HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:14 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
I want to learn how to fly like Warthox. I think I've seen every one of your videos and I can always tell who the pilot is by watching your style of flying.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:17 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,724 Posts
just fly as often as you can...
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:56 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,237 Posts
Hey Warhox thanks for posting.

I was wondering how this frame would fly with you at the controls. I very much look forward to the vids. Good to hear you're liking it.

I'll update the OP with links to your build and vids when they're up.

Good to see how you installed the ESCs with the FETs facing up to cool. I was thinking of doing this but I probably would have forgotten to cross the wires!

Mine arrived yesterday. I am amazed at the level of quality of all the Flyduino components. Absolutely first class products. I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience placing the lipo up above the flight control board to raise the centre of gravity more to the centre of the prop disks? I'm interested to hear how this affects handling of a quad? Seems like if weight were centred there it would be more responsive?

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
heres my build.

mt1306
flyduino 6A esc
2s480
5x3" prop flyduino

Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:12 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
@Warthox, not only is your flying insane, but also you're apparently an artist. Those pics and and the build are just beautiful!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Good to see how you installed the ESCs with the FETs facing up to cool. I was thinking of doing this but I probably would have forgotten to cross the wires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
@Warthox, not only is your flying insane, but also you're apparently an artist. Those pics and and the build are just beautiful!
thanks
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,724 Posts
heavy lift nanoquad?

Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
You're going to need shorter motor wires...
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:59 PM
romantist
Chicago
Joined Jul 2004
1,059 Posts
Quote:

thanks

Veeerry nice build!!! What is the total cost on this build? I just visited the site, it seems they have all the necessary items there...

Palomo
palomo is offline Find More Posts by palomo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:05 PM
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jul 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
heres my build.

mt1306
flyduino 6A esc
2s480
5x3" prop flyduino

warthox, which RX do you use?
dhano6 is offline Find More Posts by dhano6
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:08 PM
Schweiz, AG, Schneisingen
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
heavy lift nanoquad?

you need to add a sensor measuring the torsion angle.
robert b is offline Find More Posts by robert b
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
You're going to need shorter motor wires...
damn your right, with this length they are to heavy i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomo View Post
Veeerry nice build!!! What is the total cost on this build? I just visited the site, it seems they have all the necessary items there...

Palomo
its arround 280 without tx/rx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhano6 View Post
warthox, which RX do you use?
graupner hott gr12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert b View Post
you need to add a sensor measuring the torsion angle.
mh, i should think about...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Warthox,
Is there any chance you could post a few pictures of the bottom of your Flyduino nanoquad? I think I want to order.
A few months ago purchased 8 MT1306 3100kv motors from Paul along with several 5030 props. I tried to put together a second hand Flydumini frame with DJI NAZA FC, iPeaka 10A esc's, Spektrum AR6115e RX and 2S 800mah 15C lipos. You already know the problems I've had. Too heavy.
Since I have the motors, batteries and AR6115e RX, I want to get the new Nano frame, 6A ESC's and NanoWii OR do I want to get the MicroWii?
The problems I see in the future is the Nano or MicroWii FC. I have no experience with them and don't know of anyone that has experience with them. Do these come from Paul ready to plug and play or what do I need to know? Are they difficult to set up?
If you don't mind sharing your knowledge on this, I would appreciate it and I'm sure others would too.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
...The problems I see in the future is the Nano or MicroWii FC. I have no experience with them and don't know of anyone that has experience with them. Do these come from Paul ready to plug and play or what do I need to know? Are they difficult to set up?
If you don't mind sharing your knowledge on this, I would appreciate it and I'm sure others would too.
Just to chime in...the Nanowii is no harder to set up than any other Multiwii type controller. I have four of them and two more on the way. I like how the pins connections are grouped...inputs on one side, outputs on another, and add-ons on another. The one thing I don't like about (most) Multiwii boards is the pin labeling. It's so much easier to look at a board that's marked T,R,P,Y,Aux for inputs and M1, M2, etc for outputs. The closest I have to that is my Quadrino and only the inputs are marked in this way. Everything else requires looking at a manual to figure out which motor connects to which output pin.

Aside from the above, needing to learn what's in the Sketch and what needs to be commented/uncommented for your setup is probably the worse part...just a learning curve thing and standard across all MultiWii boards.

I like my Nanowii's. They are small, flexible, and work well. You just have to learn the firmware stuff...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Just to chime in...the Nanowii is no harder to set up than any other Multiwii type controller. I have four of them and two more on the way. I like how the pins connections are grouped...inputs on one side, outputs on another, and add-ons on another. The one thing I don't like about (most) Multiwii boards is the pin labeling. It's so much easier to look at a board that's marked T,R,P,Y,Aux for inputs and M1, M2, etc for outputs. The closest I have to that is my Quadrino and only the inputs are marked in this way. Everything else requires looking at a manual to figure out which motor connects to which output pin.

Aside from the above, needing to learn what's in the Sketch and what needs to be commented/uncommented for your setup is probably the worse part...just a learning curve thing and standard across all MultiWii boards.

I like my Nanowii's. They are small, flexible, and work well. You just have to learn the firmware stuff...
Well, I certainly like the small lightness of the NanoWii, it's just that I know nothing about them but like you said, it's a learning curve. Vantasstic, with people like you around, I hope to be able to find the answer to my many questions that will be coming. And, just from your post, I'm assuming I need to get the NanoWii?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Well, I certainly like the small lightness of the NanoWii, it's just that I know nothing about them but like you said, it's a learning curve. Vantasstic, with people like you around, I hope to be able to find the answer to my many questions that will be coming. And, just from your post, I'm assuming I need to get the NanoWii?
Well I like the Nanowii at least...hence why I keep buying them. That said, I have had an issue too...on a little mini-Tricopter. No matter what controller I had on it I either had death wobbles or would drop a motor in flight (which of course results in, um, crash landings. The only board I had that did work with this one frame in my OP CC board...also the same size of the Nanowii. I like my CC, it's very adjustable and powerful. The Multiwii boards seem to do better with aerobatics and feel more locked in than my CC board. I guess I'm trying to say there is no 'one' perfect controller for everything possible setup.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member