HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:54 AM
was a user.
Joined Sep 2011
85 Posts
help

i crashed and now it wont re-calibrate but it still binds. it still flies but it jitters and i know it needs re-calibration. btw if you guys crash and the bushing on top of the motor pops in and it wont spin freely you can yank it out with a pair of pliers.

my diagnosis is that one or more of the motors are bad cause of the crashes and bent blades or needs replacement . im just worried the board is damaged cause its the part i didnt ordered. i tried to putting some ca glue on the crystal. btw what is it for?
hanginkanluran is offline Find More Posts by hanginkanluran
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:09 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
Hi E,
It sounds like the 50 cent crystal on the flight controller has broken or come loose. Check that.
Yes a new flight controller will automatically bind with the Tx.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by estho View Post
My quad has stopped working now after many many crashes, the eyes don't blink and nothing binds, i have two battery's which put out 4v full charged so I'm guessing i need a new rx, if i buy a new one will it automatically configure to my controller?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
Hi H,
Yes it sounds like you are correct and that you must replace the bad motor(s) after your bad crash.

The crystal is to keep the clock frequency of the processor accurate. If it is loose or damaged, the flight controller either will not work or will have intermittent performance issues. Make sure the crystal's legs are firmly soldered to the pcb and that they are also secured in the body of the cylinder. Glue it to the top of the IC using some silicone so it has better crash survivability.

Your inability to re-calibrate might be because your rate settings in the normal mode are below 50. Go to expert mode to see if you can calibrate the accelerometer. If that still does not work, then it might be related to a bad crystal as mentioned above.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanginkanluran View Post
i crashed and now it wont re-calibrate but it still binds. it still flies but it jitters and i know it needs re-calibration. btw if you guys crash and the bushing on top of the motor pops in and it wont spin freely you can yank it out with a pair of pliers.

my diagnosis is that one or more of the motors are bad cause of the crashes and bent blades or needs replacement . im just worried the board is damaged cause its the part i didnt ordered. i tried to putting some ca glue on the crystal. btw what is it for?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
was a user.
Joined Sep 2011
85 Posts
thanks Jim.

i just tried setting sensitivities to stock and it worked i could calibrate again. btw im flying ken block style 1 prop up front is orange from my lost U816. it was hovering fine. post a pic or vid later.

ill try what Ayo did tapping the cylinder test .

Tap dance done. it didnt move. no effect. i dabbed more CA.

on thursday ill be picking up my parts. board seems to be fine. im guessing one of the motors or the props.
hanginkanluran is offline Find More Posts by hanginkanluran
Last edited by hanginkanluran; Feb 05, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudibras View Post
Anyone here with soldering skills want too join this?

Connect this excellent X4 circuit to Arduino controlling four ESC for a bigger quad.

HUDIBRAS
im all ears! proceed
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:07 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Lol don't tap it mate... Little touchy touchy would do... Lol if it don't work then crystal is probably shot... MikefromGermany linked a place to Getty it from in the thread..check it out... I'm trying so dam hard to work the eye one on expert these days...bout time I gave my x4 a some decent flight time..still got 3 boxed fresh x4s so not worried about breaking anything... When I'm down to my last x4 I'll probably fix what ever is broken.. I'm covered in spares to my neck so no problemo...got 2-3 dozen spares of everything..I think I can make even a dozen diy fresh x4s from em n still have spares..
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:04 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,570 Posts
I FPV'd my X4 & cant put it down!

FPV X4 Part 1 (3 min 30 sec)

:-)
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:09 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
319 Posts
Nice, good work!
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:09 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhjXx0S6Os

More pics of how you've done yours? Mine is slightly too heavy with all my gear added
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
hey guys im officially in the x4 family. it flies like a dream. starting out on a 929 with the original board really helped me. shes going to feel like a semi compared to this hummingbird. i do have an issue with what appears to be the tx. when trying to trim in both normal and expert mode you can hear audible tone indicating neutral but no bars showing how much trim you are using. also when when trying to set any rates no percentage indications show up. maybe im missing something? recalibrated accelrometer and sticks but didnt seem to help. any advise would be appreciated.
MicroHeliManiac is offline Find More Posts by MicroHeliManiac
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Hi guys - this is my first RC and my first post on this forum so please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

I got my X4 on Monday and within a few minutes had destroyed a propeller. Replacements arrived today but I'm insure of how to remove the old ones and then fit these. Is there a skill to it or is it just a case of pulling them out and pushing the new one in?
Chooch81 is offline Find More Posts by Chooch81
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
Hi Gents,
Welcome! Hopefully you will find your answers in this post:
--Improving Hubsan X4 flight performance 101
Peruse that and if you let us know if you still need help.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroHeliManiac View Post
hey guys im officially in the x4 family. it flies like a dream. starting out on a 929 with the original board really helped me. shes going to feel like a semi compared to this hummingbird. i do have an issue with what appears to be the tx. when trying to trim in both normal and expert mode you can hear audible tone indicating neutral but no bars showing how much trim you are using. also when when trying to set any rates no percentage indications show up. maybe im missing something? recalibrated accelrometer and sticks but didnt seem to help. any advise would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch81 View Post
Hi guys - this is my first RC and my first post on this forum so please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

I got my X4 on Monday and within a few minutes had destroyed a propeller. Replacements arrived today but I'm insure of how to remove the old ones and then fit these. Is there a skill to it or is it just a case of pulling them out and pushing the new one in?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:43 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhjXx0S6Os

Very nice..kinky almost lol...jokes aside very very cool dude, how much flight time are you getting! Specs, details! Want it all! Lol
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:48 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
More pics of how you've done yours? Mine is slightly too heavy with all my gear added

I used a 1g camera, 5.8 micro tx & 50mA lipo for power. All from FPVHobby.com
The above video was shot using LP antennas - ive since built a CP antenna to try & inprove the multipathing.
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
Thanks Jim! booked marked that whole page!
MicroHeliManiac is offline Find More Posts by MicroHeliManiac