HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:48 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,142 Posts
I'm not supplier and i understand that you're not dealing with directsource4u.

I'm new to this remote controlled thing.But i'm already falling in love to this creature since reading your review and decided to buy one as my first remote controlled toy!!.... sad to know that you just suggesting everyone to avoid X4.

What i understand from your previous statement, i just feel that you're getting frustrated because Hubsan decided to stop selling in local market thus you can't get full access to this "little angel" in your own "pilots heaven"! Just like other thousands of chinese local sellers (including aaron from banggood) that cannot take this momentum of euphoria. Then you start suggesting other people to stop buying X4. That's unfair....
This "little angle" is now leaving her "heaven" and enjoying another heaven to global pilots!

I have bought one from sunsky-online but still in the slow boat now. I dont know it will be here or not, but i still expecting the same excitement that you share in your X4's review.
Please let everyone feel how you enjoy your time with this "thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Thanks, but as Soul Reaver said, that post was not directed at Directsource4u, but at Hubsan itself.

The X4 was available in China but they withdrew all of the X4s from the market after the first batch was sold. How do I know? Well, I bought one from their dealer here in Beijing.

See, I don't mind if they withdraw the decision to sell the X4s in a country or region..some companies have their reasons...but to sell a product and then to suddenly withdraw everything including spares really does worry me... and who's to say that they wouldn't do that randomly to other countries?

My post was not to tell everyone to NOT buy the X4, but to buy it when supplies are steady (hence I said to consider the other quads for now).

I may be wrong but judging from your posts, are you a supplier? If you are, please let everyone know because many are looking for a trustworthy place to buy these quads.

I hope you can understand where I was coming from... and my apologies I didn't make myself clear in that post. It was meant only to be a warning.
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
I'm not supplier and i understand that you're not dealing with directsource4u.

I'm new to this remote controlled thing.But i'm already falling in love to this creature since reading your review and decided to buy one as my first remote controlled toy!!.... sad to know that you just suggesting everyone to avoid X4.

What i understand from your previous statement, i just feel that you're getting frustrated because Hubsan decided to stop selling in local market thus you can't get full access to this "little angel" in your own "pilots heaven"! Just like other thousands of chinese local sellers (including aaron from banggood) that cannot take this momentum of euphoria. Then you start suggesting other people to stop buying X4. That's unfair....
This "little angle" is now leaving her "heaven" and enjoying another heaven to global pilots!

I have bought one from sunsky-online but still in the slow boat now. I dont know it will be here or not, but i still expecting the same excitement that you share in your X4's review.
Please let everyone feel how you enjoy your time with this "thing"
I don't want to get off track here in the thread, but first off I wouldn't be questioning what James wrote as he has an inside track to the suppliers and has personally spoke with Hubsan. I support James and believe he has shared his opinion very well and agree with it. Did he tell you not to buy one. NO. He just stated that due to the way the company has chosen to hold out on production and even been quoted as a until further notice type deal, then there is no telling the lack of supply of parts available for the product, so he just suggested for the time being look at other options that have easily obtainable spare parts. I think that is a very fair response and also might help those that are newer who will be in need of spares to be cautioned of the situation. I know there have been products I really wanted to give a try in the past and have strayed away due to the lack of getting a hold of replacement parts when needed. As he stated once there is production again of these items then he will recommend it more as an option due to being a great flying quad.

I don't want to attack you, but I just want to caution you to be careful as someone who just joined the forums to not start out on the wrong foot by attacking someone who has a fair bit of knowledge in this arena (I think more than anyone else, (maybe other than Jim) on this forum due to his direct connection with banggood and other suppliers). You yourself said that his review was a part of why you purchased this little quad.

I think what bothers me the most is you are already fully supporting/behind a product that you don't even own yet. You are coming against James on a product that he has spent a lot of time flying/testing and even been involved in direct communication with suppliers and Hubsan directly, but yet you don't have one in hand yet. Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking you. What I am saying is I think with this being your first quad, you will within the first week probably completely understand James earlier post.

If this is your first quad, then I can almost guarantee within the first week you will break something on it (possibly even within the first few flights). Does that mean you're a bad flyer. Of course not. It's just the process of learning these. I have been flying planes and heli's for almost 4 years now and thought the quad would be easy, but quickly found in my first two flights I just kept slamming it in the ground. It took about 10 flights to finally get the feel for how a quad fly's and after that I was going all over the place. My point however is, if this is your first flying anything you will definitely do some crashing, just a part of it. Crashing will at some point mean breaking something(s). When you get your x4 and you end up breaking something good luck to you. If you need a replacement part, you're not going to get it. They aren't available. The only thing you can do is pre-order and from the sounds of it, it could be many months before any parts will even begin to be available. So if you break something within the first flight or few days then that's it for you. No more flying until parts are available or you buy a whole brand new one. So you might be out of flying for months. Whereas if you purchase one of the other recommendations you can quickly and easily order parts and be up and flying quickly.

