HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
I have to agree with you on the "no one perfect controller". Naza is the only one I've had any luck with and it has been far from perfect. That's why I put it on the FlyDumini, that was a mistake I learned from.
I've also tried the AQ50D on mini quads, I think they're too sensitive. I've been told that the AQ50D works best on larger quads, I don't know if I want to take the chance.
I'm willing to take a chance on something different, like the NanoWii so long as there are knowledgeable people around that can guide you when you need it.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Warthox,
Is there any chance you could post a few pictures of the bottom of your Flyduino nanoquad?
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
Thank you, Warthox. I see you have a little dried dirt on one of your props???
The other thing, your original pictures looked like this one had little legs, not so, it was your battery & RX.
Last edited by skipper1; Oct 17, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:40 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, Warthox. I see you have a little dried dirt on one of your props???
The other thing, your original pictures looked like this one had little legs, not so, it was your battery & RX.
dirt = low level flying

there is a landing gear delivered but i dont really like landing gears on funcopters
i catch them by hand anyway.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
dirt = low level flying

there is a landing gear delivered but i dont really like landing gears on funcopters
i catch them by hand anyway.
I've noticed you're a real daredevil. I like the video of your where you're at a corn field and fly through the windows of your car.

You seem to be really knowledgeable about the MultiWii, especially the small ones that Paul sells. I really want to get his new one since I have most of the parts but I just don't know anything about the Wii. Just how hard are they to set up and get your quad stable?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:34 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
I've noticed you're a real daredevil. I like the video of your where you're at a corn field and fly through the windows of your car.

You seem to be really knowledgeable about the MultiWii, especially the small ones that Paul sells. I really want to get his new one since I have most of the parts but I just don't know anything about the Wii. Just how hard are they to set up and get your quad stable?
if u build a normal quad it will fly without changing any pids or else.
there are many tutorials which help to build/program it and u can also ask in the multiwii thread. there are many people which can help.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
if u build a normal quad it will fly without changing any pids or else.
there are many tutorials which help to build/program it and u can also ask in the multiwii thread. there are many people which can help.
Thanks, Warthox. I need a plug and play so I can enjoy the quad and be learning as I go. I have a problem of getting frustrated if nothing works as it is supposed to.
You're an inspiration to all us new fliers, I will order this weekend.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:30 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Hi All,

Just updated the first post with some pics of the components. And a place keeper for Wartox's videos

I'll keep updating the OP with builds / info etc, let me know if there's something that belongs there!

Cheers
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Soma; Oct 18, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Hi Warthox,

Did you need to take any precautions to prevent the pins protruding from the bottom of the frame from puncturing the lipo, or is the velcro enough?

What flight times do you get with the 2s 480's? I have ordered some 2s 450's and I'm hoping that'll work.

Also, how do you balance your blades? I didn't notice any tape or scrapes on the props.

I thought it but didn't post that's one nice quad by the way!

Cheers

Quote:
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Darlington
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
hi everyone, this is my first post here so be gentle!.( well second now as i also posted this in the nanowii thread)

i have just finished putting together my first quad, the nannoquad from flyduino.
this is the first flying rc craft i have ever built, owned or flown so i am a complete novice with everything! lol.

i think i have managed to assemble everything right (my build is the same components as warthox) i have managed to download the multiwii sketch to the nanowii and have defined what i think needed to be defined.
in the multiwii gui i can see the tx stick inputs moving and when i move the nanoquad the roll and pitch also seem to be working.

but i am not getting any power to the motors? what am i missing? do i need to calibrate something?.
when i plug in the battery i get a solid red led light on the nanowii and one green light flashes every few seconds, and one beep.

any help would be much appreciated, i just want to start learning to fly!
i will post up some pics of my build tomorrow.
sarrs4 is offline Find More Posts by sarrs4
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrs4 View Post
hi everyone, this is my first post here so be gentle!.( well second now as i also posted this in the nanowii thread)

i have just finished putting together my first quad, the nannoquad from flyduino.
this is the first flying rc craft i have ever built, owned or flown so i am a complete novice with everything! lol.

i think i have managed to assemble everything right (my build is the same components as warthox) i have managed to download the multiwii sketch to the nanowii and have defined what i think needed to be defined.
in the multiwii gui i can see the tx stick inputs moving and when i move the nanoquad the roll and pitch also seem to be working.

but i am not getting any power to the motors? what am i missing? do i need to calibrate something?.
when i plug in the battery i get a solid red led light on the nanowii and one green light flashes every few seconds, and one beep.

