HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:32 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
When I sell here, it's usually in bunches. When I post my ads, I put on the hat of a business owner and become very attentive to those ads and those who post or PM me. I try to respond to each post or PM within a couple of hours. In completing a transaction, I always contact the buyer to let him know when I will ship and then again when it has been shipped, with a tracking number.

But this goes both ways, I've had more than a few buyers not contact me after the deal is complete. It would be comforting to know that they received their item and are pleased - of course these guys are often the ones who don't leave feedback.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
I hear ya Park_Flyer...I just got a package yesterday...I for one like the fast shippers...I always try to ship the following day of receiving funds...I'm switching my Transmitters over to 2.4Ghz and kinda excited bout transforming over...I bought a module from a Member the 16th of the month..he waited till the 25th to ship...and also shipped it in a bubble envelope....I was very lucky to not have the antennae broke....I'm very glad Most Members can Communicate ...as well as give a heads up as to where the transaction stands...I never heard a word from this guy...I did send a Email to him Yesterday....letting him know if I didn't receive the Package Friday....I would file a dispute....Fortunately it showed in the mail...hehehe.....He showed and stated in his sell thread...Manual included.....No Manual......I elected to not leave a rating....because of retaliation.... I've tried very hard to keep a excellent rating...and I do not wish to even have a Neutral on my record....Guess what I'm saying also is.....kinda burns my Butt when several sellers wait to ship when its convenient for them....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I can't believe someone would ship a module in a padded envelope, I just sold an extra module that I had and it was packed in its original box, wrapped in bubble wrap, then sandwiched between two small usps flat rate boxes inside a medium flat rate box. yea it cost me extra to pack and ship it that way, but it gave me piece of mind that it was going to make it to the buyer in one piece.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Not that long ago I sold my 80" Hanger9 Pawnee for a top of the line price and a good bit to ship. This plane was so big and cumbersome I decided to take it to a pack and ship to get it to the new owner with me paying the extra cost so it got to him as it left me. I asked the owner-packer if I could asisst and he agreed. As the process went along I could see that this guy had no clue as to how fragile this plane was and my concerns. After a frustrating hour of going back and forth with him telling me not to tell him how to pack I gave up and told him that I wouldn't let him ship this across the street! I had pre-wrapped the plane before going there. He got peaved as I took the plane piece by piece back to my truck and screamed that he had wasted an hour with an idiot. I handed him a $20.00 and told him to have a nice day. I explained to the buyer and he agreed and he was sent an immediate refund. I will fly this plane in about another hour........It's still for sale but you can come get it yourself Dave/ZEEZEE.....BTW, my buyer's and wife agree, I'm fast!!
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:07 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
I can't believe someone would ship a module in a padded envelope, I just sold an extra module that I had and it was packed in its original box, wrapped in bubble wrap, then sandwiched between two small usps flat rate boxes inside a medium flat rate box. yea it cost me extra to pack and ship it that way, but it gave me piece of mind that it was going to make it to the buyer in one piece.
Yep..I hear ya...when I opened the mailbox yesterday..and saw the small Bubble wrapped envelope I thought...Crap...No show today either...then when I opened it..I said out loud...Ya gotta be Kiddin me!.......I was just Glad the hinged antennae wasn't snapped....

I read my Emails this morning...he sent me one....said he had a lot of Packages to mail out this week...should have sent him a return Email sayin..welp..ya should have sent it out the week before.....12 days to receive a package is a lil too long for me....and No Communication as well...

Oh well...just glad these guys don't come along very often......For the most part...I've had very good transactions with most on here....Bunch of Great guys here!!!....

Billy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Received a Hitec Neon I bought on eBay in a box with a piece of newspaper loosely wrapped around it. The antenna is easily removed by unscrewing it, but not this guy. During shipment, the antenna was driven into the radio so hard that it busted two circuit boards. Fortunately, the guy was super decent about it, apologized, immediately refunded me, and told me to keep the (now) piece of junk. At least I got a battery pack and a spare antenna out of the deal
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I personally ship the same or next day on most sales. I would expect that level from a vendor and try to do the same. However, sellers here are not vendors or businesses. They ship inbetween thier other jobs and other commitments. Asking for and recieving and ETD on the package should be standard practice. If it wont be out till the following weekend, when the seller is home - thats fine. Just don't leave the buyer guessing - he does not know your schedule.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
There really is a simple solution to all of the above and I bet that everybody's moma told to them more than once, y'all probably already know what is is , but why don't we do it? Hell it would save the friggin world.........Do unto others as YOU, would like done unto you. How much would that save, and simple, come on........ hell, I'm no angel, but I do try to do my best, but like an old friend told me yesterday out on the river checkin our traps catchin cats, I love ya Dave, us crooks got to stick together..........BP killed the shrimps.....
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Good point...I think Communication is just top Priority in any transaction..I'm sure I'm like anyone else.....When you buy something....You hope its going to be shipped out soon....

What I do after I receive funds from a Buyer...I let himn know I'm shipping it out the next day...and also let him know that when I ship...I will send him a PM letting him know How I did it..and when to expect it...along with other info...Maybe I just care more....and if you do have something come up..a PM or an Email is SOOOooooo easy to do.....That is what Communication is...You can smooth out any delays that way...if there is one .....But some people just don't care....thats about what it boils down to nowadays...That's my story and I'm stickin to it...

Billy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Thats why Billy and his boys rode with the south!!!!!!