HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by cvlex, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:31 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
728 Posts
Discussion
Blade Nano CPX outdoor flight

This morning, I flew my NCPX outdoor. Although it was a bit too windy for the heli, around 4 to 5 m/s wind, she hovered well and the tail held well.
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Sep 30, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
How about flight time?
Hoovering, acro, indoor vs outdoor?
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:57 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
How about flight time?
Hoovering, acro, indoor vs outdoor?
The manual says that four minutes for normal flight and three minutes for stunt.

I flew three minutes in gusty wind conditions: hovering, scale flight with NORM and some flips with ST-2 (100% flat TC).
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
More or less decent, I suspect aftermarket batteries will perform better. How does it handle compared to the mcpx? I've read that the stabilization is better but that the weight and size make it a lot more agile.

And most important how does it handle crashes, how well is it built, if you've crashed it of course? I want to find out if this is a MCPx replacement or if I should keep my MCPx alongside it.

The landing gear resembles the MCx which was very easy to break compared to the MCPx for example.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
More or less decent, I suspect aftermarket batteries will perform better. How does it handle compared to the mcpx? I've read that the stabilization is better but that the weight and size make it a lot more agile.

And most important how does it handle crashes, how well is it built, if you've crashed it of course? I want to find out if this is a MCPx replacement or if I should keep my MCPx alongside it.

The landing gear resembles the MCx which was very easy to break compared to the MCPx for example.
i find mine much more durable than the mcpx. appears that the rotor head and sprocket are ca'd on so they dont slip.
ive worn out a motor, and seen tail booms break, but it takes a lot of abuse and still flies well.

id still (did ) keep my mcpx's .
skullhat is offline Find More Posts by skullhat
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:54 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
728 Posts
Quote:

Nano is easy to FFF with the bullet blades as mCPX or mCPXv2. Horizontal eight is also easy.

Unfortunately, my Nano lacks the tail authority. She shows some tail wobbling or shaking at hover and the tail does not hold well at flip.

The heli is very durable. I crashed several times into the grass and with immediate throttle holding, no damage at all.

#I sold my mCPX and mCPXv2 for their poor tail authorities. Walkera MiniCP is far better, IMHO.
#My current Blade fleet: Nano, 130X, mQX, 300X with MKS DS95i for tail and 450X.
Last edited by cvlex; Oct 05, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Thanks I'll wear my MCPx out a little more and switch.