Deffinitely a plus 1 from me
NYbySky is offline Find More Posts by NYbySky
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,274 Posts
Would definitely help clean up the free items section and make it easier for the generous and the greedy
Yes
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Yes! +1
knifeedge63 is online now Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisdale View Post
sound good
like dave say
yupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppp

tisdale
Beat me to it... I was gonna say that!

YUUUUUUP!!!!!!!
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Australia, VIC, Craigieburn
Joined Jul 2012
222 Posts
yes from me. there does need to be a place for requests.
ritchie_laird is offline Find More Posts by ritchie_laird
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:05 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,064 Posts
I'll go ya one better - and I'll scratch your 'Yes' if you'll scratch mine!

I'd like to see a new division too, on Airplanes. Simply, group together all 'LPU' ads.
There are lots of 'em, many not disclosed until you've opened the ad - a waste of time if you aren't local to the seller so I'd rather not even look at 'em or have to cull thru them in the index when they DO bother to show it.

Another element that's somewhat aggravating is the length of time several LPU's stay on the listings because no one local wants the item. I get tired of seeing them time after time, plus they take up space that could show others I might 1) be interested in, & 2) have a shot at.

So, mods & site managers - PLEASE let's break out LPU Plane sales into their own category!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
I'll go ya one better - and I'll scratch your 'Yes' if you'll scratch mine!

I'd like to see a new division too, on Airplanes. Simply, group together all 'LPU' ads.
There are lots of 'em, many not disclosed until you've opened the ad - a waste of time if you aren't local to the seller so I'd rather not even look at 'em or have to cull thru them in the index when they DO bother to show it.

Another element that's somewhat aggravating is the length of time several LPU's stay on the listings because no one local wants the item. I get tired of seeing them time after time, plus they take up space that could show others I might 1) be interested in, & 2) have a shot at.

So, mods & site managers - PLEASE let's break out LPU Plane sales into their own category!
I've always thought it would be a good idea to make an LPO sub-forum in both airplane FS/W forums. Yes, LPU ads are posted in other forums as well, but I think the planes forum is the main one in need. If there was an LPO sub-forum within, it would be easy to click that and scroll through all the ads quickly without having to sort through which are LPU and which aren't.

27 yes...we need 23 more! Tell your friends.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Garret H; Sep 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
As said, this does not fit as a sub forum in the free section, Trades are not always free and often have $ with them.
It won't be in the free section....the section will be retitled free items / trade section. Within, there will be two sub-forums -- you simply click on which one applies to your posting. If you want to give the item away with nothing in return, you click the free items forum just the same as you do know. If you want to trade the item for something of similar value, you click the trade items forum.

Quote:
Trades are trades so need a new forum.
Like I said, after we get enough votes, we'll create a poll and see which way people want it: in its own forum or as a sub-forum. I'm fine with it either way.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
It won't be in the free section....the section will be retitled free items / trade section. Within, there will be two sub-forums -- you simply click on which one applies to your posting. If you want to give the item away with nothing in return, you click the free items forum just the same as you do know. If you want to trade the item for something of similar value, you click the trade items forum.

Like I said, after we get enough votes, we'll create a poll and see which way people want it: in its own forum or as a sub-forum. I'm fine with it either way.

Garret
I guess I'll just drop out of this one. I can't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel, do double work, and create a more complex system. Yea it is only one more click .. so what right? What I do is scan all the trade forums looking the date/time of last post. If I see something new I then will open that forum. Subforums are hidden from that level so to be honest I won't open it that often.

I don't know, I just don't understand why we want to re-invent the wheel. This is more complicated that what Mark suggested and you are starting from scratch. You are going to get 50 "yes" posts then put up a vote to where it should go. Of course now you will have to do this whole darn thing over again for that one given RCG rules are specific about how this work. This thread is for one specific suggestion, a sub forum.

Why not just direct eveyone in this thread to post in Mark's thread and be done with it. Combining the Yes responses and you have the 50 right now. I don't know, I just don't get why we do things the hard way and make it more complicated in the process.

Oh well, what ever the mass wants is good with me cheers all. BTW, still love the duck avatar
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:14 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,922 Posts
Quote:
I guess I'll just drop out of this one. I can't understand why we are trying to re-invent the wheel, do double work, and create a more complex system. Yea it is only one more click .. so what right? What I do is scan all the trade forums looking the date/time of last post. If I see something new I then will open that forum. Subforums are hidden from that level so to be honest I won't open it that often.

I don't know, I just don't understand why we want to re-invent the wheel. This is more complicated that what Mark suggested and you are starting from scratch. You are going to get 50 "yes" posts then put up a vote to where it should go. Of course now you will have to do this whole darn thing over again for that one given RCG rules are specific about how this work. This thread is for one specific suggestion, a sub forum.

Why not just direct eveyone in this thread to post in Mark's thread and be done with it. Combining the Yes responses and you have the 50 right now. I don't know, I just don't get why we do things the hard way and make it more complicated in the process.

Oh well, what ever the mass wants is good with me cheers all.
How's this? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post22858789

Quote:
BTW, still love the duck avatar
Thanks.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater
Joined Feb 2012
198 Posts
sounds good.
vinnieg is offline Find More Posts by vinnieg
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:32 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,105 Posts
I vote yes as before for a trader forum setup as just that and not sub forum ... I guess my vote has already been counted in other thread though. Still, we are over 50 now so this should go to a vote. We need to contact the site now I think.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:53 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,922 Posts
Quote:
I vote yes as before for a trader forum setup as just that and not sub forum ... I guess my vote has already been counted in other thread though. Still, we are over 50 now so this should go to a vote. We need to contact the site now I think.
Already did: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post22858789
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Yes
REDBEASTFOOL is offline Find More Posts by REDBEASTFOOL
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston