HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,994 Posts
Discussion
Kind of a crash....

A year ago I bought a H9 CAP 232 "Sport 40" About 10 flights in the horizontal stab decided not to play with the rest of the plane and parted company

The wind was toasted and I thought I could fix the fuse. Well.... The only parts I saved were the cowl, with a bunch of work, the elevators, rudder, canopy and the turtle deck behind the canopy. I cut a new foam wing sheeted and glassed with 3/4 oz. cloth. New fuse was built by taking measurements from what was left of the old.

I have absolutely loved how the plane was flying this year up until today. I was doing and inverted snap roll and broke the wing. Not all the way mind you. The leading edge of the right wing panel was about an inch higher that the left at the root. It lived up to it's name of "Snappy Cappy". I was able to get it to the ground out in the corn field without further damage except for bent landing gear and a tiny crack at the trailing edge of the wing mount. It was an exciting ride down, and about 250 yard walk of shame.

New wing this winter and I'll be back in action. Yes I know Photos will come later. Oh, the left wing panel had fracture marks also.

link to the original crash rebuild thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10804273/tm.htm

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
Ouch, that hurts.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker