http://www.buy.com/prod/rad-cycle-pr...225809604.html
tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:57 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,486 Posts
Three years ago I made mine out of one of these, for $29.97 from Home Depot:

I glued on a couple of foam blocks wrapped in duct tape, added some short bungee cords, and it was ready:

I started a thread about it and it really caught on, especially here in Florida when I brought it with me to a few contests. A lot of guys bought that same stand from Home Depot and added variations of their own. See the thread or the write-up on my website for more details.

It has proven to be extremely stable and dependable, even in wind, and I'm still using it today. It's been especially useful to me and others when we need to work on our planes or our radio programming.

Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2003
1,317 Posts
Keyboard stand from Guitar Center, $19.95.
Works real well.

AJ
solo6796 is offline Find More Posts by solo6796
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,092 Posts
I picked this one up at an ACE outlet. Some of the best 10 bucks (equivalent) ever spend. Any glider or model fits!
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:49 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,989 Posts
ooo...my back has been hurting from working on the floor, now I have some ideas!
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:22 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jul 2011
150 Posts
I was eyeing that HD stand last month, you've done the engineering for me...I was apprehensive about the base, getting something stable....once assembled, I know the safest spot is on the ground, maybe a small weight on one of the legs for extra measure...
Mr Smith1 is offline Find More Posts by Mr Smith1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:13 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,
I built this a few years ago. I got the idea from photos I saw here on RC Groups. It works very well. Adjustable side supports. You can sit it on the ground, table or on a tripod.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
JimN8UAY
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Oct 2004
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVSS Boss View Post
Here is what I am getting, a friend has one and it is really nice and works great. Also, if you bike, you are in great shape. Also, price is ~$65.00...also, you can stake it in the ground on each leg.

Marc
Marc,
Just picked one of these up. How do you hold the plane? Do you use the clamps directly to the fuse or have you improvised something else? I am going to try and attach a plane stand like the wood ones shown in this thread from TomB. You're right, this thing is way sturdy and should be perfect for this (plus I can keep Polly's bike nice, too!).
Jim
(Radian Pro just about ready and moded for ALES next season!)
Jimn8uay is offline Find More Posts by Jimn8uay