SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, RI, West Warwick
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie624 View Post
Will do that tomorrow for you on the pictures. I am using a Spectrum 7000 receiver, and the remote receiver is located way back mounted up under the passenger floor, so that picture is going to be impossible. the reset should work fine.

I am having Canopy issues, going to work out something to make it tighter. I have 3 magnets already, but not satisfied with them yet. Will let you know my final solution.

BTW, in case you did not notice in the video, I put red LED strip lights inside the canopy. Look at them in the video... Lights up nicely.
Awesome!! Thanks. Don't worry about the remote receiver..I'm using an Airtronics SD10g...no remote. Just would like to see under hood for where you put the batteries and main receiver.
viper1216 is offline Find More Posts by viper1216
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Attempted to find some new props today....my LHS didn;t have anything in a 3 blade prop for electrics. I'm hoping to maiden this plane on Monday, so I had to balance the stock props. I used the scotch tape methed. Actually wasn't to bad. I used a piece of regular scoth tape and cut it down the middle for each piece. Took about 4-5 strips on 2 of the 3 bladed for each. All nice and balanced now. I didn't really want to sand anything off, there's not a heck of lot there to begin with and I knew I'd end up killing the prop.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
Attempted to find some new props today....my LHS didn;t have anything in a 3 blade prop for electrics. I'm hoping to maiden this plane on Monday, so I had to balance the stock props. I used the scotch tape methed. Actually wasn't to bad. I used a piece of regular scoth tape and cut it down the middle for each piece. Took about 4-5 strips on 2 of the 3 bladed for each. All nice and balanced now. I didn't really want to sand anything off, there's not a heck of lot there to begin with and I knew I'd end up killing the prop.
I never heard of the Scotch Tape method...Sounds interesting... Could you better detail that one...
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:38 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
you just use scotch tape as " weights" you just add a small piece to the light blades and that makes them heavier. clean the blades well and if you don't mind tape on your blades it works pretty well. Just be sure to tape in the direction of the air flow or you can loose the tape and then have a vibration issue!!
crash74 is online now Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
you just use scotch tape as " weights" you just add a small piece to the light blades and that makes them heavier. clean the blades well and if you don't mind tape on your blades it works pretty well. Just be sure to tape in the direction of the air flow or you can loose the tape and then have a vibration issue!!
Can you send a picture.. Sounds like a great idea to try.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=n82PmM7YObo
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
i cant figure out how to post the video...you have the link though
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
i cant figure out how to post the video...you have the link though
Normally you just post the link and it picks up the video. thanks for posting.... Going to try it. Looks pretty straight forward.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Thanks for posting that Crash...that's the exact video I used to learn how to balance these blades. It worked great! Meant to jump on last night and thorw it up there but was up late with the Duke and forgot.

Thanks for the pics Sparkie...just what I was looking for!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:36 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
Thanks for posting that Crash...that's the exact video I used to learn how to balance these blades. It worked great! Meant to jump on last night and thorw it up there but was up late with the Duke and forgot.

Thanks for the pics Sparkie...just what I was looking for!
that is what working for the common good is... Makes us all happy...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:51 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
I wish i could work on my duke. But i have to finish my T28 first. The wife is gonna kilk me when i put another 400. Into another 100. Plane
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
I'm getting there with the build. Should hopefully have it all buttoned up tonight, maybe tomorrow afternoon as it's supposed to rain most of the day here. Fuse is done and wings are glued. I did glue the wing panels together. Felt better about that. Not sure who posted about it fitting in a small vehicle, but I did a test today with the wings off on my little 1990 Toyota Tercel...fit right in with the passenger side seat down. Wings aren't a big deal to put on and take off aside from the usual wiring you would need to connect for the the flaps, ailerons and motors. Other than that, it's just 2 screws. I'll probably just leave it together as I have a Blazer as well, but figured I'd test fit it.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:29 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
what are the specs for the motors? I'm building a Thrust machine for motor/ prop tests. I want to make sure I at least Double the watts/ Thrust of the original motors