SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:00 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Discussion
Scratch build 124 -= M88 retriver

Well about a month I pick up a rolling chassic from that store I told you about that has the use tanks. Well I decided to build an M 88 -2 tank retriver. Since I am no longer building the ships I took my skills into another new area of RC for me tanks. I am learing a lot as I go I did the same about 20 years ago when I was into RC scale ship building. LIke they say you learn as you . I am having fun and like allways that is what counts . THIS tank is in 1.24 scale . IT dose run good still have along ways to go . This is my first at scratch building a tank . Did many ships through my years of scale ships.
DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:06 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Up date

Well inbetween everything going on I have been able to get a little paint on the M 88 . Have not had the time to get back to it latly. Just have to add alittle more detale and the cables and hooks. DON
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
new up date

Well I finely got back to the retriver Did some more work on it tonight. still a little ways to go befor it is done . YES Those are scratch built RC ships. I went from twenty years of scale ship buiding into tanks. Needed something new to keep my busy and I see the RC tank world is as fun as the ships. At least I dont have to worry about a tank sinking Ha ha ha . DON
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
I like, very nice.
I might have to build me one soon
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
GOOD MORNIING DON Thank . YOU
I am getting all of my information from the M 88 sights. There are alot of information . I took a picture had it exploded to what I wanted then went from there. Glad you like it but I still have a little more to do. So how ya doing things getting any better. ?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:22 PM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
damn don

thats looking great, i'm still converting my 1/12 abrams lower hull into an amphitank to go along with my 1/24 conversion on the same hull, going to make my own jet drive with pvc plumbing pipe

nick
nick30head is offline Find More Posts by nick30head
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
HEY Nick it is sure nice to see ya. HEY put on some pictures on what your doing. I dont mind a bit since I am the one that started this thread. I would enjoy seeing what your doing. I just pick up a Walker bull dog a few days ago starting to do some detale to it . NOT Done yet .but is coming along nicly..
THE walker was one I had all ways wanted but never thought I would even get close to it . BUT I kind of fell into it .
Thanks glad you like it the only thing on my M 88 it will need be the stars and those are not to far away. DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:46 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Bull dog

Hello NIck here is the bull dog. When I got it the compleat front of the gun including the gun and the soft pellet was damage bad. So I rework the main gun replace the soft pellet shooter inside and got it runing again including the shooter. Hate to say this but I am learning how to work and replace parts on these tanks. She is the 16th tanks. Something I have allways wanted . she runs grate and shoots just as good. Enjoy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:48 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Thanks jake I was more then happy to it for him. NOW it may be a wile untill we see him for a wile . THE Rain has move in and the track is an out side track. So that will take care of it untill it clears up. BUT we do have fun When we are out at his track. I also fix a tank for another buddy of mind today. He had one of the old tanks that was ran on christals also took a 7.2 NMHB along with a 4 cell battey pack. He was going to let me have it but after I got it runing I could see he did not realy want to let it go. So I told him to keep it no reason to give away tank that you may like . HE Like that idea. So I guess with the back grown I am now learning IT is helping others. O by the way this tank was one of the old ones that use the old wiper speed control that we use to use back in our early years. about the 1990s some wear. I Could have use parts but I could not take it even after he offered to me . He also help me unload a lawn mower and he help me for a wile today when I realy needed it . We have been buddys for a couple of years and we swap back and forth all of the time.. So every work out good today for both of us . HE got a tank that needed work and I got some help that I realy needed . Thanks Jake DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
WEll I got my stars for the Retriver tonight plan on installing them soon . THEN she will be ready for duity ;-)) I plan on having it at the Oregon city clackamas history musuem on dec 7 for a speical show for vetereans come by if your in the area. GOING OUT OF OREGON City on HY 99 going up the hill at the end of town going south. DON THE Rustbucket
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Compleated

OK thanks to another member this week I was able to compleat the M 88 . I was sent the stars. Also working on the M 42 duster. HOPE TO have it done by Dec some time .
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:10 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
compleated and starting new one

OK I got my M 88 tank retriver done tonight and still working on the duster. HOPE TO have it done by Dec sometime.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:12 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
pictures of the M 88 tank retriver

By the way I have my new one right next to it a M 42 Duster