SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,427 Posts
had a tail servo failure today.....Just managed to get her on the ground with no damage from 20ft up.
new servo in hand from hobby shop and should be back out tomorrow having a go at some forward flight and figure 8's........wish me and the bird luck.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
Gene Pool Lifeguard
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Some loss of headspeed is normal, especially if you give it a hard pitch pump, and moreso if you have an os 32 vice a larger power plant. The raptor can do some 3d, just not smack type 3d, it doesn't have the power in most cases.
conefree is offline Find More Posts by conefree
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:38 AM
Gene Pool Lifeguard
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
As far as the tail servo goes, did you find out the cause of failure? What voltage are you running to the tail?
conefree is offline Find More Posts by conefree
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:00 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,427 Posts
Looks like I burnt the servo out through over use....a retaining bolt was missing from the tailshaft allowing over 10mm of extra movement.....so the servo was workworkng twice as hard.
I also fixed the throttle issue by lowering the throttle curve to 50% flat line over half stick......keeps the speed up and no bogging down at all.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
I also fixed the throttle issue by lowering the throttle curve to 50% flat line over half stick......keeps the speed up and no bogging down at all.
????? You fixed a "bogging down" problem by making the throttle flatline at 50% over half stick????

Sounds to me, there is something seriously wrong in your carb adjustments....

Most likely it is way to lean, causing the engine to loose power when the throttle is opened over half....

At full pitch, the carb should be fully opened, and bogging down in that situation should be either fixed by reducing maximum pitch, or by setting the main needle correctly.... NOT by changing the throttle curve....

Typically, if idle is 0% and full throttle is 100% (it is VERY important to first set up your servo-carb linkage correctly), then for a "sports" set-up (meaning pitch from -3 to +9 degrees and hoover at midstick) your throttle curve in Idle-1 should be something like 30-35-50-70-100 or similar.

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, OR, Eagle Point
Joined Jul 2011
25 Posts
Check your pitch. I have a raptor v1 with a OS .32 I have found that with the motor dialed in it doesnt like much more than 9 degrees positive or negative before bogging and sounding sluggish. Just built a 30 V2 with the TT .39 and even running breakin you can hear and see the difference.
brandyjdavis is offline Find More Posts by brandyjdavis