HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Hi there lovegroove, again lol!

As a humble beginner.. I receive my bumblebee quad today. Really excited now.... however, a few questions (and yes.... I have read the manuals lol):

- I got the 2.4GHz 6ch Hobbyking TX/RX.... what are the batteries required by the receiver? I see some pictures and people talking about 4 x AA batteries, but I'd like to connect my Lipo battery to it. Possible? Sorry if the question is too noob but I could not find the required voltage for the rx.....
rubenskubc is offline Find More Posts by rubenskubc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:50 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenskubc View Post
Hi there lovegroove, again lol!

As a humble beginner.. I receive my bumblebee quad today. Really excited now.... however, a few questions (and yes.... I have read the manuals lol):

- I got the 2.4GHz 6ch Hobbyking TX/RX.... what are the batteries required by the receiver? I see some pictures and people talking about 4 x AA batteries, but I'd like to connect my Lipo battery to it. Possible? Sorry if the question is too noob but I could not find the required voltage for the rx.....
Check the discussion threads on HK ( search for voltage ), it looks like you can use a 3s "transmitter pack" ( aka, low C rated pack in reality any pack that outputs 9-12v should do ) but you may have to alter the connector to make it work. I have a 3s LiFE pack for my Turnigy 9x and it works great.

This should be easy to see since the Tx comes stock with an 8xAA holder ( ~8.8-12v ). The trick will be searching to find a pack that comes in the correct size and connector so you don't have to modify the Tx or pack.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:04 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderKing View Post
Wow, 25 mph of wind, that's hard!

and one more question, how do i set the right gain for my gimbal, i know if i set the gain on the multi it will wobble if the gain is too big, but how do you know if your gimbal gain is too big or too small
Just found a video of me flying with full gimbal setup in 25mph winds. Of course it would handle much better if I wasn't so heavy or didn't have a gimbal/camera handing from the bottom acting like a sail. I was full back on the sticks to keep it in place, the GPS was useless and couldn't keep up.
Wind Test (1 min 32 sec)
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Noob Build help

Hi All,

I've been reading thru all this thread and it's awesome info. I'd like some pointers off my proposed build:

Frame:
- Gaui 500X Quad Flyer ( Kit Only )

ESCs:
RCTimer SK-40A

Motors & Props:
RCTimer BC2836-11 750KV or Turnigy D2836/11 750KV with 10" props

Battery:
5800mAh 25C 4s Zippy Compact

Control Board:
RCTimer APM2.5-UAV 915Mhz Autopilot GPS Flight Control System

Tx/Rx:
Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (planning to do the FrSky DHT on it)

Suggestions?
Agent007pr is offline Find More Posts by Agent007pr
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:52 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
959 Posts
subscribed
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Glendora
Joined Oct 2012
653 Posts
Best way to build/buy aluminum case for dji f550
Mrtarango32 is offline Find More Posts by Mrtarango32
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
There are some many threads and posts on this site, I don't know if this exists:

I suggest a sticky glossary that explains terms and all of the acronyms that are commonly used.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to pay much attention to this thread or my blog lately. My new job has been taking all of my time as I've been working 75+ hour weeks, but got a few days off coming up, so will try to answer as many noob questions as possible and publish some more articles.

http://drone-pilot.blogspot.co.uk/
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Fly Seaplanes
Sandy Hook, CT.
Joined Jun 2009
105 Posts
Hi; I just put a KK2.0 HK board on my Tricopter. Ran through the first battery and put on a fresh one. Now I can't arm the board and the LCD shows " error No thro input" and below that, battery 0.0v.
Any ideas
I am a very experienced Rc modeler. Just new to Flight controllers.
Fviking is offline Find More Posts by Fviking
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Error is what is says, turn it off, make sure your Rx is connected, turn on Tx, turn on model again and it should be gone.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Hi guys! Thank you for all help.. you're life savers!!! Thank you very much indeed for all the help and tricks posted here....Now my bumblebee is basically hardware finished... I'm just fighting with the proper setup of the HK control board v3.0.... so far I could not find a good calibration for the board... some motors spin faster than others, probably still loads of ESC configuration to go....Yesterday, I had a little crash in my flat, attempting to make my first lift-off.... lol nothing broken, but a scary moment....
Bumblebee quadcopter - 11th Nov accident during first attempted flight (0 min 25 sec)
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenskubc View Post
Hi guys! Thank you for all help.. you're life savers!!! Thank you very much indeed for all the help and tricks posted here....Now my bumblebee is basically hardware finished... I'm just fighting with the proper setup of the HK control board v3.0.... so far I could not find a good calibration for the board... some motors spin faster than others, probably still loads of ESC configuration to go....Yesterday, I had a little crash in my flat, attempting to make my first lift-off.... lol nothing broken, but a scary moment.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hA_6BDsSwM
I think that you really should go to a park for your first flights, otherwise your TV will probably not survive.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Lol..... true, but the idea was only to see a 2cm lift-off from the ground..... I learned my lesson
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
The space necessary for safe flight in inverse to the number of hours you have clocked. Anything divided by zero = NaN, so no, don't do it in your flat. You should have as much space as possible in all directions.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:50 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
I can get mine to hover but it wants to really drift. I have to keep both hands on the sticks at all times. Any ideas on what I should attempt to correct this? I tried messing with the trim tabs but they dont seem to do much.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer