73 Posts
yes. trades are good!
ddrummer508 is online now Find More Posts by ddrummer508
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,022 Posts
I'll trade my "yes" for one of your "yes"s. I feel that is a fair trade and since I have a lower trade rating I will send my "yes" with tracking first.

Marc
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
I'll trade my "yes" for one of your "yes"s. I feel that is a fair trade and since I have a lower trade rating I will send my "yes" with tracking first.

Marc
I see what you did there.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,989 Posts
I vote a huge NO

I'm just not for making sub forums. I like it simple and easy. There are too many forums already. By the way, trade forums have been suggested and failed before .

I vote for KISS, not subforums. Please please please dont' suggest or allow subforums. Lets keep it simple. If folks want a trade forum, it should be a new forum, nto sub forum.
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Last edited by johnbyrne; Sep 27, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
59 Posts
Absolutely yes!!!
StingRayRC is offline Find More Posts by StingRayRC
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
si senor
JKlugman14 is offline Find More Posts by JKlugman14
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:14 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
I vote a huge NO

I'm just not for making sub forums. I like it simple and easy. There are too many forums already. By the way, trade forums have been suggested and failed before .

I vote for KISS, not subforums. Please please please dont' suggest or allow subforums. Lets keep it simple. If folks want a trade forum, it should be a new forum, nto sub forum.
Hi, John -- I understand what you're saying. However, I think this would be a good resource for those people who have something that isn't worth enough to bother listing it for sale, but would like to get something of equal value in return that they could use. Also, it wouldn't be a sub-forum inside the free items section -- it would be a "split" forum. The title would say "free items / trade items" -- inside, there would be two options: a forum for people to give away stuff OR a forum for people to trade stuff. It really isn't that complicated...just an extra button, and I think it would help cut down on some of the strife.

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,989 Posts
I just dont' agree with the split forum and never will. That is just complicating it way too much. Again KISS.

New forum for trades only. What is wrong with that?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
New forum for trades only. What is wrong with that?
I'd be fine with that too. I just thought including it with the free items would "group" it better so that it was used more for items people would normally be giving away rather than for every type of item. Not sure if that makes sense.

If we get enough yes votes, we can put it to a poll and let everyone decide how they'd rather have it organized.

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,989 Posts
And again let's not forget that this has been discussed before

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=trade

and here

and here

and of course here less than a year ago with all the work already done for you by no other than Mark Wood

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=trade&page=4

As said, this does not fit as a sub forum in the free section, Trades are not always free and often have $ with them. Trades are trades so need a new forum. Mark has already done the work. Find out why it was never put into action is my suggestion. He already has the names to get a formal vote but one never took place as best I can tell. I suspect all one has to do is point this out to the mods and a vote would take place. I'd vote yes to Mark's but not to the subforum (sorry, no offense, just really not a fit and simplier this way .. I like simple )
Last edited by johnbyrne; Sep 27, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
I'd be fine with that too. I just thought including it with the free items would "group" it better so that it was used more for items people would normally be giving away rather than for every type of item. Not sure if that makes sense.

If we get enough yes votes, we can put it to a poll and let everyone decide how they'd rather have it organized.

Garret

lol we posted at the same time. Anway, no need to continue this thread what so ever. The work has already been done by Mark. All we need to do is get this thread moved to a formal vote and there we go . No need to re-invent the wheel.

Update:

ahhh I get it. Mark failed to get the 50 people needed to force the vote. All you gotta do is get everyone in this thread who didn't vote in Marks thread to go vote in Mark's thread. He only needs a dozen or so more and there we go. I'd think it would be pretty straight forward at that point So my statement about the work being done wasn't totally right lol but most of it is done
Last edited by johnbyrne; Sep 27, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Westernport, Md.
Joined May 2010
54 Posts
Trades

Yes
dpw21562 is offline Find More Posts by dpw21562