SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
dear candy man...thank you so much for the answer...
I'm still fixing the help.....i hope to bring it out again sometime soon for another flight...
xiswell is offline Find More Posts by xiswell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:57 AM
Joined Nov 2009
57 Posts
Hi Tomz. Can you combine my post to your thread? i hope this usefull for new member..like me.
Thank you so much ^^
Hi my Family.
I got Master CP, but after the second fly, i got stripped servo. not good for me.
i searched, and decide buy a new servo with metal gear. it's on the way shipping.
And on this afternoon, i got free time and boring, because my hometown rain and rain all day. So, i can not go to fly my airplane, very disappointed, and i can not wait my new servo arrive, i did something now ^^ and after 3 hours, i can fly Master CP again. ok, let's go to modify ^^ :
- The first is tool, i use 3 tool, like this:
1/ Knife (i always use this tool for cut Foam plane ^^)

2/ The hard table (you can use any at your home ^^)

3/ Nail tool (if you have any tool same like this, use it for save time. If not, you use knife to cut plastic item on MC)

4/ Two servo Emax ES08A. (i know this servo not good as ES08MD, but at this time, i just wanna fly and fly, so i use servo for airplane ^^)
---------------------Ok, here we go-----------------------------
Step 1: You take off two stock servo, and place there. Then you take 2 servo ES08A, and cut out ONLY one tail, and one you cut a little, like my pictures.
---- Orginal Servo:

----- After ONE cut:

--------And second cut, we got this:

You must use stock servo to compare dimension of this tail. very easy ^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 2: Because the Emax servo longer, so we must cut out a little bit of "this" with two side (i do not know the name ^^)

- If you don't have Nail tool, you must use "hard table" to do this, at the begining, i cut plastic with my knife, and 20minutes next, my sister saw my work, and told me "you very stupid guy ^^, i have something for you". and then, i use nail tool. oh my god, it did it very fast and nice ^^ - and you can do it perfect then me ^^

- We must cut this a little bit because we always want every modifying still look like Original Parts ^^. when you cutting, sometime you must put it to the Helicopter for test the side, if you can see "the hold" like this:

you must stop cut plastic ^^
- And try to screw to it, like this:

Very nice. ^^ you see !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 3: You pull out the stock horn, and repairation to put it on the Emax Servo.

- Of course, the first you put stock horn to Emax, you must turn-on TX and setup some step for Emax servo turn to right position.
- My following was: (Devo 7E)
1> turn on TX and choose one MOD name selected. Then choose MODEL RESET. (we got empty setup of Master CP)
2> pull out the wire of main motor and tail motor. pull out three ball link too. Then connect battery. and stick throttle to 50%. We must be careful, the WHITE LINE on TX was wrong, we must...look at my picture. sorry about my ELish skill

- At here, you got right position of 3 servo. Then you pull battery of Heli out, And put the stock horn to Emax Servo.
3> when you stick throttle to 50%, make sure 3 servo horn will 90 degree. My Emax can not stay at 90 degree, so i turn out about 3 circle of ball link ^^.
4> You must check the bottom of swashplate, make sure it horizon and then you put the ball link to swashplate. See my picture:

- i do not have Pitch Gauge, so i just guess the blades degree by my eyes ^^. and i checked parallel of swashplate by use the ruler to check dimension of both ball link connect with blades ^^ . it's very funny but i did that ^^
- And this is result we got:

- And this is first Video after i moded my bird:
first fly after modify (1 min 12 sec)

i am not a good pilot ^^
Did you see the crash at the end of clip ^^, and here is my "chickend dance" ^^

- You know, when you have broken this frame, the Gyro will become crazy, and make your rudder always spin - right status - spin - right status - ....... (always do it until you stop the Heli). So i got a little experience: the Gyro must be stay on the nose, with tie.
- After 30 minutes with Hot Glue Gun: i got:

- Both of Emax still very very and very good ^^. But Elevator was broken next. You can hear that:
strip servo of master cp (1 min 43 sec)

- Finally, in one day, i got 2 strip servo of Walkera ^^
- And with re-setup throttle-pitch-gyro, i can fly very very comfortable ^^ , here:
after fixed (1 min 42 sec)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, the front-servo of Elevator was stripped. After 2 days i got him - Master....^^
So, i mod this servo right now, you just do some easy things. Let's modify:
**** FIRST: Look my pic, and you can see the dimension from Servo Holder to frame base is exactly 22mm ("A" line) . But the Emax Servo got 23.5mm. So, you must cut out exactly 1mm on Servo Holder.

- BE CAREFUL!!! You must use tape to cover main shaft, swashplate, main motor BEFORE you cut plastic. because dust plastic will going there, and make your Heli can not good. like this:

And you must cut this side too. i marked by (X)

- REMEMBER: you just cut 1mm of Servo Holder, and then you grinding a little bit on your Emax Servo. about 0.5mm. it's very very simple. And now, you put Emax to Helicopter, like this:

Do you see the hole on Emax's tail? because two hole on tail of Emax too higher than the hole-screw on Servo-Holder and Frame-Base, so we make the hole on tail of Emax wider. like this:

- And then, put it to your Master CP again, we got it:

- Then you turn on Tx, make servo go to right position, then you pull out battery and servo too, put horn stock to Emax. And put it to your heli last time.
- With this Mod, you needn't use tie, or Epoxy glue, or anything to hold Elevator servo. And look him likely original servo ^^. Result (after 20 minutes)

