HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Alert
ibcyouinrc.com is very bad person to deal with (mod you ok with this title?)

MODS: If you have any issue with this POST copy the DIRECT line you have a problem with or edit it yourself I'm getting tired of accumulating points for the same post.

Please save yourself the hassle and trouble and avoid dealing with this guy:

He posted this add:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1711695

Looked good, but I offered him 1,000 shipped, since he didn't take paypal I would send check, MY PM to him:

Quote:
I offer you $1,000 shipped for you engine, I can pay with money order / check

Thanks
Response:
Quote:
Okay, you have a deal! $1000 shipped.

Hopefully your located in the US? Ship cost would be more internationally. FYI

Please let me know when you send check or m.o. so I can be on the look out for it.

M*** W*****
(SNIP)....
(Address details)

Thank You
My Response:
Quote:
Cool,

Sending the money today I"ll provide you with the tracking no.
Quote:
payment sent:

M*** W********
Confirmation #: F0*********

Capital One Bill Pay.

Here is my address:.................

I just wanted to confirm this is for the engine and the ring as stated in your add correct?
Response
Quote:
Yes that is correct engine and collector exhaust ring.
Date at time of sending the check: September 14th 2012

At this point everything is looking good scored a good engine at a great price

well... NO!

Today is the 27th, still no engine, something is going on because according to my bank they debited my account on the 19th.

Ok so I decided to call to see the status, when I call, this guy... man he has some stories:

me:
Quote:
Hey I bought that evolution engine from you, wanted to see the status.
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"umm ya... ya... I aa...aa.. I sent you a letter, ya that's right, I sent you a letter explaining so just read that ok"
me:
Quote:
"What do you mean? What happened"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"Well you see, umm, ya I aa sold it, ya that's right I sold, its not available, I had it on 3 sites and I sold it"
me:
Quote:
"what! what the hell, we had a deal I paid you and why didn't you tell me! or message me on rcgroups"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"Ya i should have, that's good advise... ya ummm but I sent you a letter.."
me:
Quote:
"The hell with your letter, you took my check and you agreed to sell it we had a deal! And if you didn't want to sell you should have told me!"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"your check, it looked funny, I have been scammed before so ya I sent you a letter explaining"
me:
Quote:
"What the heck are you talking about? it was a Capital One Bank check, it had a transaction number and there own phone number you could have called and verified it in 2 minutes!"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"Well I just got scammed by somone else"
me:
Quote:
"What the hell does that have to do with me (OHH so now everyone is guilty because someone else screwed him"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"Look I'm sending you back the check, actually I sent it back the other day"
me:
Quote:
"This is total crap, you make a deal and you reneged and didn't even bother contacting me, you had my address, my rcu info all you had to do was contact me regarding any issue you may have had, instead you pull this nonsense"

Something else is going on and I'll make sure everyone is aware of your shenanigans"
ibcinyourc.com:
Quote:
"I have no shenanigans... I SENT YOU A LETTER"
me: "Click"

I'm still pissed I better be getting my check back ibcinyourc.com you should have overnighted it. I'll make sure to find your adds every where and let everyone know what kind a person you are.
Alkaline is online now Find More Posts by Alkaline
Last edited by Alkaline; Oct 01, 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: censored contact and address details
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
I understand your aggravation but the name-calling and personal attacks on a member will result in penalties here. I strongly recommend editing your post.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
I'm going to stick to what I posted if the mods have issue I'll amend as needed, bottom line don't do business with this guy.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Definitely understand the anger, looks like he still has several other items up for sale at the moment.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Gone off the deep end! JEEZZZZ

removed
ibcinyourc.com is offline Find More Posts by ibcinyourc.com
Last edited by ibcinyourc.com; Sep 30, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Removed
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
I simply returned your check because it looked fishey! Wow you act like I robbed you a gun point. NOW shut the heck up!
Do you think he doesn't have a reason to be mad? Did you agree to sell it to someone else before or after you received his check?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
I have never had such anger directed at me when I returned this guys money!
Yes I or anyone else would be suspicious of a $1000 check which was supposed to be a money order!
I could understand if I stole it from him, or sold him bogus merchandise! NONE of this transpired
I returned his money and he goes on this out for blood name calling rampage.. GEEEEZZZZZ
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
what do you mean FISHY? DID YOU CALL CAPITAL ONE? Did you contact me, did you go to your bank and say does it look like a real check?

NO, why should anyone buy from you? They have no idea of they are going to get the item or not!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
United States, NC, Faison
Joined Jan 2011
687 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
All I can say is that I have bought from Mike before and will buy from him again. He always shipped in a timely mannor and goods arrived undamaged.

As for the other fella... Sorry for your trouble. Perhaps you should have used a USPS money order or a credit card.

I hope you two work it out and good luck to all.
rjstrickjr is online now Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc.com View Post
I have never had such anger directed at me when I returned this guys money!
Yes I or anyone else would be suspicious of a $1000 check which was supposed to be a money order!
I could understand if I stole it from him, or sold him bogus merchandise! NONE of this transpired
I returned his money and he goes on this out for blood name calling rampage.. GEEEEZZZZZ
Why are you skirting the question of whether or not you agreed to sell to someone else before or after you received his check?

Based on the first post it looked like he said he would pay with either a M.O. or check. Seeing capital one bill pay in a correspondence I would assume a check directly from capital one.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
ibcinyourc.com

Look if you had deposited it my check and it turned out to be a phony THEN YOU ARE CORRECT and are right in every regard. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPEN.

You decided to play expert and a know it all automatically assuming something is up. All the while not even to bother contacing me.

YOU RUN A STORE, you should know better, ever heard of customer service? Contacting the customer isn't that hard!

BUT LETS not forget, you already sold the engine didn't you? So which one is it? Did you sell the engine before you got my check or did you sell the engine after you got my check? Because I still don't understand which one is it is. Or May be it was simultaneously!

Who did you sell it to? Which site? I didn't see your add on RCU or FG, just here so who was the lucky winner??

BUT your letter apparently explains it all (that I have yet to receive)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2005
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstrickjr View Post
All I can say is that I have bought from Mike before and will buy from him again. He always shipped in a timely mannor and goods arrived undamaged.

As for the other fella... Sorry for your trouble. Perhaps you should have used a USPS money order or a credit card.

I hope you two work it out and good luck to all.
If he would have wanted a credit card, would have been more than happy, but I told him I could send check he said that will be fine look at his PMs I quoted them word for word
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Did you dispute the debit with Capital One? I don't see how he is going to return your check if he already cashed it.....Remember...... if it looks too good to be true, it probably is! I hope you get your money back. HE should be keeping better track of his sales if he is going to list an item on multiple sites! POOR business practice on his part.!
ww2collector is online now Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
Do you think he doesn't have a reason to be mad? Did you agree to sell it to someone else before or after you received his check?
I sell r/c product for a living I take this very seriously! If something looks questionable I have the total right as a merchant to walk away from the deal.