SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Discussion
694ZZ bearings: to oil or not to oil

Does anyone know if it is/isn't recommended to oil the 694ZZ bearings found in the Quadpower QC3328 brushess motors from Quadrocopter.com?
Pheliciano is offline Find More Posts by Pheliciano
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:52 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheliciano View Post
Does anyone know if it is/isn't recommended to oil the 694ZZ bearings found in the Quadpower QC3328 brushess motors from Quadrocopter.com?
No one has answered so I'll take a shot.

I don't have those bearings, but take a look to see if they are shielded or sealed bearings. From a quick google search it looks like those are shielded bearings.

While both would need at some point to be oiled, the sealed ones keep lube in better while keeping out dirt/foreign material. The shielded ones do need regular maintenance. All mine are shielded and I inspect and if needed remove and clean and oil about once a year.

take a look at this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481579
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong