HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Has there been any other Republican candidate in recent memory whose campaign advisor publicly "set the bar low" for said candidate to come up on top?
Yes, they all do.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:33 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Has there been any other Republican candidate in recent memory whose campaign advisor publicly "set the bar low" for said candidate to come up on top?

Ladies and gentlemen we are witnessing first hand the downward spiral of Romney's campaign!
Nice try. What you are seeing is standard reality. This is very common.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:34 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Nice try. What you are seeing is standard reality. This is very common.
I don't remember. Did McCain campaign release a memo with less than a week to go to lower expectations of its base for the debates?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Obama's campaign is lowering expectations for the debate. They must have seen his debate prep and knew he was going to lose. What we are witnessing here first hand is the collapse of the Obama campaign.

Did I mention you took it hook, line and sinker yet?????

Quote:
Team Obama is laying it on heavy that the president may be the less-prepared candidate because of the demands of his office.
Quote:
In what has become a quadrennial ritual, President Obama's and Mitt Romney's aides are doing their best to lower expectations for their bosses' performances at next week's scheduled debate in Denver.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ons/70001299/1

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-expectations/
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:39 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
DOH!

Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Nope. It's akin to a runner letting everyone know he will do his best and then saying but there is some word class competition here so it won't be easy. By the way that is what most athletes say.
Ann Romney already stated how HARD this campaigning stuff is.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Why do we even Judge and vote based on who has the better campaign? The only thing campaigns are good for is spending large amounts of dollars while muddying the waters so the voters can't see clearly. Why note just vote on the guys accomplishments???? Thats how we get hired!!!!

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of it!!!! I'll be off of the threads for a while so I can catch me a breather. Of course, not until I get a few more Jabs in.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Last edited by winndaddy; Sep 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
That sort of thinking is the epitome of the right, and which is one reason why your party will fail in Nov.
It was a joke. Lighten up Francis. Besides, my party isn't running anyone with a chance of winning.
Last edited by RumRunner_1492; Sep 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
I'm sure it is tough.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
hullabaloo caneck caneck!!!
USA, MD, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2004
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ons/?hpt=hp_t1

I was laughed at when I posted Obama was one of the most gifted political speakers of our time and will crush Romney in the debate. Looks like at least one of your own agrees with me.

Washington (CNN) If it wasn't already clear that Mitt Romney and his allies are trying to lower expectations heading into next Wednesday's debate against President Obama in Denver, the campaign is now making it official.

In a memo about the debates distributed to campaign surrogates and provided to CNN on Thursday, longtime Romney adviser Beth Myers outlines a series of reasons why the president is likely to emerge as the winner of the first debate.

Among them:

President Obama is "widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history."

Myers argues that Obama will "use his ample rhetorical gifts and debating experience to one end: attacking Mitt Romney."
Pushing back against emerging conventional wisdom, Myers concludes that the debates will not, in fact, decide the election: "It will be decided by the American people," she says.

================================================== ================================================
Love that last caveat. Hope your expectations have been successfully lowered.

Lovely job of cherry-picking and contorting. If you actually read the memo (which is in the link you posted), Myers is merely pointing pointing out the obvious. (1) Obama is known for his debating skills and abilities to skirting the truth, (2) he will attempt to run and avoid all discussion about his economic record. Meyers never says she thinks Obama will win the debate.
AggieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AggieFlyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieFlyer View Post
Lovely job of cherry-picking and contorting. If you actually read the memo (which is in the link you posted), Myers is merely pointing pointing out the obvious. (1) Obama is known for his debating skills and abilities to skirting the truth, (2) he will attempt to run and avoid all discussion about his economic record. Meyers never says she thinks Obama will win the debate.
of course i read it and is why i posted it. She's lowering expectations, much to the chagrin of many Conservatives here that have said R will kill O in the debates. It's laughable.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Who really cares what Ann Romney says? She isn't running for office.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:16 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Who really cares what Ann Romney says? She isn't running for office.
She's campaigning which is why she's commenting on it. The press clearly cares And felt it is newsworthy
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
of course i read it and is why i posted it. She's lowering expectations, much to the chagrin of many Conservatives here that have said R will kill O in the debates. It's laughable.
And as I have shown Obama is trying to lower expectations for him. This is nothing new.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,243 Posts
Quote:
It's a windfall around here of backtracking. R was going to KILL O in the debates. Did I misread those posts?
Don't worry its not his job to appeal to people like you.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob