SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingword26 View Post
What do you regret about it?
Crappy servos, crappy gyro, crappy swash plate... honestly, all those things discourage you from learning the meat of the whole hobby. I would have liked to have gotten a MCPX v2 and learned off that instead of buying a 450.

Well that's what i'm going to do now, i'm downgrading to a mcpx v2 and learning off that and shelving my clone 450 from hobby king.

I went with the DX6i and to me, i think that was a good choice. Features are useless if you can't fully appreciate them if you're already learning so much.
feerof is offline Find More Posts by feerof
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:26 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
some things trying to learn with crap gear only makes it harder
Skiing is another one learning with crap rentals will slow you down since the gear changes every time vs your own even 1/2 decent gear is consistent

same here crap gear will only hinder you since youll be fighting the heli the whole time
not know if its you or the heli thats the issue and chasing problems all the time
where if you get a good kit any thing 450 or bigger (imo a 500 is best)
you will A. learn to build and there for repair it faster and B. since the heli shouldnt have issues any any thing that pops up is most likely you not the heli
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000