to review a 500 class quad after seeing these... I refused...going from the 200 sized hoten x to a 500 sized quad with gps is too big of a leap for me! I think I'll keep reviewing micro quads for now! =]
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:27 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
Great review, I have been waiting for this. I have a V929, and a V939... really don't like my V939 at all so I might just have to buy the X4. It really looks great and it was nice to read that you are happy with the performance as well. Thanks for sharing, and yeah me to is hoping for some videos soon.
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Oct 2012
326 Posts
James Thnx a lot for your replies.. Final Questions: I would like to buy Hubson X4 as its stable enough however it is at backorder should wait a lot. Therefore MJX or V2? V2 is a bit expensive and some people say Devo4 controller is not so good although I do not know about it. Personall MJX is a bit bigger have some light and cheaper. So unless stability does not matter so much would you recommend MJX for stable flight so that I can practice at home and learn more about copters. Thnx
gur75 is offline Find More Posts by gur75
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
The Hubsan X4

The most advantage on X4 is that the outdoor flying and routine flying in windy day.
youxif is offline Find More Posts by youxif
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youxif View Post
The most advantage on X4 is that the outdoor flying and routine flying in windy day.
That can LB, v939, MJX100 and other microquads too. Not nothing special.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
That can LB, v939, MJX100 and other microquads too. Not nothing special.
Others will fly away if you do fast movement, like the video here below.

The Hubsan X4 (6 min 4 sec)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Others will fly away if you do fast movement, like the video here below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VngmW1RXZa8
Are you really sure? Do you have one of them (v939, LB etc)?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Are you really sure? Do you have one of them (v939, LB etc)?
I had tested all of them, only X4 can do fast movement and suddenly stop, all others will fly away, i checked the X4 motors working in a different way from others. i will post some video later.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
I had tested all of them, only X4 can do fast movement and suddenly stop, all others will fly away, i checked the X4 motors working in a different way from others. i will post some video later.
Where and when did you test the X4? Nobody of us has it already.

Do you work for Hubsan?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Where and when did you test the X4? Nobody of us has it already.

Do you work for Hubsan?
Yes, i work with Hubsan
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Yes, i work with Hubsan
Ok, sorry, I got it.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:51 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gur75 View Post
James Thnx a lot for your replies.. Final Questions: I would like to buy Hubson X4 as its stable enough however it is at backorder should wait a lot. Therefore MJX or V2? V2 is a bit expensive and some people say Devo4 controller is not so good although I do not know about it. Personall MJX is a bit bigger have some light and cheaper. So unless stability does not matter so much would you recommend MJX for stable flight so that I can practice at home and learn more about copters. Thnx
If you're not in the US, it wouldn't be that cheap as I know some others were saying shipping was upwards of $50. However if you are located in the United States I would get a v1 ladybird with 2402d controller. They are on HUGE sale right now for $58.08 at Nitroplanes.com and xheli.com. Then also put in the coupon code pricepickle for another 6% off. With shipping my total came out to less than $70 and the 2402d controller sells for more than that new by itself, so it's a great deal and you get a hobbygrade size/feeling tx that can be used with any of the other Walkera 4ch stuff.

Just got mine in today and it looks awesome.

Back on track, I was supposed to get a x4 for review from directsource4u but haven't heard anything back from them in over 2 weeks, so I guess it's not going to happen. Oh well.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7