HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by tavfox, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
USA, CA, Cupertino
Joined Apr 2009
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Sold
Zagi, transmitter, t-28 UM, mcpx

I've got a few things to sell to help me finance other projects.

Zagi: $SOLD

My local airfield is no longer permitting pusher-prop aircraft, so I'm selling my beloved zagi. She is by no means stock; 2 HK 9grams recessed into the wing, a greyson V3 pusher 6x4 prop, 20amp generic esc w/ heatsinks, an orange 9ch receiver included and runs off generic 2200 mah 3cell 20C batteries. She's no rocket, but she sure ain't slow. What you see pictured with the zagi is what comes with it. The batteries included are well used and still run the plane fine.

UM T-28: $SOLD (Buyer pays shipping if desired to ship)

The T-28 I bought a while ago and replaced the main motor. It looks like the previous owner had a few crashes, but all in all it still runs fine. It is just the plane in the box.

JR XP6102 with receivers and batteries: SOLD

The transmitter is as is. It comes with 6 receivers, three GWS and three JR with crystals, one spare GWS without crystals, one battery pack that came stock and one designed for rechargable AA or standard AA batteries.

Blade mCP X: SOLD

The mCPx is well used and comes with some replacement blades and other spare parts. It is not currently in running condition, but replacing the frame will solve this problem (motor mount is broken). It has an upgraded aluminum swashplate a solid carbon fiber main shaft and an extended boom. The batteries are reaching the end of their life span and new ones will be necessary.

I don't mind a good barter if you think you have something worth trading. I'm currently looking for the nano CP (long shot, but those who don't ask won't receive) or something scale.
tavfox is offline Find More Posts by tavfox
Last edited by tavfox; Oct 19, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
USA, CA, Cupertino
Joined Apr 2009
94 Posts
Continued pictures
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
USA, MO, Greenwood
Joined May 2010
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Would you consider sellling some of the lipos seperate from the aircraft? I see they are 2200s 3s. Are they 11.1v? If so I would be interested if you would split a couple away. Thanks for you time and consideration.
Postalflyer is offline Find More Posts by Postalflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:08 PM
USA, CA, Cupertino
Joined Apr 2009
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalflyer View Post
Would you consider sellling some of the lipos seperate from the aircraft? I see they are 2200s 3s. Are they 11.1v? If so I would be interested if you would split a couple away. Thanks for you time and consideration.
I'm sorry, I will not be separating lipos from the plane. The lot has been split into four groups and thats how it will remain for my simplicity.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:09 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalflyer View Post
"3s" means 11.1v, FYI. 3s = 3 cells in series. Each cell of a LiPo is 3.7v. 3.7x3 = 11.1
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:19 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
i would be interested to see what it would cost to ship the T-28 to 68127. Please let me know. Thanks!
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Oct 2011
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
why are they not permitting pushers?
james sowell is offline Find More Posts by james sowell
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
Trader Rating: 667
The small props are too loud I believe. There are lots of houses near that field, I guess someone complained enough...
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
USA, CA, Cupertino
Joined Apr 2009
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
The small props are too loud I believe. There are lots of houses near that field, I guess someone complained enough...
-J
Correct. Noise complaints have eliminated all EDF aircraft and pusher prop models due to high frequency noises. Due to the size of the field and the amount of trafic the field receives (there are hiking trails surrounding the permitted flying space), any planes over 5lbs are not permitted, and there is now a speedlimit of 50mph. There have been incidents in the past which have made these restrictions necessary. Of course, not that I agree with them.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:53 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Glad I don't live there!

Then again... the city I live near (thankfully not in) has passed a by-law recently saying no model aircraft at all. Period.

I hate by-laws and rules that are INTENDED for one purpose but are poorly written so that it negatively impacts people that have nothing to do with the intention. For example, outlawing pushers for noise? I'm certain there could conceivably be a design which makes it as quiet or more quiet then a tractor. Why not simply outlaw "noisy" models if the problem is noise? Similarly, the city passed their by-law (according to the paper) due to "nuisance complaints". By who? I might find someone throwing a frisbee in a park a "nuisance" so where's my by law? I'm sure someone somewhere did something stupid with a model plane in the city... so do something about that person.

If "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch" is how we make our laws, then how do ANY politicians stay in office? Why do we have ANY police? How can our military exist? It would be silly to get rid of them all (well, maybe not the politicians) because someone did something stupid once. Same applies to "nuisance" planes.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Oct 2011
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
ok thanks i whould take that zagi off your hands but its to far to ship
james sowell is offline Find More Posts by james sowell
Closed Thread