Very nice.
Have a good fly .... again ^^
Love you all.
Regard!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- This is my setup: (Normal Fly)
**** First: Ball link of Flybarless i turn out to 15mm of both side, edge of plastic to edge plastic, not circle ball
**** Tx: Travel Adjust: Elevator: 80 - 80
Aileron: 75 - 75
Throttle 100 - 100
Rudder 80 - 80
Gear 100 -100
Pitch 90 - 90
Gyro +100 (-)100
D/R & Expo: Elevator: 70 - 65
Aileron: 70 - 65
Rudder: 70 - 65
Throttle Hold: 0% ( maybe ^^)
**** Throotle and Pitch Curve: i used 7 point ^^, not use manual)
Throttle Curve: 30% 35% 50% 60% 70% 80% 80%
Pitch Curve : +30 +35 +40 + 60 +65 +70 +75
**** Gyro Sensor: Manual, Aux2, Hold SW, Pos 0 = 90%, Pos 1 = 80%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This setup made my Master very very stable than some video you watched on top, because my Camera was empty battery, tomorrow i will upload for you.
New member please try to setup the Tx like me ^^.
But i don't want Negative Degree when i stick Throttle to zero position. i have not try. tomorrow i will do it. ^^
Happy New Year and Good luck to all. ^^
I love my family - RcGroups ^^
Thanks for watching. Regard!
kid_boy is offline Find More Posts by kid_boy
Last edited by kid_boy; Jan 02, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:54 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi kid_boy,
Great job on your post!
I added a link in my review to your post here. It is in the "Servos Section".
I can't combine your post to mine or I would.

Thanks.
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:20 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Jan 2013
103 Posts
Servo

It may be common knowledge at this point in time but the Walkera metal geared servo’s are pretty readily available; WK-7.6-9 (HM-Master CP-Z-28).
ticojon is offline Find More Posts by ticojon
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticojon View Post
It may be common knowledge at this point in time but the Walkera metal geared servo’s are pretty readily available; WK-7.6-9 (HM-Master CP-Z-28).
But are they reliable? The ES08MG are prooven as nearly indestroyable
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:33 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Hiya

I have the Mini CP and a Devo 6s.

I am looking at getting the Master CP. Can I just buy the bind and fly one and bind it to my Devo 6s?

If so hope it is easy as I am a newby and never binded a new heli to a TX.

Many thanks.
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:35 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Hiya

I have the Mini CP and a Devo 6s.

I am looking at getting the Master CP. Can I just buy the bind and fly one and bind it to my Devo 6s?

If so hope it is easy as I am a newby and never binded a new heli to a TX.

Many thanks.
Yes you can. You can even use your existing settings for your Mini CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Yes you can. You can even use your existing settings for your Mini CP.
Brilliant thanks !!!!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Servo

Hi

I been reading alot about the standard servos on the Master CP and how they strip easily.

As I am looking at getting one after my Mini CP I have seen that on Banggood.com they sell both the standard servo and a new metal after market servo...

Standard one
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...5-p-51181.html

Aftermarket one
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...8-p-57272.html

Has anyone tried this servo and does it look ok?

Cheers
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:13 AM
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Hi everyone !
I'm italian and i want to buy this heli.
I discovered this useful thread and now i'm not sure if i still want to buy it or not.
The issue of throttle hold and motor still running for 2 seconds will be patched with the installation of the turnigy and hobbywing brushless kit ?
If i buy the walkera metal gear i will not have the servos stripped in a mild crash or just using it normally ?
What's the issue with binding ? If i turn off the tx, the next time i turn it on, the heli will not bind ?
Thanks in advance for the answers !
system450 is offline Find More Posts by system450
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by system450 View Post
Hi everyone !
I'm italian and i want to buy this heli.
I discovered this useful thread and now i'm not sure if i still want to buy it or not.
The issue of throttle hold and motor still running for 2 seconds will be patched with the installation of the turnigy and hobbywing brushless kit ?
If i buy the walkera metal gear i will not have the servos stripped in a mild crash or just using it normally ?
What's the issue with binding ? If i turn off the tx, the next time i turn it on, the heli will not bind ?
Thanks in advance for the answers !
Hi from Germany,
also with a brushless kit the motor keeps spinning for 1-2 seconds after throttle-hold was switched.
The binding issue affects only when you use a fixes id, normaly you switch on the tx and after that the Master. The tx will generate a random ID and the Master will bind without problems.
To the Walkera metal gear servos I cannot tell you anything.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Hi from Germany,
also with a brushless kit the motor keeps spinning for 1-2 seconds after throttle-hold was switched.
Thanks for the answer.
It seems we need a firmware upgrade to get rid of this annoying bug... for me it's a bug !
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the answer.
It seems we need a firmware upgrade to get rid of this annoying bug... for me it's a bug !
Yes, we all hope that walkera will fix this
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
I found in another forum that setting the hold switch at -10% will stop immediatly the motor.
I can't try because i don't have the heli, but who have it can try this and tell if it works.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,210 Posts
Quote:
I found in another forum that setting the hold switch at -10% will stop immediatly the motor.
I can't try because i don't have the heli, but who have it can try this and tell if it works.
This seems to be incorrect unless walkera has stealth released a new firmware.
Where did you read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
I just tried it at -10% and also -20%. It didn't make any difference. The delay is still there.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk