HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamazda View Post
Like I said throw that mother. No pun intended. lol!
Can do Boss! Lol
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
How about using the assistance of a g-string?... erhm rubber string... I mean a bungee cord?

sorry
G-string Huh . . . . . .Floridian slip Commander! Lol

Bungee cord's & props usually don't mix.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
I forgot these

I think I have an idea as to why my Brasilia did the Buttt-Whiggle on that hand launch, . . .she didn;t have her tail strakes! lol

I added them tonight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
the fabricator
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2007
896 Posts
bungees are for the jets because most of them are fibreglass. A bungee on this plane would probably rip the nacelles off because of the props. Remember props are serious drag if the plane outruns there usage.
deltamazda is offline Find More Posts by deltamazda
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamazda View Post
bungees are for the jets because most of them are fibreglass. A bungee on this plane would probably rip the nacelles off because of the props. Remember props are serious drag if the plane outruns there usage.
Yup! I've seen props & bungee together and it NEVER went right, we always picked up the pieces afterwards Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:05 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
I think I have an idea as to why my Brasilia did the Buttt-Whiggle on that hand launch, . . .she didn;t have her tail strakes! lol

I added them tonight.
More for looks on a model like this. It may aid a little but I don't think it will cure the dutch roll. Strakes like that on tails are usually used to help aid in elevator control during high angles of attack on T-tails. Helps prevent deep stalls.

The wiggle may be more of a turbulence issue due to spiraling slipstream.

None-the-less it makes a nice scale addition. I have them on my EMB-120.

I picked up one of those new Orange-RX 3 axis gyros. Will probably use it in this model to control hand launching.
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:42 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
More for looks on a model like this. It may aid a little but I don't think it will cure the dutch roll. Strakes like that on tails are usually used to help aid in elevator control during high angles of attack on T-tails. Helps prevent deep stalls.

The wiggle may be more of a turbulence issue due to spiraling slipstream.

None-the-less it makes a nice scale addition. I have them on my EMB-120.

I picked up one of those new Orange-RX 3 axis gyros. Will probably use it in this model to control hand launching.

You might be right JD. . .. .. Your Brasilia is Look'in sweet! Nice Livery scheme!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:39 AM
Malanda, QLD Australia
Joined Jul 2004
975 Posts
Of all the planes you've shown on this forum the Brasilia is my favourite- I've flown many hours as a passenger. Then again, I like flying in Metros too, and most people are quick to say how much they dislike the Metro!

Anyway, great looking models and I'm sure they will fly beautifully when the launch issue is sorted out. Apart from the large fuselage basically you have a clean airframe with lots of power, how can it possibly go wrong...???

Good luck!
Rich
Zephyr41 is offline Find More Posts by Zephyr41
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
829 Posts
My original Brozilla has been finished since last spring, I just put that picture up to show the strakes. Never was able to maiden it after several failed attempts. Hung it up since. I want to fly it more but weather has been terrible here in IN.
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1,695 Posts
Nice jd
When do you expect the maiden?
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr41 View Post
Of all the planes you've shown on this forum the Brasilia is my favourite- I've flown many hours as a passenger. Then again, I like flying in Metros too, and most people are quick to say how much they dislike the Metro!

Anyway, great looking models and I'm sure they will fly beautifully when the launch issue is sorted out. Apart from the large fuselage basically you have a clean airframe with lots of power, how can it possibly go wrong...???

Good luck!
Rich
I love the little Metro-liner myself Rich very sleek looking little bird. . . I hope to do a mini-liner version soon.

I hope to get her back in the air sat & Sunday weather permitting . . .. . .if I'm gonna sell these as kits I have to work out the bugs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
My original Brozilla has been finished since last spring, I just put that picture up to show the strakes. Never was able to maiden it after several failed attempts. Hung it up since. I want to fly it more but weather has been terrible here in IN.
She looks sweet JD. . .. don't give up Sir keep on try'in.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Thanks demondriver and deltamazda, I learned something new tonight.
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Jun 2009
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
FlyLow. . .. Sir you need to remember these small airliners have Tiny wheel and are impossible to take off from grass and not everybody has nice paved streets to take off from, the small paved road you saw was covered with rocks dirt, put holes and my 120 would have never made it. . .. in time I will perfect the hand launching aspect of this 120 and then attack the ground takeoffs.
That makes sense, I thought the road in the video was paved.
An alternative would be to use big light wheels and try to take off from the road. Would that be feasible ?
flylowfast is offline Find More Posts by flylowfast
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
Thanks demondriver and deltamazda, I learned something new tonight.
Commander between you & me Paul AKA Delta Mazda is teach'in everybody here on RCG something new every day.
RCG Plus Member