SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
583 Posts
Discussion
Anyone know where I can get this colour (or close to it) of orange?

I have looked everywhere online and locally but no luck, I need it to paint my 'glass TA-152 fuselage.

Thanks,

T.D.
T.D. is online now Find More Posts by T.D.
Last edited by T.D.; Sep 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:41 AM
USA, CA, Selma
Joined Sep 2004
394 Posts
T.D.

I believe that most large store (Home Depot etc.) paint departments have computers that can mix paint to match just about any color sample you bring in as a house paint. I suspect that automotive paint stores have similar abilities., It just depends of the type of paint you want. Check with them and see what they can do.

John
Oian is offline Find More Posts by Oian
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:35 AM
ERS....Energy Retention System
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,560 Posts
Hi TD

These guys might be able to lead you in the right direction.

http://www.kromaacrylics.com/category/our-shop/

Or surly there is a auto spray shop / panel beaters you could get some acrylic
Paint off.
The colour is BURNT ORANGE... I've got a gallon of it but I'm in Australia

Tim
timbuck is online now Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:30 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
583 Posts
Thank lots guys.

I found it ready for the air brush as 'Burnt Autumn Orange' colour at an art specialty shop down town...$36 for 500ml but worth it for this project.

Also received an email from a chap who said the way to achieve the slightly weathered/un-even colour finish on the top surface as on the original full size TA-152 prototype (and the photo of the model I posted) is to under spray grey primer, which is opposite of the technique I use of adding weathering after the finish coat.

I would imagine that FW was very short on orange safety paint by 1945.

T.D.
T.D. is online now Find More Posts by T.D.