Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Look at the Naza assistant and go to each unused channel in the mixer one at a time. Setting "sadio or ource" to FULL and the weight to 100. You'll have to experiment with setting the "switch" to SW1, SW2, etc. Then look in the assistant and see if you can get X1/X2 to move with your chosen pot. I'd look for you but after all this, my darn DragonLink RX I used in this is having range/signal issues and I think I'll have to send it to Mike to look at. So, it's not in the quad anymore.
Thanks.

I am having issues with Naza/PPM. Setting stick at first and work perfect after binding but not for long in assist. Gps/A/M go wonky in assist. After rebinding many time I think its solved then when flipping switch GPS/A/M go crazy again. Sticks wont calibrate and Naza crashes. Others are having problems with the combination also. (post 11)

Its not the radio settings,your guide is awesome!! New Naza PPM firmware or Dl receiver firmware is what I suspect is causing the issue.
naturecannon is offline Find More Posts by naturecannon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:22 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,501 Posts
Yeah, shoot. Looked at that thread and posted in it. Glad it's not my DL RX, but I sure with PPM worked correctly with the NAZA.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to use a DragonLink UHF Receiver with a Naza setup via PPM. Since Naza supports the PPM channel ordering of Futaba and not DragonLink, neither my trusty old JR XP7202 or XP8103 could remap/reconfig the PPM channels. Which stinks because I love that XP7202. So, I had to go with a Turnigy TGY9x transmitter reflashed with the ER9x firmware. Which by the way ended up being incredibly versatile and robust. And, since the setup proved to be somewhat tricky I decided to post it up here...

a) In case someone else was trying to do the same thing.
b) For the selfish reason that I can find it if my black hole of a brain loses it.

1. Setup a new model and call it whatever you want. For this example we'll call it "Penguin". Why, because penguins kick a**.
2. Go into the model setup for the model you just created.
3. Right Scroll to "Templates" page (10/10).
4. Scroll down to "Channel Order" and change it to "AETR".
5. Scroll up to "01 Simple 4-CH" and press the menu button to accept it.
6. Left scroll to "Setup 01" page (2/10).
7. Change Proto PPM to "12CH 300uSec".
8. Change PPM FrLen to 22.5mSec (If it is not already set).
9. Go to the "Mixer" Page (5/10).
10. Channel 1-4 Should be 100% and respectively AIL,ELE,THR,RUD.
11. Scroll down to CH6 and create a new mix. Modify as follows.
- Source = FULL
- Weight = -100 (That is negative one hundred).
- Switch = ELE
12. Exit the mix for CH6 (Exit Button).
13. Scroll down to CH7 and create a new mix. Modify as follows.
- Source = FULL
- Weight = 0
- Switch = ID0
14. Exit the mix for CH7 (Exit Button).
15. Highlight CH7 and press "MENU" once, then the "DN" button to create a new sub-mix. Modify as follows.
- Source = FULL
- Weight = 50
- Switch = ID1
16. Exit the mix for CH7 submix 1 (Exit Button).
17. Highlight CH7 submix 1 and press "MENU" once, then the "DN" button to create a new sub-mix. Modify as follows.
- Source = FULL
- Weight = 100
- Offset = 55
- Switch = ID2
18. Right Scroll to "Safety Switches" page (9/10).
19. Scroll down to CH7 and press the "Menu" button to highlight the selection.
20. Change the values in columns 1 and 2 to the following.
- Column 1 = AIL
- Column 2 = 35
21. Press the "Exit" button twice.
22. Connect your Naza FC to your PC.
23. Connect your flight pack/battery.
24. Open the Naza Assistant to the "Calibration" tab.
25. In the Naza Assistant, press the "Calibrate" button and move the sticks to all of their extents, then press "Done".
26. Change all of the buttons on the right from "REV" to "Norm". Move the control sticks on the transmitter and make certain that all of the control directions move in the correct way. Consult the right pane for a description of which direction they should be moving.
27. On your radio, Right Scroll to "Limits" page (6/10).
28. In the steps 12 - 19 above you set up the "AUX. 3/F.Mode" as your M/A/GPS mode switch and your "AIL. D/R" as your failsafe. You will now have to modify the end points in this page for CH7 to activate your "GPS" and "M" modes when the "AUX. 3/F.Mode" is in its full off and full on positions. Middle position should already be "A" mode.
29. Scroll down to CH7 and press the minus "-" button to highlight the SECOND column.
30. With the "AUX. 3/F.Mode" switch in it's full OFF position, move this value up or down until the "M" mode highlights blue in the NAZA Assistant. Once that mode is set, press the "Exit" button on the transmitter.
31. With the CH7 still highlighted, press the minus "-" button to highlight the THIRD column.
32. Move the "AUX. 3/F.Mode" switch to it's full ON position, move this value up or down until the "GPS" mode highlights blue in the NAZA Assistant. Once that mode is set, press the "Exit" button on the transmitter.
33. Press "Exit" button one more time. You should now be at the main ER9x screen.
34. Disconnect the flight battery from the multirotor/Naza, disconnect the USB cable from the controller as well.

