Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:01 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
I will just have to offer a lower price and free shipping to Canada,Rite!!!??
If you do, please let me know so I can get one $100.00 (USD or CAD) including delivery to my door will get my money.
I will probably be waiting for a while, eh!
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:29 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
Shoot me an email
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stew View Post
If you do, please let me know so I can get one $100.00 (USD or CAD) including delivery to my door will get my money.
I will probably be waiting for a while, eh!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
It didn't flew !
Joined Jul 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Shoot me an email
Let me know too ! final cost (about 180 with int shipping) is the main reason why I haven't bought one, and I certainly know that when I get a wing (and I will) it will be the zeph II
aamorin is offline Find More Posts by aamorin
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Team Basement RC
Canada, ON, Aurora
Joined Jul 2010
118 Posts
Well... I tried to stay away from this argument especially when the wings are compared by a picture or 2 (in my opinion that's a very retarded way of comparing something so technical) but since I started this thread I feel I should sound my 2cents.

I did not design this wing, nor did anyone from Team Basement RC.
We took over DeltecRC's wing as a business deal and named it the TBRC wing.
I have a ZII (I should say had...crashed) and compared 1 to 1 before taking on this deal, I also compared it to 2 other wings I had at the same time.
There were enough differences for me to continue with the transaction and after flying the wing I was in love.
This wing may "look" like a ZII but it is flat out a much better flying wing, and I have flown both, and physically (not in a picture) compared the 2.
The wing in question, known as the TBRC wing has completely different flight characteristics from any wing I have flown before, it's crazy to say its a copy of Chris's wing... But I guess you will only know if you had the 2 to compare.

Having said that, our wing is no longer available for sale, due to some technical issues in production we decided to suspend this project.
I was going to let go of this wing and out of professional respect to Chris, I had no intention to continue with this wing and come up with a new design of our own.
I don't see why you (Chris) have a need to mock us, we emailed you in private, offered you to do a joint comparison of both wings and if the results would have been too close for comfort we agreed to post a public apology and stop all sales of the wing.
Instead of cooperating with us as a professional you act like a bully on the public forums
You showed us no respect and in fact you continue to act like a little girl (in my opinion).

Team Basement RC will not stoop to your level, I will not continue this wing and move on with my life from the likes of you... By next summer we will have a new wing and sales will resume.

I'm flattered that we threatened your confidence of your wings to the point that we were going to effect the price of your wing... Lol

Ok mate, the stage is yours, bully away
Yuvski is online now Find More Posts by Yuvski
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
Its all you, have fun with it.
This was brought to my attention by others who have built and flown and compared both.I have not compared them.
I am not the one with designs like others.
As far your TBRC being competition I wouldnt flatter yourself too much, but you can have fun with the thought !!
If I was competing with you you would know it.
I have cut over 30 semi loads of EPP and I know a few things.
The next guy who is going for the production needs to get a exhaust fan asap.

A bully would be out of work in this industry, but I do have a Spine and a SaK!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:21 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,939 Posts
Meh, at the end of the day more people are getting into FPV and at a cheaper price, so my goal is accomplished. Win-win for everyone. Windrider is also shipping most of their planes for free until the end of October. $75 shipped for a Scout Bee is a steal!

30 semi loads? Daaaamn! How many wings does that work out to?
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,078 Posts
Quote:
Well... I tried to stay away from this argument especially when the wings are compared by a picture or 2 (in my opinion that's a very retarded way of comparing something so technical) but since I started this thread I feel I should sound my 2cents.
Was about time !

