Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, RI, West Warwick
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I was going to get a arf but pondered on how good the electronics could be for 200. It would suck to have such a nice plane in the dirt from a "cheap" esc failure and we don't even know if this plane can fly on one motor so it would suck for that to go out also.... as for retracts.....ALL these foam planes come with (in my opinion) Junk retracts!!
I thought about that as well, but the Baron ened up nickle and diming a fortune out of me as I tried getting all the parts for it. The retracts drove me bananas! I liked this plane cause it had everything I needed, ready to go. Granted, I don't want a $200 plane to go in to the dirt, but it is by far the cheapest equiped plane I own now. $200 doesn't even cover the engine on my gassers and nitro's
viper1216 is offline Find More Posts by viper1216
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
tell me about it.... I went electric on my baron G58...I have over 2000. sitting in a box in the garage..... and I still dont have spinners or BEC's.... or props...ohh... I'm getting a headache
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Can you use regular spinners? Or are they special for an Electric? I have an awesome place I get all my spinners from. Chrome, and I think the 3 blade I got was like 14 bucks....They're nice, I have them on a lot of my planes. I can send you the link.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
sweet..please do... I'm always looking for a deal.... I was going to go to MPI
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:57 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
this motor is a little bigger.. this is more like it or this maybe a motor wont be that hard to find.... quality is another story
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:57 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
BTW, I know I have already said it, and going to say it again... BALANCE THE PROPS... I have done about every maneuver to balance the props.. Sanding 1 prop to bring it is required, but not enough... I am having a hell of a time getting these things balanced and I am not sure why. 2 seem about right.. One of them is severely heavy.... Trying to build up the props using paint on the light props, and I have already sanded as much as I feel safe to do so without ruining the prop in the first place. I like the looks of the props, but they leave much to be desired. I may have to look at another brand prop ;( even though I do not really want to go that route.
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:58 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Who all has this model now?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Took the plane out today and did some taxi test... Seemed to work out pretty well.

Nitroplanes Beech Duke Taxi Test (0 min 55 sec)

Here are some still shots of the plane. There are some other cowling issues that I have to resolve. It does not want to install correctly, so I am probably going to have to move wires and electronics around some what.
Last edited by sparkie624; Oct 04, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:42 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
984 Posts
This is just my opinion...but if you have to "RIG" the props to work...Throw them out and get better ones.... what good are the props if you have to sand one blade smaller or add things that shouldn't be there to balance.....Isn't your plane worth more then that???
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
I'm going to check on some new props today. With the hinges for the flaps....is there a reason to use the ones they provide, or should I grab a few more of the grey plastic ones that I used for the ailerons and elevator?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
This is just my opinion...but if you have to "RIG" the props to work...Throw them out and get better ones.... what good are the props if you have to sand one blade smaller or add things that shouldn't be there to balance.....Isn't your plane worth more then that???
I do agree with you. I think I am going to look for something else, even if they do not look as good. By looking at the way the props mount with the spinner, that may be easier said than done, but probably gonna try. Finally got everything balanced.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
I'm going to check on some new props today. With the hinges for the flaps....is there a reason to use the ones they provide, or should I grab a few more of the grey plastic ones that I used for the ailerons and elevator?
For the flaps, I would use the ones they supply... They seem like they are going to work well... But be liberal with the Epoxy.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Hi Sparkie,

Quick question. Did you glue the tail section on to the fuse? It doesn't really say anywhere about it, and I don't see any screws, so I'm guessing yes but just want to double check. Also, when you get a sec, can you snap a shot of your receiver compartment and batt install?

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:12 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Hi Sparkie,

Quick question. Did you glue the tail section on to the fuse? It doesn't really say anywhere about it, and I don't see any screws, so I'm guessing yes but just want to double check. Also, when you get a sec, can you snap a shot of your receiver compartment and batt install?

Thanks!!!
Yes, the lower tail section you do glue, however the Horizontal and Vertical Stab are supposed to be screwed on.. However, no matter what I did, I could not get mine a tight enough for my Elevators/Horizontal Stab so I glued them with Epoxy. I am not going to be taking the tail off for any reason, so I am not going to worry about it.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Hi Sparkie,

Thanks!!!
Will do that tomorrow for you on the pictures. I am using a Spectrum 7000 receiver, and the remote receiver is located way back mounted up under the passenger floor, so that picture is going to be impossible. the reset should work fine.

I am having Canopy issues, going to work out something to make it tighter. I have 3 magnets already, but not satisfied with them yet. Will let you know my final solution.

BTW, in case you did not notice in the video, I put red LED strip lights inside the canopy. Look at them in the video... Lights up nicely.