Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Hi Al!
As this connector from banggood is a parallel charging adapter you have to charge the packs as 1S with totaled up cap.
Look at RCG for "parallel charge" - and follow the security rules if unsure how to handle it.

The ebay-link I posted earlier http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-to-5-Charg...item3f1d87fa15 is an even cheaper parallel adapter than banggoods.

Checking the connections is always a good idea - but not necessary to remove the wrap - a cheap DMM (digital MultiMeter) is more than enough.
If you shouldn't have one - buy it for a few bucks - it has not to be a Fluke etc.... It will come in very handy in this hobby.

-mike-
Thanks for the tips Mike, I'll have a wee read of the parallel charging 'rules'

I'll be using my Accucel 6 charger, so I program it to 1s right? Then do I have to do anything else, apart from keep the charging current nice n' low?

Cheers for the help bud, it's much appreciated!
-Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:08 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post
Thanks for the tips Mike, I'll have a wee read of the parallel charging 'rules'

I'll be using my Accucel 6 charger, so I program it to 1s right? Then do I have to do anything else, apart from keep the charging current nice n' low?

Cheers for the help bud, it's much appreciated!
-Al
That's right.
1.: Set charger to 1s LiPo
2. connect from 1-5 (same) batts (it doesn't matter if there are free sockets left) with more or less the same level of discharge!!!!!
3. add all capacities in mAh - this should be your max charging current to play it safe. There are batts that can be charged with more - up to 5C current, but they will say so if they really are.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:59 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
362 Posts
I don't want to start the whole "Charging Wars" again but I have a few of the harness's that are similar to the one mentioned earlier from Banggood and I have always charged my lipos as a 3s pack. In fact that's why they put the balance plug on there. If you plug in the balance plug then your charger will see it as one 3s lipo and will (should) refuse to charge it at less than 11.1 volts. Also with the balance plug plugged in your Accucel 6/Imax B6 etc. will charge each cell individually and make sure they are all balanced. In any case it has always worked for me, but I still charge all my lipos in a Lipo Safe bag just to be on safe side.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Oct 2009
483 Posts
i like balance charging to, planning to mod one of my old blinkys to a 3x 1s charger as it just uses the balancing plugs for charging.
Jetboatftw is online now Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
Canada, ON, Lakeshore
Joined Nov 2007
139 Posts
Hobbywow Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredle View Post
Thanks to everyone who has posted info here. I ordered mine from HobbyWow last week. And I've ordered a bunch of spare parts, motors, props, extra body, etc. Still need to order the mini cp landing gear but I think that should do it. I've been thinking about getting a DJI Phantom but thought I should practice on something I don't mind breaking and fixing as much. I've got a Parrot AR Drone ver1 which is great to get a feel for orientation, direction, etc but I think that since it almost fly's itself in a lot of ways it probably didn't give me a realistic feel for a real quad. I've also got a few coaxials and a belt cpx and I've got a lot of experience fixing those so I am hopeful I won't have any problem keeping this one running while I'm learning. Keep the info coming - I'm up to page 33 so still have a long way's to go.

Fred
Well i didn't expect shipment over the holidays so wasn't surprised - and it does still say pre-order. However I emailed them on Friday and received a reply on Saturday that they would try and get one out to me in a few days. I was hoping to have by March 1st or close thereto which might be iffy I guess - but I am impressed with their quick email response which I appreciate. Especially after getting ripped off for 1,000 USD last year by a company in China when i ordered batteries that I never received. Glad to see some companies appear to be on the up and up.
fredle is offline Find More Posts by fredle
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:53 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,670 Posts
Fork it!

Using a simple tool that everyone, and I do mean everyone has in their home removing micro props is quick and painless!

Fork Off! Easy micro prop removal. (0 min 27 sec)

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361141474.537157.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 181.5 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361141579.493037.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 129.9 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361141610.233438.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 121.9 KB
Description:
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:14 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,395 Posts
What a great FORKEN idea!
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:45 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,524 Posts
Yep that is a worthy idea that I once used for pinch-off-able micro props, but the problem with this fork method, like using a screwdriver, you will likely fork and bend the shaft on the really tightly secured props that are on some of the other micros like the Walkera QR Ladybirds. The X4 props are usually the easiest to remove unless you follow the recommendation to use a bit of Elmers glue to hold them on tight. The side cutter pliers excel at pushing the props straight off the motor shaft which prevents them getting bent in the process.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:59 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,145 Posts
I got new fcb with code: EA4000362 (hobbywow, fcb only) and the first one (sunsky, rtf) is EA4000361.
So there are at least two version of fcb now in the market.
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:52 AM
was a user.
Joined Sep 2011
85 Posts
flight vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtT9...fZCEGA&index=1

just sharing.
hanginkanluran is offline Find More Posts by hanginkanluran
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,145 Posts
here is the picture of two different board:
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:24 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Interesting, thanks for sharing
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,524 Posts
Gents,
Make sure you silicone the crystal (silver cylinder) to the top of the IC so is survives "hard-landings".
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
here is the picture of two different board:
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:46 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,
Make sure you silicone the crystal (silver cylinder) to the top of the IC so is survives "hard-landings".
Cheers,
Jim
in the new board, the crystal is now glued to the IC.
and there are some different components from the old one
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:17 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,459 Posts
The are different what look to be FETs, 122Q vs 122H.

Also the gyro is a different chipset. The Invensense MPU 3050C looks to be used mostly in phones, and the ITG 3205 is for 3D gaming devices and appears to have higher performance specs.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project