HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,259 Posts
Finally clicked the buy button and im glad i did , what a nice little quad , very responsive and at the same time very stable , it can take a second to stop moving in the direction i am flying in but nothing i am concerned about.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:26 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Hi Scousetheif, welcome to the X4 family. My spare motors have arrived at the old mans house so I'll be back in the air soon.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:58 PM
Learning more each day....
United States, RI, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2012
515 Posts
I posted a quickie review and video - this is for newbies only!

http://droneflyers.com/2013/02/hubsa...ro-quadcopter/
craigiri is offline Find More Posts by craigiri
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:44 AM
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2010
409 Posts
Great Customer Service

On Mon. the 4th, I emailed MassiveRC about the status of Hubsan X4 motors. Romeo told me it might be a while because of Chinese New Year. In the meantime I was able to repair my broken motor. Used silicone to hold the tip of a very small sewing needle with the motor lead soldered to it in the hole where the wire pulled out. Close to 75 flights and still going strong. Anyhow last night I received an email from him asking if I was still down. He offered to take a motor off a V202 if I needed it. This man goes out of his way to help his customers.

Thank you very much Romeo.
HELIRON69 is offline Find More Posts by HELIRON69
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:28 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I posted a quickie review and video - this is for newbies only!

http://droneflyers.com/2013/02/hubsa...ro-quadcopter/
The video is for newbies only, the quad is for advanced fliers. I had another customer break a motor after only his second flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69 View Post
On Mon. the 4th, I emailed MassiveRC about the status of Hubsan X4 motors. Romeo told me it might be a while because of Chinese New Year. In the meantime I was able to repair my broken motor. Used silicone to hold the tip of a very small sewing needle with the motor lead soldered to it in the hole where the wire pulled out. Close to 75 flights and still going strong. Anyhow last night I received an email from him asking if I was still down. He offered to take a motor off a V202 if I needed it. This man goes out of his way to help his customers.

Thank you very much Romeo.
Glad to see you're back in the air bud
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Hi Scousetheif, welcome to the X4 family. My spare motors have arrived at the old mans house so I'll be back in the air soon.
cheers

Pretty nice quad for the money , much better than the v929 ( and a lot smaller) apart from the small amount of drift i cant find anything at all wrong with it , i may put a small red smd on the rear to aid with orientation but apart from that
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:16 AM
Canada, ON, Lakeshore
Joined Nov 2007
128 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has posted info here. I ordered mine from HobbyWow last week. And I've ordered a bunch of spare parts, motors, props, extra body, etc. Still need to order the mini cp landing gear but I think that should do it. I've been thinking about getting a DJI Phantom but thought I should practice on something I don't mind breaking and fixing as much. I've got a Parrot AR Drone ver1 which is great to get a feel for orientation, direction, etc but I think that since it almost fly's itself in a lot of ways it probably didn't give me a realistic feel for a real quad. I've also got a few coaxials and a belt cpx and I've got a lot of experience fixing those so I am hopeful I won't have any problem keeping this one running while I'm learning. Keep the info coming - I'm up to page 33 so still have a long way's to go.

Fred
fredle is offline Find More Posts by fredle
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudibras View Post
First test okay, first problem all motor has common PLUS
A load most emulate motor I chose 1K resistor each.
Went fine until the Arduino boot loader got corrupted, I was not able to set time between readings any longer.
I have ordered a extra X4 board at banggoog, is shipped just waiting.
I had put the X4 circuit board back i original case, still flying nice.

The code was kept simple, a faster servo lib would be best.

