SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, CA, Madera
Joined Sep 2012
33 Posts
Discussion
help identifing old super decathlon

I friend gave me this super Decathlon plane after stripping the radio gear and engine out of it. I decided I wanted to rebuild the plane and was looking for a cowl, windshield and wheel pants for it. searching the web I didnt find anything that looked quite like this plane. was wondering if anyone could help me out identifying it. it had old radio am radio gear in it. servo's had male pins on the connectors I am guessing 1980's

thanks,Robert
rocco611 is offline Find More Posts by rocco611
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:38 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,471 Posts
Looks to me very much like a Pilot (OK Model Company) plane that I had years ago. Sure wish I could get another one.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, CA, Madera
Joined Sep 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesUyeda View Post
Looks to me very much like a Pilot (OK Model Company) plane that I had years ago. Sure wish I could get another one.

Les
Thanks for the information, was able to google OK Pilot and found some pictures and your right it is indeed one of their kits. the company is long gone and parts are non existant but I really like the model, think I will make some molds and vacuum form some new parts. always wanted to try that

kind of an wierd thing, the plane had a tail number on it. when I searched it online I came up with an FAA accident report for super decathlon that crashed at an areobatic practice area in Arizona in the late 80's
rocco611 is offline Find More Posts by rocco611
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:41 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,471 Posts
"the company is long gone "

I cried when I heard that their factory had burned down, and EVERYTHING had been stored on site..

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda