Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Discussion
My Nano CP x success

A little bit of history.

Started with a "micro mosquito" from radio shack. Hooked on RC instantly.

Bought a lama v4, learned to fly the heck out of it. At the same time putting a crazy amount of time on real flight g3. Bought a honeybee FP, as at the time it was the thing to have. Learned to hover it in all orientations, tried FF but was too hesitant to really open it up (waiting 3 weeks for a single part sucks). I eventually sold it, as I just felt it flew like crap. My RC heli love died, but I was still flying them on the sim, I could do inverted, FF, FFF, 3d, all that fun stuff. I continued to fly planes, 3d foamies, warbirds, ect. Then I bought a blade mcx a couple years later... got bored of it instantly. Bought a blade msr, awesome. I could finally fly FF and all that fun stuff on a single rotor heli. Flew the crap out of it. Couldn't afford a big 450.. so then my love died again. Fast forward a year, I build a hk450 clone. Hover it, too scared to actually fly it. Sold it.

And then there is now. I get bit by the bug again. Check out the current offerings. Wow. The amount smaller heli's have come along is crazy. Same with 450's, 500's, and now there are a bunch of 300's, 130's ect. All available to me as a BNF.

I now know about the mcpx v2. And am about to pull the trigger when I hear about the nano cp x. I decide to wait a little bit.. And then today my LHS received their shipment.

I buy it. I bring it home. Charge the lipos, take it into my backyard with nice plush grass and zero wind. Set up the tx, and then spool her up. Jee, this thing really spins those blades. A bit intimidated. Hover it around for a pack.

Then I say eff it. Lets see what the sim taught me. Throw it into some fast forward flight. I can't believe it, I'm flying a CP heli in FFF. Wow, I just did a loop. Now I'm hovering, upside down.

Now, it didn't go quite as buttery smooth as that. I flew it into the grass multiple times. I hit throttle hold, and it came out without a scratch.

I'm in love!!

It's like a real life simulator. Simply amazing. I finally feel like I am making some progress in heli's. Before, holding me back was the fear of breaking things. Now I don't care, because this thing doesn't break easily.

Huge, huge, huge props to blade, horizon, and whoever made this possible. You have a real winner.
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Last edited by quadracer111; Sep 28, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
395 Posts
And the best part is if you can hover the Nano inverted you can hover a 500 (or 700!) inverted!

I figured this out when I got my mCPX a year ago. Like you said, its a perfect transition tool between the sim and a big heli that's going to break in a crash.
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang347 View Post
And the best part is if you can hover the Nano inverted you can hover a 500 (or 700!) inverted!

I figured this out when I got my mCPX a year ago. Like you said, its a perfect transition tool between the sim and a big heli that's going to break in a crash.
That's what I hear, only the bigger rigs have the nice belt tails, and more stable in general. Flew some more packs through her tonight and went from hitting the grass twice a pack to not hitting the grass, several packs in a row. Flips, rolls, inverted hovering. <3

Need some more batteries, my cheap turnigys are not cutting it.

Also going to have to spend some coin on a 450/500, confidence went up x100. Turns out I can fly a CP
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:23 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,234 Posts
Understand your enthusiasm, glad to hear you like the Nano so much. And though strictly seen this is a review, although it lacks background data like flight times, pics, etc, to make it look more like a review, which makes me wonder why it needs a seperate thread, and couldn't just have been posted in the main Nano CPx thread? Unless there is an unwritten rule that every Blade heli needs multiple parallel running topics.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Is getting old...
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Understand your enthusiasm, glad to hear you like the Nano so much. And though strictly seen this is a review, although it lacks background data like flight times, pics, etc, to make it look more like a review, which makes me wonder why it needs a seperate thread, and couldn't just have been posted in the main Nano CPx thread? Unless there is an unwritten rule that every Blade heli needs multiple parallel running topics.
Meh, everyone already knows what it looks and flys like, not going to bore anyone with that stuff. I guess this is more of a success story/my thoughts.

And yeah, it could have gone in the ncpx thread, I was just too excited to think :-) edited topic title to reflect this isn't an actual "review".
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,234 Posts
No prob, these things happen when you are having a great time. New title looks better indeed. Although "having fun with my Nano CPx" might be even better.

Anyway, have fun flying!
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
395 Posts
The mcpx gave me the confidence to flip, roll then hover inverted with my TRex 500 EFL Pro. Did not have much fear as I knew I could do it with the little bird, its even easier when they are bigger. Bigger flies better fo sho.
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:21 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Ha mines a similar story, I think my first was a mosquito.. or a picco Z... then a honeybee cp2 nightmare. I thought it was broken but it turned out I had no skills.. I thought it was impossible to fly a heli.. then backed up and got a lama.. then lots of sim time.. then a walkera 4#3, then a 4#3B, then a #52, then a belt CP, then an mSR, then a trex250, then an mcpx, then a 130x, then a nano cp x! memories...
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:28 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
382 Posts
i have a esky hbk4. will the nanobe a good trainer?
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23