// ArduinoHUBSAN

#include <Servo.h>

Servo frontleft, frontright, backleft, backright;
int fl=0, fr=1, bl=2, br=3; //Analog 0-3
int flval, frval, blval, brval;

void setup()
{
frontleft.attach(3, 836, 2400);
frontright.attach(9, 836, 2400);
backleft.attach(10, 836, 2400);
backright.attach(11, 836, 2400);

frontleft.write(0);
frontright.write(0);
backleft.write(0);
backright.write(0);
delay(5000);//init ESC
}

void loop()
{
flval=analogRead(fl);
frval=analogRead(fr);
blval=analogRead(bl);
brval=analogRead(br);

flval=map(flval, 0, 1023, 0, 179);
frval=map(frval, 0, 1023, 0, 179);
blval=map(blval, 0, 1023, 0, 179);
brval=map(brval, 0, 1023, 0, 179);

frontleft.write(flval);
frontright.write(frval);
backleft.write(blval);
backright.write(brval);
}

HUDIBRAS
how about this instead mpu6050 instead of mpu3050 in hubsan x4, already setup for multiwii, you can turn auto leveling on and off,

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-micr...ard-only-.html
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,259 Posts
Sorry should have asked before..

Any recommendations as to a small red smd to add to the rear of this quad that i can feed off the onboard supply ? i can use a 3mm led but would prefer a nice small smd.
Last edited by scousethief; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:49 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Sorry should have asked before..

Any recommendations as to a small red smd to add to the rear of this quad that i can feed off the onboard supply ? i can use a 3mm led but would prefer a nice small smd.
Just have a look there:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808962

If you only want to fire one red LED up - they typically are designed for 2-2,3V @20mA - so you have to add a resistor - in your case ~100 Ohm 0.125W
you can buy these resistors as SMD 0603 size - same size as the LEDs I used - imagine to solder that.

Hope this helps.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Casal C6P Charger Review
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:00 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,259 Posts
Cheers Mike , small soldering isnt an issue for me my soldering skills are pretty good.

I also have the flashing smd strip from the v929.......i did only need one smd but may experiment lol.

sorted , very easy , snipped all but 1 of the smd's from a V929 led kit , soldered to the battery port , it now illuminates red from the tail.

i also have the running lights to play with lol.

oh yes exactly what i wanted
Last edited by scousethief; Feb 09, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2013
223 Posts
This is the right landing skid for the X4

I've purchased this skid...it's simply attached with a piece of double sided scotch tape...works wonderfully! I have also taped the arms and added rubber feet to the bottom of the motors just to be safe. To "cap" it off, I'm using these props from massive RC (thanks Romeo) so I don't have to do the straw mod.

http://www.tmart.com/Landing-Skid-As...r_p140909.html

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...n-2-cwccw.html
pbosche is offline Find More Posts by pbosche
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:04 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
810 Posts
Overkill its been a while since i recived my stuff.i was sceptical about you shiping them without the box but after i opened things i was alot happier i had you ship them.liked the taped motors that looks like a little pouch.thats a clever idea and tells me u been in thjs game a while.i could tell u took time packaging things.the way u packed the quad shows another sign of being in the hobby and i could just travel with that box as well.i thought id take some time to thank you for that.its been a while but i been messen around.i kind of like painting the frames but chrome paint doesnt seem as nice as i thought it would be.paint also rjns very fast on the plastic.primer might be a good option but running tight on cash.
Maybe some realy nice camo or crossbones with a skull in the middle would be cool.i might see if the pait will come off this one somehow.but i want something better and realy really nice.
AnthonysQuad is online now Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Last edited by AnthonysQuad; Feb 09, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:09 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
2,843 Posts
I got a good Hubsan from a local shop and possibly could do with a gyro reset.

I also bought one for $20 and they said a motor wire was off but it seems all right. It will not take off as always a couple of motors do not turn but if I hold it up and tilt it all the motors work when tilted in their direction.

I think this one may work all right if I can do a gyro reset. Mine are Mode 1 and I have done the opposite to the Mode 2 reset but nothing works. That is on Mode 2 - throttle bottom right and shake the other joystick back and forth left and right quickly.

Can anyone help with a gyro reset on a Mode 1 TX?

EDIT: Just noticed one motor is getting hot and is going the wrong direction. It has the correct props on. I guess they replaced a motor and put the wires on the wrong way. I'll have a look at pulling it apart and reversing the wires.

Just checked and the white wire is on the positive terminal. Seems right but can I reverse the wires or will I damage the motors?
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Hey Anthony, I would be tempted to keep the silver on there and use black "crackle paint" over the silver you already have.

djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83