HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, RI, West Warwick
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Mine came in at the same weight today Crash...1lb...giant box that weighs a lot more than a pound! I also have the Baron from Aerodyne...it's pretty much ready to go, just have to button it up and adjust my throttle linkages...they are hitting the front of the cowl (I went nitro). This bird is my twin trainer. Hoping to have it done and up this weekend. We shall see....I had a fight with my soldering iron and a deans connecter....the soldering iron won! Now I need a new deans for it. Oh well.
viper1216 is offline Find More Posts by viper1216
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,053 Posts
lol viper...we have alot in comon...I have been waiting for rcaerodyne to get there duke 60 in that was supposed to be in 6mo ago... so this is my trainer also....thats why I bought 2
crash74 is online now Find More Posts by crash74
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
I tried to find the message to respond too, but I cannot locate it right now...

In regards to lights in the cabin, it was done very simple. I used HobbyKing Strip Lights that you remove the back and stick them on... However, those by my experience has fallen loose. I therefore added 5 minute epoxy to the glue side. Using forceps from the front (there is a hole to access through) and sticking my hand in through the read before putting on the tail section was able to simply epoxy it to the ceiling. The voltage of these are 12 volts, and you cut them to length to fit the area you are looking at. I am using a 2S battery which provides nice dim lit interior. I got mine from Hobby King.
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:29 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
The plane is not quite finished yet, but with the wings mounted, it still looks nice... The gear really looks SCALE... See the Pics...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Got another question for you Sparkie...thanks for the flap answer btw. I opened my box tonight to get started. I found a package of grey hinges. They are the small robart hinge style. What are those for? Am I supposed to cut off the rudder and ailerons and install those hinges? I don't see anything on the lovely instruction poster about them. They are not even on the parts list.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Nevermind!! Just read your post #22. Sorry, I read the whole thread before I got the plane...a lot of it makes sense now! Did you put the hinges in yours, or did you just leave the foam hinge?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:00 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
Got another question for you Sparkie...thanks for the flap answer btw. I opened my box tonight to get started. I found a package of grey hinges. They are the small robart hinge style. What are those for? Am I supposed to cut off the rudder and ailerons and install those hinges? I don't see anything on the lovely instruction poster about them. They are not even on the parts list.
Yes, you have to cut off the Rudder and Both Ailerons... My Ailerons were close to come off after exercising them a bit... These foam Hinges are not going to hold up.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:02 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Nevermind!! Just read your post #22. Sorry, I read the whole thread before I got the plane...a lot of it makes sense now! Did you put the hinges in yours, or did you just leave the foam hinge?
LOL, I know what you mean by not having and trying to understand.... Once you have it in front of you, you know exactly what I mean... that is one reason for so many closeups...

Let me know how yours goes... Did you get the ARF, KIT, or RTF?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
I went with the ARF...I debated the kit, but by the time you add in the motors, esc and retracts, it was going to cost a hell of a lot more than the ARF. Didn't need the radio, so I didn't get the RTF. I grabbed two Blue Lipo 2200 20c batteries to power it.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:10 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
I went with the ARF...I debated the kit, but by the time you add in the motors, esc and retracts, it was going to cost a hell of a lot more than the ARF. Didn't need the radio, so I didn't get the RTF. I grabbed two Blue Lipo 2200 20c batteries to power it.
Are you going to run it on 2 Batteries? If one, I have concerns of power consumption. Note the 2200 20C can only pump out 44 AMPs. They are recommending a 3600 25C which can pump out 90 AMPs. I am going to fly mine on a 4000 MAH 35C battery which can pump out 140 AMPs. Please clarify your power plan? I would not want to see you bury it because of a battery, or blow up a battery in the process...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Ok, now I'm confused. I know they called for the 3600...I spoke with a friend who said if I run the two batteries in parrallel, that would give me the power needed...actually more than needed. He said running in parrallel doubles the C rating as well. Does that not sound right? The only other electric I've had was a Squall that I ran on a little 3S battery. This higher power stuff is not my specialty.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,053 Posts
I was going to get a arf but pondered on how good the electronics could be for 200. It would suck to have such a nice plane in the dirt from a "cheap" esc failure and we don't even know if this plane can fly on one motor so it would suck for that to go out also.... as for retracts.....ALL these foam planes come with (in my opinion) Junk retracts!!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:17 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Ok, now I'm confused. I know they called for the 3600...I spoke with a friend who said if I run the two batteries in parrallel, that would give me the power needed...actually more than needed. He said running in parrallel doubles the C rating as well. Does that not sound right? The only other electric I've had was a Squall that I ran on a little 3S battery. This higher power stuff is not my specialty.
If you go Parallel you will be fine... Normally the people I know get 2 batteries for 2 flights. I just don't want to see you fly that with just one battery that is under rated. With that battery config, you will need 2 batteries for one flight in Parallel and you should be ok. The battery config you listed will pump 88 AMP;s where the ESC's will support a total of 90 amps. The Motors will pull less than that so you should be fine with these in Parallel.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
I was going to get a arf but pondered on how good the electronics could be for 200. It would suck to have such a nice plane in the dirt from a "cheap" esc failure and we don't even know if this plane can fly on one motor so it would suck for that to go out also.... as for retracts.....ALL these foam planes come with (in my opinion) Junk retracts!!
Notice the messages that I posted concerning the motor mounting and dimensions. I think that it will be difficult to find that on a shelf somewhere. Never seen one this size in a 4 Cell.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
Noob with Issues
Joined Jul 2011
1,053 Posts
tell me about it.... I'm going to take some measurements of how much room I have and send it to....Heads up RC.. they seem to have pretty good motors.....I'm wondering if I can get past the bell type motor...even with a little less foam!!.. I'm currently building ( modifying) A dynum T28 here... so after mods on this plane it will be heavier!