So put that into consideration, please.

PS How can you call this a "little angel" when you've never flown it or any quad for that matter?
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:44 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,705 Posts
I have received an email from Directsource4u giving me a tracking number and telling me my X4 will be picked up by TNT(the courier) on the 29th October 2012.

I will wait to see what happens after the 29th, if it does get picked up then I should have it on the 30th or 31st at the very latest.

John.
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I have received an email from Directsource4u giving me a tracking number and telling me my X4 will be picked up by TNT(the courier) on the 29th October 2012.

I will wait to see what happens after the 29th, if it does get picked up then I should have it on the 30th or 31st at the very latest.

John.
I had the same email. They just tell lies all the time.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Same email here, we will see if it turns out to be true.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,142 Posts
He did tell us to stop buying this quad! Read previous page carrefully before start attacking anybody.
I'm not defending X4, dont get me wrong, i'm defending his positive review against X4 that make me bough some of them!

I do better silent if i dont know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I don't want to get off track here in the thread, but first off I wouldn't be questioning what James wrote as he has an inside track to the suppliers and has personally spoke with Hubsan. I support James and believe he has shared his opinion very well and agree with it. Did he tell you not to buy one. NO. He just stated that due to the way the company has chosen to hold out on production and even been quoted as a until further notice type deal, then there is no telling the lack of supply of parts available for the product, so he just suggested for the time being look at other options that have easily obtainable spare parts. I think that is a very fair response and also might help those that are newer who will be in need of spares to be cautioned of the situation. I know there have been products I really wanted to give a try in the past and have strayed away due to the lack of getting a hold of replacement parts when needed. As he stated once there is production again of these items then he will recommend it more as an option due to being a great flying quad.

I don't want to attack you, but I just want to caution you to be careful as someone who just joined the forums to not start out on the wrong foot by attacking someone who has a fair bit of knowledge in this arena (I think more than anyone else, (maybe other than Jim) on this forum due to his direct connection with banggood and other suppliers). You yourself said that his review was a part of why you purchased this little quad.

I think what bothers me the most is you are already fully supporting/behind a product that you don't even own yet. You are coming against James on a product that he has spent a lot of time flying/testing and even been involved in direct communication with suppliers and Hubsan directly, but yet you don't have one in hand yet. Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking you. What I am saying is I think with this being your first quad, you will within the first week probably completely understand James earlier post.

If this is your first quad, then I can almost guarantee within the first week you will break something on it (possibly even within the first few flights). Does that mean you're a bad flyer. Of course not. It's just the process of learning these. I have been flying planes and heli's for almost 4 years now and thought the quad would be easy, but quickly found in my first two flights I just kept slamming it in the ground. It took about 10 flights to finally get the feel for how a quad fly's and after that I was going all over the place. My point however is, if this is your first flying anything you will definitely do some crashing, just a part of it. Crashing will at some point mean breaking something(s). When you get your x4 and you end up breaking something good luck to you. If you need a replacement part, you're not going to get it. They aren't available. The only thing you can do is pre-order and from the sounds of it, it could be many months before any parts will even begin to be available. So if you break something within the first flight or few days then that's it for you. No more flying until parts are available or you buy a whole brand new one. So you might be out of flying for months. Whereas if you purchase one of the other recommendations you can quickly and easily order parts and be up and flying quickly.

So put that into consideration, please.

PS How can you call this a "little angel" when you've never flown it or any quad for that matter?
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Last edited by bangkomit; Oct 23, 2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: am i attacking anybody? somebody has reported me to the board... no probs
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:01 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
He did tell us to stop buying this quad! Read previous page carrefully before start attacking anybody.
I'm not defending X4, dont get me wrong, i'm defending his positive review against X4 that make me bough some of them!

Better silent if you dont know anything
James did not tell us to stop buying the x4, he merely issued an advisory that hubsan might withdraw spares and support in other regions without notice.

James is a respected voice, so don't misrepresent him.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:31 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,661 Posts
For those who already have this quad.

Is it possible to have the size of the control board ?

Thank you.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,272 Posts
What a luck I ordered (and got them already delivered ) spares for this bird before the actual X4 - german nature.... be prepared...
they will last for the next months
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,218 Posts
Enjoy it Mike.

