Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:44 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,567 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalV View Post
I don't know what was funnier, the advertisement in the link or the video itself.
My duty, & I did it.
Kind'a like.....?

Y'know?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
+1 I was thinking the same thing. He also started a topic about this thread in another section of the site and I'm pretty sure he pushed the squeal button on a bunch of posts, too. Sigh

Chris
Chris,
Just when I thought we were getting along. I don't believe it takes a rocket scientist to figure out I did in fact report the first comment from the OP, as others had done as well I'm sure. I don't normally, but I will when I see blatant violations like this. The reason was laid out pretty clear. It was about name calling and accusations. In case you forget, the OP called the seller a scammer and a liar, none of which it turned out he was. He was told by others to redact his comments and he didn't. As I said initially, and predicted to almost 100% certainty, niether party came off looking that good (as evidenced by the comments in the thread). I might have even mentioned people getting points (I even got some, that's how it goes). Any idea who pushed those buttons? Doesn't really matter since the mods ultimately decide. I know it feels like the right thing to jump on the name calling bandwagon, and watch someone get thrashed, but even someone like you has to know it's wrong.

I do appeciate your continued admiration, as well as a new guy I guess who figured out how to use the "how many times this person posted in the thread". Now if the fellow could just figure out why I was confused about why the thread was till open. (don't tell him, but I figured since the OP was done commenting, and said he forgave and forgot, I dunno, maybe it was time to close it up). Meh, guess I was wrong. Feel free to go back through my posts to see that this is a pretty standard position I've taken. That you or others are annoyed by it, whaddyagonna do?

So I guess we'll keep posting right, I'm at 41 now.

Talk to you soon I suppose.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:28 PM
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2007
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
I think all you guys who spend a lot of time in this thread ought to be out flying. So much pissin and moanin here and after a couple posts it all becomes redundant. I would support a change to the Trader Talk forum rules that only allows 2 posts per member for a thread. You could go back and edit your two posts all you want, but you only get two, so make them good. All the chest thumping is getting pretty silly.
WesternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by WesternFlyer
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,288 Posts
Trader Rating: 391
Interesting and valid suggestion you offer WesternFlyer.
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternFlyer View Post
I think all you guys who spend a lot of time in this thread ought to be out flying. So much pissin and moanin here and after a couple posts it all becomes redundant. I would support a change to the Trader Talk forum rules that only allows 2 posts per member for a thread. You could go back and edit your two posts all you want, but you only get two, so make them good. All the chest thumping is getting pretty silly.
An interesting concept for sure, but not really practical (and think of the hits on each link, this one has over 5,000 views). Like others that have made similar comments, it's presumptuous and snarky to suggest people who post here or elsewhere don't go out and fly, of fly enough.

How about a change to Trader Talk where people aren't allowed to libel others about transactions? Or perhaps they are required to run threads like this by mods before they hit the "submit reply" button. Or how about people not being able to post about a transaction that was never finalized ie: "i thought I bought it but he sold it so someone else".

There have been previous discussions about limiting someones access to Trader Talk until they have a certain amount of posts, or feedback ratings. I believe those suggestions are on the "list" to consider.

There are some that have what they feel are helpful posts and suggest what they feel might be the best way to resolve something. others come in and snark on comments, stalk people, talk about needing to fly, or how many times someones posted, etc etc. Completely off topic, usually attempting to " prompt an emotional response out of others", and not helpful in any way. and of course there's the "hang em high" faction, and those that ask for as much information as possible so they can try to help, which is often times what the OP is asking for. Once in a great while common sense prevails and the issues are resolved. Those threads are worth slogging through 10 of the others that usually end up like threads in LTUP.

I can't disagree that everyone should fly more, that's for sure.

Post your suggestion in SSC, you never know, it might be given consideration.

(42)
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)