HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Darrell Upland,CA
Joined Dec 2011
2,422 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
lmfao...thats good stuff maynard!! never saw that!!
smokeout42o is offline Find More Posts by smokeout42o
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:06 PM
DIY this!!!!!
United States, CA, Kingsburg
Joined Dec 2009
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I love paypal
Zenonic is offline Find More Posts by Zenonic
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
something I don't understand is op says the bank debited his account and the seller says he never deposited or cashed the check.When did the op mail the check? ad is dated 8-14
was check sent by capital one on the 19th when they debited his account by using bill pay?that is 5 days after saying check was sent.Just saying the delay from capital one could be the problem .the old line check is in the mail when it doesn;t arrive in a timely manor.
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:40 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,435 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
something I don't understand is op says the bank debited his account and the seller says he never deposited or cashed the check.When did the op mail the check? ad is dated 8-14
was check sent by capital one on the 19th when they debited his account by using bill pay?that is 5 days after saying check was sent.Just saying the delay from capital one could be the problem .the old line check is in the mail when it doesn;t arrive in a timely manor.
If he used a cashiers check from his bank that would come directly from his account but be on the banks own check.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, NC, Faison
Joined Jan 2011
687 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
Mean while back at the ranch Thank's for getting this thread back on track!

You make a very valid point abount the debited from the account. Had he wrote out a check and sent it, it would only be debited when it was cashed. My bank WellsFargo, debits my account at midnight on the same day that I fill out the info and the amount. Then they print it off and mail it to the address provided. I never write checks anymore.

SPECIAL THANKS TO BILL GATES AND HIS STAFF FOR MAKING ME AND THE REST OF THE WORLD LAZY!!!! On line bill pay is the BOMB!

Now the first time I sent an electronic check to a local buisnes inwhich I have a loan. They called me and asked if the check was valid and I had to go down there and look at it. They do look sorta funny. The lesson here is THEY CALLED ME!

So if he did it that way then I can see the why the check was questioned. But I also think that the Mike had an obligation to atleast contact the buyer before he jumed to conclusions. Like maybe a phone call and an agreement not to ship untill said check cleared the bank. Then the whole thing could of and probaly would have been avoided.

Me personaly will not send cash, check or money order for anything! I got scammed out of 650.00 and some of you may recall the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483113

Nope PP or COD for me.
rjstrickjr is offline Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:01 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenonic View Post
I love paypal
it's really the best thing to use for both parties, more for the buyer of course, but great for both parties.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
ARRRGGGGHHHH please close this thread OP .. my head hurts
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
Buttchin
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
crazyness.... Buyer purchased engine, seller received larger offer while waiting for check, Seller sold engine to highest bidder, original buyer is mad. I got all this frome the first page of posts. So the other 6 pages are not needed. Grow up. This is supposed to be fun.
franke21m is offline Find More Posts by franke21m
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
Darrell Upland,CA
Joined Dec 2011
2,422 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke21m View Post
crazyness.... Buyer purchased engine, seller received larger offer while waiting for check, Seller sold engine to highest bidder, original buyer is mad. I got all this frome the first page of posts. So the other 6 pages are not needed. Grow up. This is supposed to be fun.
Thanks for breaking it down for us!! Now I get it!!

Grow up!!...We play with big boy toys!! Still toy's thou!! This is a place to talk via rant rave cry kick or scream about R/C!! Looks to me like thats going on!!

Sry your not having fun yet!! Please log on and let us know when you start!!

Just Funning with ya!!
smokeout42o is offline Find More Posts by smokeout42o
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:02 PM
Buttchin
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeout42o View Post
Thanks for breaking it down for us!! Now I get it!!

Grow up!!...We play with big boy toys!! Still toy's thou!! This is a place to talk via rant rave cry kick or scream about R/C!! Looks to me like thats going on!!

Sry your not having fun yet!! Please log on and let us know when you start!!

Just Funning with ya!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHStarting now, I will admit the Holiday inn express was pretty fricken funny.
franke21m is offline Find More Posts by franke21m
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,731 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
there are probably 2 or 3 people I've deal with on this site I'd send cash to, and never met them, but that is just me. And a gamble of course. Love to be able to pick stuff up in person though, rare as it is.
+1. Whatcha got for sale anyway?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Everything is for sale...for the right price! Cash is king!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,397 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
ARRRGGGGHHHH please close this thread OP .. my head hurts
Sooooo.....you're one of those who can't figure out how to not click a link, eh?
I never could figure that out.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
admit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Sooooo.....you're one of those who can't figure out how to not click a link, eh?
I never could figure that out.
it's a guilty pleasure, like Hostess Cupcakes or Fiddle Faddle.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
425 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
I think the OP had one of those checks where you cut the check from your credit card or account and then pretty much the funds are earmarked for the intended receiver. Hence the comments about the funds debited from his account. So based on that, the buyer (or in this case intended buyer) is out those funds until his check is returned and/or a stop payment issued. The seller has ignored the only question here that counts.....When did you sell the item to another buyer....before or after you received the OP's check? I think the answer is obvious and his comments here have pretty much sealed his fate!
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector