HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:25 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Tom, thank you for reviewing the MasterCP, got it last week and am blown away by its friendly personality. I know nothing about flying single rotor helis and have surprisingly not managed to destroy the MasterCP yet. it is far more beginner friendly than it get credit for.

Naturally I promptly had to try attaching a camera to the thing, and stuck a ReplayXD under the CG. beautiful out of the box.
https://vimeo.com/52702195

Somebody mentioned how strong this thing is, it lifted the 85g replay like it was not even there. so I stuck a bigger battery under the skids as weight (no cam) the MasterCP picks up 250g without blinking. THAT did not apply to 500g - it picked it up and made it to about 6 inches, i put it down right away.. but the thing is much stronger than I would have guessed.

BTW.. looking to get to know some heli pilots in LA.

Happy Flying.

Bo

Your welcome Bo.
I like the camera on your heli and the video is very clear!
I am know thinking to try a camera on mine also.

Thanks for posting your pictures and video.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Hi tom..im a beginner here withaster cp in my hand..i want to ask how to remoce or changing the main gear of master cp because i kinda loose it when it crashed..the screw of m aster cp is very tight and im scared to break it.does it come with some glue in the screw?or just i havent put my power to open it?thankss
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi valestrife,

To replace the main gear all you need to do is remove the screw and pull it off.
The screw is tight but will it come out. Just make sure you have a good allen key and it fits tight in the screw head.
I don't think it has thread lock on the screw. It looks like it has a nylon locking nut.

Tom
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Hi Tom and experienced flyers.

Great thread.....I am fairly new to this and have been flying the Double Horse 9116 for a while and really enjoying it.

I am looking at moving up to a 6 ch and thinking about the Master CP with DEVO 10. Is this a good stepping stone into 6 channel?

The cost of this heli is affordable and it seems to be a tough little thing that is easy to repair. I have read the thread about servos and replacing them and reversing them and programming them ect...which completely confuses me as I am a newbie.

But I am happy to just buy the stock servos when they break for now and simply swap over, unless there is a better direct swap replacement.

I will also invest in a SIM.

Is this a nice stepping stone?

Thanks
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Last edited by jonnewbie; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi jonnewbie,

That is a big step going from your Double Horse 9116 to the Master CP.
I would recommend the Walkera Mini CP or Blade mCPX depending which you like better to
start with next. Either one is stable and can handle a crash pretty well if you fly over grass and hit throttle hold before you crash.

If you do go to the Master CP you might want to get training gear to help you get use to it plus the training gear will help stop it from tipping over.
It is ultra stable so that will help you with learning on it.
I wouldn't fly the Master CP in the house either. You don't want to get hit by the blades.

Tom
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
im really having trouble for opening the screw for main gear..the head of the screw is starting to loose..kinda sad...oh by the way tom which one do you recommend from all these micro heli (mini cp, genius CP, v120d02s,m120d01,)? i had master CP and genius CP,want to add one more heli but im waiting for all online shop puts sale on christmas day so i can spare some money to afford it..and im seeing some references also..thanks tom
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
If you can't get the screw for main gear out or it strips you can take off the rotor head and pull the main gear/shaft out of the heli.
Then you would have to get a new main gear, main shaft, and screw set.

The Mini CP or V120D02S V2 are two good choices to add one more heli.

Tom
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
awww so sad that i had to lose the main shaft screw set..but i have already prepared those things..what if i bought v129d02s, and compare it with m120d01 how bout it tom?kinda confuse to compare those two things!the look similiar and they had the same habits!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
The M120D01 is a nice looking heli. From what I heard it can't do 3D or it can only do very limited mild 3D.
This is why I didn't get one.
Also it won't be as stable as the V120 either as the V120 has a 6 axis gyro and the M120 has a 3 axis gyro.
The V120D02S V2 was 3D test flow by Manny and it did well.

Here is a thread on the M120D01.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=m120d01

Here is Manny flying the V120D02S.

V120D02S 3d flight (2 min 41 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
Zambia, Lusaka
Joined Aug 2012
46 Posts
Servo's

Strip my Aileron and Pitch servo while carrying my bird . Replaced all three with the following Esky 000155 Digital Servo 7.5g (EK2-0508) ESKY-000155 @ $10.21 each. Had to a narrow the tabs a little but otherwise they have worked perfectly so far.
Zamjustice is online now Find More Posts by Zamjustice
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:45 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
im really having trouble for opening the screw for main gear..the head of the screw is starting to loose..kinda sad...oh by the way tom which one do you recommend from all these micro heli (mini cp, genius CP, v120d02s,m120d01,)? i had master CP and genius CP,want to add one more heli but im waiting for all online shop puts sale on christmas day so i can spare some money to afford it..and im seeing some references also..thanks tom
Many would consider the V120D02S the best Walkera heli ever. The Mini CP flies great but is highly susceptible to receiver damage. I would leave the M120D01 well alone. It looks great but some people like me just got an endless list of problems with it. I gave up after just having had 6 normal flights.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Many would consider the V120D02S the best Walkera heli ever. The Mini CP flies great but is highly susceptible to receiver damage. I would leave the M120D01 well alone. It looks great but some people like me just got an endless list of problems with it. I gave up after just having had 6 normal flights.
most people with the M120 had VERY good performace if they upgraded to the 915/215 motor and the v120d02s rcvr.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Thanks all for the advice..going to consider within v120 and second hand of blade mcpx v2 or 130x..by the way what is the common behaviour to notice that your master cp servos are stripped??is it shaking when u bind it?mine did that..its shaking very fast and i have to put some throttle to remove the shaking..what is the best replacemenr servos that fits and dont need to mods anything?is walkera servo sparepart good enough should i buy another brand?thanksss
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:43 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
most people with the M120 had VERY good performace if they upgraded to the 915/215 motor and the v120d02s rcvr.
Even If that is so, I still do not like the frame. Repairs were even more complicated than a 250 or 450.
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
Thanks all for the advice..going to consider within v120 and second hand of blade mcpx v2 or 130x..by the way what is the common behaviour to notice that your master cp servos are stripped??is it shaking when u bind it?mine did that..its shaking very fast and i have to put some throttle to remove the shaking..what is the best replacemenr servos that fits and dont need to mods anything?is walkera servo sparepart good enough should i buy another brand?thanksss
You will hear an odd noise and the servo will not move properly. You should always check for this after a crash. The shaking could be due to many other reasons such as blades out of track, a bent main shaft or feathering shaft.

The Futaba S3114 are direct drop-in replacements. However, it will also strip because it uses plastic gears. In fact, you can use replacement gears for the S3114 for the stock servos.

There are a number of metal geared servos available but I am not sure which ones work. The servo must move in the same direction as the stock servo. Here is a list of what may be compatible.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=11
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:11 AM.