Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:28 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Threads like this is why vendors don't participate on forums,, Loose loose no matter what the truth is.
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
281 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
I agree with you Scale. Being a hobby vendor is very difficult. The profit margins are very small and people are way too quick to pull the trigger on the forums. As a whole I applaud what few hobby vendors we have. IMO what makes a vendor stand above the rest and allows him to stand the test of time is customer service. That being said, I have ordered for this particular vendor once because he had the prop and the servos I wanted. I have also decided not to do business with him again basically for the same reasons spelled out here. Lack of communication. It took me over 2 weeks to receive my order on items his web page did not indicate were out of stock. When I contacted him to check order status, I was told the servos were out of stock, he was out of town and the icing on the cake was hes comment " It is what it is ". Either he will get his act together or he will be gone. Good press moves quick, bad press moves at warp speed.
exf3bguy is offline Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
Mach 1
walterboro s.c.u.s.a
Joined Jun 2004
753 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
When purchasing a new pc of any kind a paragragh that goes something like this should be placed on the front page of the owners manual in big bold letters.

Caution! When you connect to the internet be aware that there are loonies of all shapes sizes and nationalities that are waiting for you with baited breath.Just be aware, you are in the jungle now baby!

I have tried to stick to this.If the buyer or seller loses no money of any kind then all is ok with me.
I know that is not right, but as Walter used to say ,And that's the way it is. Sat. Sept.29 2012
pathfinder is online now Find More Posts by pathfinder
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pathfinder; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:29 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
it's a guilty pleasure, like Hostess Cupcakes or Fiddle Faddle.
OKa-a-a-ay....but then you ain't complaining about the thread.
What's his excuse?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:53 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,335 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
Threads like this is why vendors don't participate on forums,, Loose loose no matter what the truth is.
But vendors do participate on forums, and many of them do so successfully.

Its what the world is today, forum support from vendors is a somewhat expected type thing.

Thread really needs nuked though, as it has gone way past its usefulness, as if it had any to begin with. Both sides argued like children and neither told the full story.
So ya, of course this vendor is a lose lose no matter what, cause he couldnt keep civil and explain his side fully. Instead, fired back with much the same that he OP started the thread with, and without the full story up front, no one is going to believe it now anyways.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
be it a vendor or private seller/buyer, this is almost exactly how all of these kinds of threads end up. Lose/lose.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:57 AM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
416 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
The moral of this story is COMMUNICATE...buyer....seller....both. I truly believe though that in this particular situation the seller knew he should communicate....in the same manner he did before he received the check. He chose not to because he had another buyer who offered a higher price. Just my read out of this situation. I hope Alkaline is able to let us know when and if he receives the check back what the date of the post mark is.....that is if he doesn't get banned for too many points.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:27 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,859 Posts
Yeah. Like yer s'posed to go to Mom & say "I'm the one who stole the pie & ate the whole thing", over the strategy of not saying anything & hoping she just won't notice it's missing.
How's that workin' for ya?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Yeah. Like yer s'posed to go to Mom & say "I'm the one who stole the pie & ate the whole thing", over the strategy of not saying anything & hoping she just won't notice it's missing.
denying you at the chocolate cake when there's cake all over the face you mean?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:48 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
4,859 Posts
No, that's a preface to a debate.
What I'm expressin' is that communication (as called for in the previous pleading) isn't exactly the culprit here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Porcia, you're all over the feedback fora trying to bring negative attention to the OP about this. Don't you have anything better to do other than camping in traders talk and reporting people with genuine complaints? (sure the method employed and the wording isn't great but the complaint is valid. The seller took the OP for a ride, that is certain.)

I don't know, like... Go fly a model or something and get off the computer for a minute...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,950 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Quote:
Sooooo.....you're one of those who can't figure out how to not click a link, eh?
I never could figure that out.

Not at all, just want to see how the buyer and seller end up doing with this one. Both seem to have made mistakes but I do think the seller may have made the larger. So I'm watching with fingers crossed hoping it will turn out good for both parties. Yet I have to swim through an ocean on muck to see if there was any real on topic discussion.

Please guys, take it to a new thread if you want to throw sand at each other in the sand box so some of us can honestly try to help fellow RCG members.

Ok, back on topic:

OP did you get a check back? Seller can you answer the one question that has been asked about 20 times now? Did you sell it after you agreed to the deal with the OP? This really has impact on your credibility and probably future sales. If you did, then say so now and take the lumps so it will pass is my advice.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:56 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
416 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Quote:
No.. something more like "I received your Capital One Check and it appears to look suspicious. Please contact me so we can resolve this, otherwise I will have to offer the item to the next interested party and return your payment"

That is Communication!
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:42 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
960 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
...I've been watching this drama, buyer is understandably upset, thanks for the warning. OP just needs to be less emotional. The seller deserves to go out of business.

Karma goes both ways!

-end thread
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 7.... 3 Monitors! :)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Porcia, you're all over the feedback fora trying to bring negative attention to the OP about this. Don't you have anything better to do other than camping in traders talk and reporting people with genuine complaints? (sure the method employed and the wording isn't great but the complaint is valid. The seller took the OP for a ride, that is certain.)

I don't know, like... Go fly a model or something and get off the computer for a minute...

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to hear from you again, it's been a while.

There's no need to try to attack when you want to share your opinion. If anything your point, if any, is diminished by that sort of behavior.

I can't prescribe to your premise, which is basically the ends justify the means. How many times have you seen threads like this start and people complain about rules being broken, but then go ahead and break the rules and try to justify it. You have to see the irony in that kind of position right?

I'm all for hearing about possible crooks, scammers, and thieves. Vendor talk is a great place for that. But yes, I think there were rules broken with this thread, as did others, and suggested the rhetoric get dialed back a tad. Like your gratuitous attempt to tell me what to do ie fly, the OP here started with name calling which wasn't needed, and then left feedback, which is against policy here.

Could the same message have been sent without the names, and just the facts laid out. I think so. I know you've seen the other threads like this, since you comment in them as well. So you should know that many of these situations don't lead to a scammer, a thief etc. It boils down to bad communications most times. In this instance, the seller has also proven to be someone many folks don't want to do business with.

And for the record, I did get in about 3 hours at the field today, it was great. Thanks for the suggestion.