HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:42 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto View Post
Reverse the channels and adjust throws in the transmitter. My DX7s needed throws at about 125% to get 1000 to 2000 mS.
Thanks Moto, I had to up my throttle to 125%. Easy fix, I just wasn't sure which way would be best.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:32 PM
Austrian adrenaline junkie...
Joined Jun 2012
64 Posts
Hi guys!
Are there any new recommendations on motors for this quad?
My 1811-2900 seem to dislike the constant crashes and are slowly bending their shafts...
I don't want to invest in tigermotors as long i keep crashing (yes, it's getting better...), afterwards i will ;-)
tigerduck is offline Find More Posts by tigerduck
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
2,643 Posts
Hey Tiger,

I'm going to try those blue motors Moto bought from HiModel a few pages back.

He's had good things to say about them so far.

Cheers
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:28 PM
Austrian adrenaline junkie...
Joined Jun 2012
64 Posts
Yeah, great! Please keep us updated!
This thing is so much fun....
tigerduck is offline Find More Posts by tigerduck
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Guys,
I have some questions as I talk to myself here for a bit...I've searched many sources of information on different sites to see if I can find some sort of solution for my situation (besides spend more money). I recently bought a Futaba T8FG Super and R6208 SB receiver. I've also read this entire thread with no mention of Futaba anything trying to search for something more integrated than 4 wires going to my receiver to the nanowii FCB. I want to use the PPM sum signal or spektrum satellite connections because it just makes for an all around better/cleaner setup from the looks of it.
So here are my slew of n00b questions as this will be my first post on the forum (please bare with me):
1. Did I buy the wrong Tx/Rx combo? I read so many "great" reviews on the Futaba I just bought so I thought it was a good plan although now it seems I should have bought a Spektrum Tx/Rx with the satellite receiver combo to fly my recently acquired nanowii/nanoquad.
2. The Fubata has a "Sbus" for the 8th channel. Can this be used as the PPM sum signal if I just re-assign channels (2b. Is this a really dumb question?)?
3. Could I buy a Spektrum receiver (lets say AR8000) and paired satellite receiver (lets say SPM9645) and bind it to my Futaba Tx? ( I think the answer is no but just want to double check).
4. If nothing works here, does anyone want to buy a barely used T8FG Super with R6208 SB receiver on the cheap?
thurst is offline Find More Posts by thurst
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:31 AM
Time to learn to fly
The Netherlands, OV, Zwolle
Joined Feb 2012
193 Posts
1. No, you did not buy the wrong tx. I own the same futaba and played with a spektrum so I know for sure, you did not buy the wrong tx.
2 and 3. On the other hand, you won't be able to use the s-bus on the nanoquad. Only the Mega boards are able to use an s-bus receiver according to the code below:

/******************************* SBUS RECIVER ************************************/
/* The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1).
You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
//#define SBUS

4. what do you call cheap

But seriously, keep the futaba. it's a great transmitter that is developed through years of experience. Try to find a small receiver for the nanoquad although a "normal" size receiver will do too.
Especially for my NanoQuad, I ordered a smal receiver at hobbyking and could let you know if it works.
Sandav is offline Find More Posts by Sandav
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:54 AM
I don't roll on Shabbos!
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandav View Post
On the other hand, you won't be able to use the s-bus on the nanoquad. Only the Mega boards are able to use an s-bus receiver according to the code below:

/******************************* SBUS RECIVER ************************************/
/* The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1).
You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
//#define SBUS
The NanoWii is an ATmega32u4. The S Bus will still require an inverter, however.
Moto Moto is offline Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
I've seen some hacking (voided warranty) on a fubata Rx to get the PPM sum signal out, any way possible to do this with any other receiver out on the market today that is FASST compatible?
or
Is there any such Rx out there (FASST compatible) that can use the satellite signal cable?

I'm trying really hard to try and use only 1 - 3 wire cable instead of 4-6 cables.

good find on that tiny Rx though ;o
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:21 AM
Time to learn to fly
Joined Feb 2012
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst View Post
I've seen some hacking (voided warranty) on a fubata Rx to get the PPM sum signal out, any way possible to do this with any other receiver out on the market today that is FASST compatible?
or
Is there any such Rx out there (FASST compatible) that can use the satellite signal cable?

I'm trying really hard to try and use only 1 - 3 wire cable instead of 4-6 cables.

good find on that tiny Rx though ;o
I got my receiver yesterday. It's not a satelite so you stil have to use all the channels but it's the smallest solution I found without hacking the futaba
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandav View Post
I got my receiver yesterday. It's not a satelite so you stil have to use all the channels but it's the smallest solution I found without hacking the futaba

very nice Sandav!!!!
That looks awesome! Hobbyking should sponsor you because I just ordered a couple of these little guys bc of you!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
Time to learn to fly
Joined Feb 2012
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst View Post
Hobbyking should sponsor you because I just ordered a couple of these little guys bc of you!
You go tell hobbyking, my wishlist is growing and growing
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Was going to finally order my stuff from flyduino and the nanowii is out of stock!
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:49 PM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
248 Posts
I had the same -- ask them, it will be back in stock soon
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:26 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
2,643 Posts
Sorry Chaps, been away a bit! Not much time for multis lately

Nice build Sandav, very clean. How's it fly?

I wanted to put my Spektrum satelite where your rx is but couldn't get it out of the case.

Cheers.
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:02 AM
Time to learn to fly
Joined Feb 2012
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Nice build Sandav, very clean. How's it fly?

I wanted to put my Spektrum satelite where your rx is but couldn't get it out of the case.

Cheers.
Thanks,
It flies very stable and much faster than I expected.
I haven't flown much outside because it's cold and wet, right now it's snowing again.

The esc's will be flashed with SimonK firmware but I'm waiting for some small connectors I bought of ebay. They fit straight on the esc solder pads so I have a connection point for future upgrades on the esc's.