And turnigy 3200 mah 3s battery.
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Did you program your esc's I know I'm asking a lot of ? But I'm just trying to help
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
The walkera mx 400 esc's are different than turnigy you need to make sure that the timing is set to high
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:34 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
No i only calibrated the escs one by one with my reciever, i didnt get the program card yet so havent programmed them, should i get the program card and get the timing set on high? what about punch.
No its good youre asking questions so maybe we can get this quad flying right, did you see the videos?
edit: i just ordered the program card so i can program those escs right.
Last edited by vartaz; Oct 07, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:44 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I think the problem is the esc's the timing should be set to high and I did see the video that is why I think the timing is off on the esc's
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
I have ordered the program card and will try programming the escs for high timing an see what happens. thank you.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
I have used the program card to program the escs to high start punch and high timing - and it flies alot better! Thank you. I have another question yesterday the motor cans (walkera mx400 motors are with loose cans you can pull them off) on two motors came of during flight causing crash from high altitude, but fortunately it was on a grass field so no damage at all! i was able to find the motor cans again. But i want new motors which one piece so that they dont go apart in the air.
Thinking about some NTM motors from hobbyking but i need some suggestions for new motors and props.
Specs of quad
kk2.0 board, plush 30a esc, 3 - 4s batterys 3500mah, sk450 frame.
Someone have an idea of what motors and props i should order? thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
And the new motors + props should have similar or a little more power then the walkera mx400 stock motor + prop config. It flies well, but i would like a little more climb rate. Thank in advance for your help :-)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:45 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Where are you from and you need to put the esc's to low at start
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:21 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
I'd put all the P.I settings on the KK2 to default And see how it flies, it should fly ok with default settings, you can always note the ones you have now to go back to, also it seems your sticks are maybe to sensitive if you haven't flown before, you could look at adding some expo on your Tx and change your Dual Rates, and one more thing turn off the LEDs, just to try it?.
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Maarkedal
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
I think also you need more EXPO on your sticks mine are Rud: -35%, Ail: -35%, Ele: -35% and its les agressive.
I have a Futaba radio i think on different brands the EXPO is +.
You can see mine in this movie:
X-Copter-003 Outdoor Practice Pays Off (3 min 39 sec)

Its also a KK2 LCD board flasht with Kaptein Kuk Firmware and fly's on stock settings verry nice.
MrKim is offline Find More Posts by MrKim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
Anyone can help with the new motor issue? today one motor (walkera stock) came apart in 200m altitude and the quad came crashing down, and took severe damage. FC board down, motor mount down, 1 motor down, and two propellers.
So i want to buy new motors and props that fit my needs, the quad is ca 1,6 KG heavy and im using 3-4s what motors will suit my quad? please help as i need to order parts asap because of this crash, and want motors that are in one piece that cant be seperated by moving air....
Thanks for imputs but i cant try anything before i get new motors and fc. My Tx and Rx is Devo8s.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
btw i was using these settings on FC and it flew OK
Roll =
Pgain 66
Plimit = 70
Igain = 32
Ilimit = 20
Yaw
Pgain 89
Plimit 20
Igain 40
Ilimit 10

stick scaling
Roll 20
pitch 20
yaw 30
Thro 100

But the issue for now is the selection of motors and props
Sk450frame
kk2.0
Plush 30a
3300 3 - 4 s batterys
flight weight 1.6kg
Someone can guide me the right way, i will order from hobbyking as i need FC also.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
253 Posts
i took a desicion and ordered the NTM prop drive series 28 26a 1200kw 250w (5pcs to be safe), and 8x4 9x5 and 10x6, 10x4,5 propellers, and new spare parts ( complete new frame and new FC kk 2.0.
Then will rebuild my quad, and try the things you guys advised me. Will try stock settings on Gyro. anyone know how to change the expo on devo8s? im not totally secure what "expo" means.
Old Feb 07, 2014, 10:39 AM
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined Oct 2012
22 Posts
Hello All,

I recently assembled a Flamewheel 450 and it flies well with one major exception. I cannot land the quad without breaking an arm or a prop. When I lower the throttle to descend it’s as if the 4th motor shuts off completely instead of in synch with the other three, thus causing a crash, EVERYTIME! I’ve calibrated the ESC’s. The props are balanced. The CW and CCW motors/props are operating in the correct orientation. All channels are operating properly. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it or can you point me in the right direction? I’ve read on various newsgroups that it could be my settings but all the information varies. I’ve also read that it could be a “lazy 4th motor”. I tried flashing the KK board with 4.7X but it didn’t work. I believe that firmware was for the KK 2.0 only. I’ve been flying multi-rotors LOS and FPV for over a year however I’ve only used the NAZA FC. This 450 houses a KK 2.1. The specs on my quad are below. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I’m starting to run out of spare parts. Thanks in advance.

Platform: DJI 450
FC: KK 2.1
Firmware: Stevies 1.2S Beginner (All default settings)
Motors: DJI 30A
ESC: Turnigy Plush 30A
Props: Stock DJI 10x4.5
martin.bakari5 is online now Find More Posts by martin.bakari5