Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by cwg25, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Discussion
The little test before the big test

I'm still waiting on my battery charger, which probably won't be here for another week, but I was able to fly for the first time a little bit today.

My battery had about a half charge left in it after Tony tested everything. After a couple small hiccups, I was able to get the quad off the ground.

I only used GPS mode. Hovering was cool. The controls were very responsive. This is literally my first time using a remote control device that isn't a $20 deal you can get at Walmart.

I played around with the yaw a bit, turning while in place, left and right. But it's a little hard to stay level as you're also moving the throttle stick slightly when yawing.

I guess that's just something one needs to get used to.

Still a lot of learning to do, but I'm well on my way.

Here's a short video I took. I wanted to concentrate on flying it than filming it.

First Flight: DJI F450 Flame Wheel (0 min 16 sec)
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
to remove ads between posts