Show us some pics of your build and I'd like to know how the nanowii is working for you?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Hi Sarrs and welcome!

I'm new to multiwii too and this may be off the mark but are you doing the stick sequence to arm the motors?

Cheers

Quote:

RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Hi Warthox,

Did you need to take any precautions to prevent the pins protruding from the bottom of the frame from puncturing the lipo, or is the velcro enough?

What flight times do you get with the 2s 480's? I have ordered some 2s 450's and I'm hoping that'll work.

Also, how do you balance your blades? I didn't notice any tape or scrapes on the props.

I thought it but didn't post that's one nice quad by the way!

Cheers
i cutted the pins pretty short and also used a bit more solder so the protruding pins are not sharp. theres no velcro between frame and lipo. can make a photo if you want.

with the way i fly (mostly full throttle) i get 3min flighttime. didnt tried 'normal' flying but the flighttime should be much higher. 2s450 are great for a responsive config

i didnt balanced the props. the flyduino 5" props (2bladed) are the best i ever used.

thanks

Quote:

have you done acc calibration while the quad is level? the green led is blinking when the quad isnt calibrated and also if the quad is not nearly level. while the led is blinking you cant arm the quad. its a safety feature.
you have to arm the quad by putting throttle down and yaw to the right. disarm by putting throttle down and yaw to the left.
you also have to do the esc throttle calibration.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Darlington
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
first up heres a couple of pics

Name: IMAG0080.jpg
Views: 613
Size: 190.6 KB
Description:
Name: IMAG0082.jpg
Views: 456
Size: 175.3 KB
Description:
Name: IMAG0090.jpg
Views: 675
Size: 300.7 KB
Description:

Quote:
have you done acc calibration while the quad is level? the green led is blinking when the quad isnt calibrated and also if the quad is not nearly level. while the led is blinking you cant arm the quad. its a safety feature.
you have to arm the quad by putting throttle down and yaw to the right. disarm by putting throttle down and yaw to the left.
you also have to do the esc throttle calibration.
thanks for replying warthox, right you are probably going to laugh but what is an acc calibration?. also i have not calibrated the esc's, how do i do that? do i have to de-solder them from the frame?.
like i said in my first post i am a complete novice! so thankyou for your patience.

i thought i had done quite well up until now, i thought the hard bit would have been sorting and downloading the sketch onto the nanowii but i seem to have managed that bit ok!, i think!...lol.

Quote:
Hi Sarrs and welcome!

I'm new to multiwii too and this may be off the mark but are you doing the stick sequence to arm the motors?

Cheers
hi soma thanks for the welcome, i tried the arming thing with the sticks but no joy.
sarrs4 is offline Find More Posts by sarrs4
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
[QUOTE=sarrs4;23042722]first up heres a couple of pics

Attachment 5242015
Attachment 5242016
Attachment 5242017

thanks for replying warthox, right you are probably going to laugh but what is an acc calibration?. also i have not calibrated the esc's, how do i do that? do i have to de-solder them from the frame?.
like i said in my first post i am a complete novice! so thankyou for your patience.

i thought i had done quite well up until now, i thought the hard bit would have been sorting and downloading the sketch onto the nanowii but i seem to have managed that bit ok!, i think!...lol.

You're doing OK. Go to youtube and search "how to calibrate an esc". There are several videos showing you how plus there is printed material to help too. Don't worry, it is not difficult, it's just part of the process.