Quote:
This was brought to my attention by others who have built and flown and compared both.I have not compared them.
You didn't compare them !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:16 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
I compared the sweep and angles and cross sections that people measured and sent to me, I did not compare them in my posession, I did not do any flight chariteristics comparison nor have seen the wing itself,I didnt need to
What was brought to my attention was how much others had compared them and were blown away by its ratios, foils , and layout .
Also how the motor mount and its install was all coppied and all trailing edges were all identicle.
I was sent pictures showing how the airfoil cross sections and what they looked like side by side .
Any other questions?
This was sent to me today,I have alot of friends and they always keep me informed.
I think this guy is the one who is gona try to sell them now if you guys want one. zebro wings

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post154333
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 PM
Team Basement RC
Canada, ON, Aurora
Joined Jul 2010
118 Posts
Wow you are good Chris, there really is no competing with you... I'm really starting to see how dirty you like to play.
poor Yanick... Worked so hard to design a wing
The guy who designed the Zebro wing is a member in our forum and we have a thread describing the entire CNC process and his wing design.

So if anyone dares to make a wing these days will face the wrath of ritewing.

Wow I'm just in shock of how low you are willing to go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris reported this post claiming he was mocked and insulted...

Good! I will not edit any word
Yuvski is online now Find More Posts by Yuvski
Last edited by Yuvski; Oct 21, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:57 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
LOL, I dont make EPP wings so ther is no competition.
This all was about how original your wing was not.

I was advertising for Zebro, sombody in your forumn sent me that link today and complained to me about it, its not me, LOL, I could care less.
Seriously , sell away !!
Have fun with this, I will be gone now.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:48 AM View Post
yanickr1973
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while yanickr1973 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:41 AM
aka: sircrashalot
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Nov 2009
99 Posts
zebro=prime cut
zII=hot dog
chopchop09 is offline Find More Posts by chopchop09
Last edited by chopchop09; Oct 19, 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: a dog ate my post
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:16 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,125 Posts
I am Yanick brother, we have been flying rc for a looooooong time, my brother design, test, redesign, retest.
He made rc plane before the Zephyr existed,

i have edited my post.

Go see http://www.youtube.com/my_subscripti...RUzUHkDQAytQ68

this will show the wing developement.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Last edited by bakchos; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,125 Posts
Quote:
I compared the sweep and angles and cross sections that people measured and sent to me, I did not compare them in my posession, I did not do any flight chariteristics comparison nor have seen the wing itself,I didnt need to
What was brought to my attention was how much others had compared them and were blown away by its ratios, foils , and layout .
Also how the motor mount and its install was all coppied and all trailing edges were all identicle.
I was sent pictures showing how the airfoil cross sections and what they looked like side by side .
Any other questions?
This was sent to me today,I have alot of friends and they always keep me informed.
I think this guy is the one who is gona try to sell them now if you guys want one. zebro wings

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post154333
So

1st, you dont know anything about Zebro,
Zebro is made from my brother design, nothing to do with other wings, it is a completely different airfoil that we got in profili,
2nd, the Zebro motor mount is in 2 piece, do you have this ?

We are not gonna try to sell them (TBRC) we are alone and built the CNC at home, look at my brother channel on youtube, you will see the CNC developement and the 1st test,

The Zebro wing is not a TBRC, a Zephyr, or a CrashTest Hobby wing, it is a Zebro !

Now you want me to report you post too ? accusing me of trolling when you are the one coming here bashing others saying they copy you ?

You are saying things about Zebro Wings that you dont even know and accusing us of things we never did.

So go away and we will take care of fellow Canadians, and when you start to see Zebro wings in USA around you, get one, that way you will have a very good wing with you.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:18 PM
aka: sircrashalot
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Nov 2009
99 Posts
haha, 3 people have their hands on zebro wings, and there are 2 flights so far, as far as i know... if it wasnt me, wasnt bakchos, and it wasnt yanick, who has been tattle tailing! haha, y dits n importe quoi lui lala! choose one of the 3 prototypes that you find most familiar to yours, because all 3 are different, and the final model isnt even decided yet! i have a feeling someone has too much time on their hands, this is borderline "conspiracy theories" . there is no boogie man.
have a look at your local airport, yes, things look similar dont they. there is a reason for this, they call it physics. i kinda understand, a guy spends "years" tinkering to get good results, and someone else spends a few evenings on compufoil, and they end up with similar results!
chopchop09 is offline Find More Posts by chopchop09