As for the comment regarding stop buying. Don't get into a hissy fit. There are also tons of organizations that tell people to stop smoking. Doesn't seem to hurt the industry any. . When you get it enjoy it.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:52 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Thanks for the support jlcamp7 and Gerry_!

bangkomit, I don't get why you are getting all worked up about this... what I said in the posts these 2 days has no contradiction to what I said in the review. In my mind, a part of the money I spend on buying a product is an investment in the company...to ensure that they will be able to hire enough people and to manufacture enough parts to support their products in the future. It is obvious that they are facing great difficulty now...Banggood (NOT a local supplier btw, I can't purchase products from them in China even if I wanted to) and other suppliers that I advise for have all told me the same thing...that Hubsan made empty promises to supply them with stock... I don't know if you were on the forum yet but a while ago, they promised BG 200 units..I announced it here with great excitement, but that fell through also.

THAT is why I worry. I'm worried that they might be sending out what's left of the initial production run to their export market and then they might stop shipment altogether.

With very little track record to base our opinions on...I think the best advice I can give to my readers is to not buy the product FOR NOW (means for the time being, not permanently)... but to buy it when supplies stabilize.

What I said in the review still stands, I believe that this quad is very well engineered...it doesn't have more problems than the other quads of it's size...and the flight performance of the X4 is very admirable. I enjoy flying it as much as I enjoy flying my QR Ladybirds..I believe that you will enjoy flying it as well...but that is not the point of our recent discussion at all.

It seems like you are expecting me to say a lot of good things and good things only about this quad...but that is not how a review works... It is an honest reflection of the pros and cons of a certain product from the perspective of the end-user... otherwise there would be no need for people like me to write reviews... you can read all of the good features about a certain product by looking at the manufacturers' website.

***The way in which you told jlcamp7 to Better silent if you dont know anything is considered a personal attack on these forums. He is a very knowledgeable person on this forum... and he understood what I was trying to say in my previous posts. I would like to kindly remind you to please treat other users here with respect!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
James did not tell us to stop buying the x4, he merely issued an advisory that hubsan might withdraw spares and support in other regions without notice.

James is a respected voice, so don't misrepresent him.
I know I'm new to the forums and therefor will probably be told to keep mynose out, but from James' post a page back...

"Guys, for the time being I would advise people to stop buying the X4. Too many problems have occurred both with the manufacturer and with the suppliers (especially directsource4u)."

From what I've read so far on these forums James has a wealth of experience, provides reviews and is an all round nice guy.
But he DID say that his advice was to stop buying the X4.

Now, I'm not saying he is wrong to express that opinion (everyone should feel free to express an opinion!) however I do say that attacking someone for disagreeing with him and claiming they are misrepresenting him when they aren't is poor form.

I await my telling off.. ;-)

Cheers,

Si
SC762 is offline Find More Posts by SC762
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:28 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC762 View Post
I know I'm new to the forums and therefor will probably be told to keep mynose out, but from James' post a page back...

"Guys, for the time being I would advise people to stop buying the X4. Too many problems have occurred both with the manufacturer and with the suppliers (especially directsource4u)."

From what I've read so far on these forums James has a wealth of experience, provides reviews and is an all round nice guy.
But he DID say that his advice was to stop buying the X4.

Now, I'm not saying he is wrong to express that opinion (everyone should feel free to express an opinion!) however I do say that attacking someone for disagreeing with him and claiming they are misrepresenting him when they aren't is poor form.

I await my telling off.. ;-)

Cheers,

Si
Hey Si,

I said "Guys, FOR THE TIME BEING I would advise people to stop buying the X4." I still see nothing wrong with this comment .

I think bangkomit took it that I'm just telling people to stop buying this quad for good...I'm not...and that's the point I'm trying to get across to him...it shouldn't be this hard to explain! Ok, I will explain it one last time.**deep breath**...The reason I said FOR THE TIME BEING is because I have the inside scoop and from that the best advice I can give is to 1. Stop buying the quad UNTIL parts become more readily available or 2. If you have the quad already and know where to buy parts, buy enough parts so that you won't find yourself grounded.

Anyways, you're right Si, everyone has freedom of speech...I'm just giving my honest advice to prevent anyone from possibly finding themselves in a similar situation as I was in...it's up to the reader to take it or leave it.

Don't worry, I don't think anyone's going to "tell you off" ... it's a great community and people are generally very respectful. Thanks for your input.

-James
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:38 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Don't worry, I don't think anyone's going to "tell you off" ... it's a great community and people are generally very respectful. Thanks for your input.

-James
James nailed it right on the head there. This community is amazing and if you even just spend a few hours here you will quickly learn how tight knit of a group this is and how quickly people are willing to help one another out.

Welcome to the forums Si, and be careful or the RC addiction will quickly take control.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
146 Posts
video update

Hubsan X4 H107 (3 min 34 sec)

Hubsan x4 quadcopter (1 min 56 sec)
hubsan is offline Find More Posts by hubsan