Mode switch for MAN/ATT/GPS is "AUX. 3/F.Mode"
Failsafe switch for is "AIL. D/R"
IOC (only 1 mode, sorry) is "ELE D/R"

That's it. You should be ready to rock. Coincidentally, you have only one, three-position switch on this radio. So taking that into effect, I had you setup the "ELE D/R" switch as the IOC control. If you wish to use IOC, you will have to adjust the end-points of CH6 to either "Home Lock" or "Course Lock". So it's one or the other.

Note: This HowTo was done in ER9x firmware version er9x-r753/V1.5627-erez.

Hope this helps,
HansAuf
Can you please list what channels on your rx are going to what on the naza fc.
brent278 is offline Find More Posts by brent278
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
Joined Nov 2006
2,501 Posts
The PPM connector. One wire from DragonLink to Naza.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
The PPM connector. One wire from DragonLink to Naza.
sent pm
brent278 is offline Find More Posts by brent278
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:16 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
Joined Nov 2006
2,501 Posts
brent278 - If you mean how would you hook it up to standard channels and not PPM, hope this helps as a work-around until DJI gets a better implementation of PPM on the NAZA.

DL_____NAZA
CH1 --> A
CH2 --> E
CH3 --> T
CH4 --> R
CH5 --> NOT CONNECTED
CH6 --> U
CH7 --> X2

In Naza Assistant:
On the "TX Cali" page, set all channel assignments to "NORM" for Normal, non-reveresed.
Set Receiver type to "Tradition".
Do your calibration and make sure your end mounts all activate the "A", "M", "GPS", and "Failsafe".
Go to the "AutoPilot" tab and make sure your end points are set so that whichever Intelligent Orientation Control you want activates and de-activates.
Last edited by HansAuf; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, MI, Troy
Joined Sep 2012
77 Posts
How do I set up the Naza with ER9x without a dragon link attached to it? Does anyone have it step by step for that because I have no rc experience
brownegg24am is offline Find More Posts by brownegg24am
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:40 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
Joined Nov 2006
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownegg24am View Post
How do I set up the Naza with ER9x without a dragon link attached to it? Does anyone have it step by step for that because I have no rc experience
Follow the post right above yours.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:24 AM
United States, MI, Troy
Joined Sep 2012
77 Posts
I kind of understand it. Do I copy steps 10 to 20 from your original post?
brownegg24am is offline Find More Posts by brownegg24am
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:32 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
Joined Nov 2006
2,501 Posts
The while setup is the same except step #7. Instead of PPM you should use DSM.

Change Proto PPM to "DSM".
Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined May 2013
99 Posts
I have a Turnigy 9x without a module. Running Naza V1 & dragon link. I know the dragon link and transmitter are playing nice. I hooked up a servo directly to the dragon link channels with no problems.

When I go into Naza software and try to calibrate my transmitter I get no response from the movements.

Is the only way to make everything work is to follow Han's method? Does naza have to be in PPM and do i need to follow Naza's wiring setup for PPM?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Doostur is offline Find More Posts by Doostur
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:00 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
163 Posts
NAZA with Turnigy 9X

Have you select "traditional" when on the BASIC/RC screen. You have to.
b rgds - Happy flying - Thierry
betibeau is offline Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:01 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
163 Posts
Suggest to test without dragonlink first.
betibeau is offline Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:55 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
Another TU. NAZA Lite with 9X and 9ER, receiver FrSky DR8-XP. Frame a Bumblebee from HK.
Charliechan is offline Find More Posts by Charliechan