Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
i wish i could fly my mastercp....too friggin cold out for flying anymore. Just gonna tinker and sim for now. Sim is so boring these days but i'm still working on inverted circuits....my brain doesn't want to grasp it for some reason.
I used the SIM to learn inverted hovering but never used it to learn inverted circuits. However, it was just like learning inverted hovering. Everything suddenly clicks and fall into place. I have been using the V120D02S to lean inverted circuits but was having a financial bloodbath because of it. I was spending up to $50 to $100 per week in parts. I was forced to go back to the mCPX but the cost was not that much lower. This was probably because mCPX parts were much more expensive. Still I appreciate the fact that repairs could be easily carried out at the flying field. Eventually I closed the deal with the Mini CP which I think is one of the greatest inverted flight trainer around.

The process of learning inverted flight was so difficult that I am very hesitant on learning reverse flight. The big problem I encountered with learning inverted flight was that I had many crashes with upright flight because of confusion. There was a horrible patch when I had to use the SIM to learn how to fly upright again. I was so frustrated that I wanted to scream. It was as if nearly 20 years of flight experience had been lost.

The Master CP just sort of grows on you. Now after 120 flights and many crashes. I found that the repair costs are probably lower than that of the V120D02S. That is as long as the problem with the servos are sorted out.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:26 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
183 Posts
Master CP-Servos (WK-7.6-6)

My 3 original servos (wk-7.6-6) has Stripped and i ordered new to replace it to my CP, but i forgot to mark which servos should connect to the receiver position!

Need someone expert to correction my replaced servos for PIT/AILE/ELEV for it.

Below is the picture....

Name: Master CP_Servos Install.jpg
Views: 199
Size: 75.6 KB
Description:
nelsonlee is offline Find More Posts by nelsonlee
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

The process of learning inverted flight was so difficult that I am very hesitant on learning reverse flight. The big problem I encountered with learning inverted flight was that I had many crashes with upright flight because of confusion. There was a horrible patch when I had to use the SIM to learn how to fly upright again. I was so frustrated that I wanted to scream. It was as if nearly 20 years of flight experience had been lost.

The Master CP just sort of grows on you. Now after 120 flights and many crashes. I found that the repair costs are probably lower than that of the V120D02S. That is as long as the problem with the servos are sorted out.
While I'm not truly proficient at reverse flight yet, I do find it much, much easier than inverted so far. What I can't imagine is inverted reverse flight.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,540 Posts
Quote:
i wish i could fly my mastercp....too friggin cold out for flying anymore. Just gonna tinker and sim for now. Sim is so boring these days but i'm still working on inverted circuits....my brain doesn't want to grasp it for some reason.
Get the hobbyking transmitter underwear, its been tested and holds your hands warm even at -20. Do make sure to store your batteris somewhere warm like a inner pocket or a shielded box.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uff_Black.html

HobbyKing Daily - Turnigy Transmitter Glove (1 min 44 sec)

Though, i expect the durability of the master cp is much lower in the cold, as the plastic stiffens up more.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I used the SIM to learn inverted hovering but never used it to learn inverted circuits. However, it was just like learning inverted hovering. Everything suddenly clicks and fall into place. I have been using the V120D02S to lean inverted circuits but was having a financial bloodbath because of it. I was spending up to $50 to $100 per week in parts. I was forced to go back to the mCPX but the cost was not that much lower. This was probably because mCPX parts were much more expensive. Still I appreciate the fact that repairs could be easily carried out at the flying field. Eventually I closed the deal with the Mini CP which I think is one of the greatest inverted flight trainer around.

Zadaw, I'm right behind you. I can hover inverted on the sim, but it's still a chore to even keep the heli in a small area. I'm thinking about it too much. I've been attempting inverted with my Genius in order to hold down crash costs, but even there the replacement parts (especially servos without replacement gear availability) add up. (When a cheaper, Deviation-compatible micro comes out I'm there!)

I won't even attempt inverted with V120 yet. That's where I hope the Master CP comes in. I'm still waiting for it in the mail, but have been following threads about the servo options.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
183 Posts
BangGood selling Walkera Master CP RC Helicopter Spare Parts Metal Servo WK-7.6-9 HM-Master CP-Z-28 only US$ 10.37 with free shipping!

Name: 2012120608485028-57272-0.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 183.3 KB
Description:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...080763201209MY
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:45 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonlee View Post
BangGood selling Walkera Master CP RC Helicopter Spare Parts Metal Servo WK-7.6-9 HM-Master CP-Z-28 only US$ 10.37 with free shipping!

Attachment 5356096

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...080763201209MY
Too late -out of stock!
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
Too late -out of stock!
Just keep looking....it will available anytimes!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Slow the sim time speed to about 70%. I did that and in several days, I was back to 100% and able to keep in the air for ten minutes at a time instead of 10 seconds.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just a heads-up; I'm selling my whole set-up here: (All NIB)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23484857

1x Master CP Heli

6x Servos

6x Zippy Compact Batts 1,000mah/3S/35C

3x Main Gear

all $180 + shipping (I'm in the U.S.)

Pretty much all you need to get started - the Tx

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
hello

hello guys.. i recently had a nasty crash..and things just went exploded to bits..
now after ordering my new parts..
can someone tell me...wats the length of the ball links that connects to the swashplate and blade holders..coz i lost all the original ball links...

is the links screwed all the way down till we can't see anymore threads on the rod?
need help..
im a newbie in this..
xiswell is offline Find More Posts by xiswell
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:30 AM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiswell View Post
hello guys.. i recently had a nasty crash..and things just went exploded to bits..
now after ordering my new parts..
can someone tell me...wats the length of the ball links that connects to the swashplate and blade holders..coz i lost all the original ball links...

is the links screwed all the way down till we can't see anymore threads on the rod?
need help..
im a newbie in this..
You may have already got your answer but on my mastercp the swash to grip length is 31mm and the servo to swash length is 27mm. These measurements are both from the center of the ball to center of ball, not overall tie rod length. A little bit of thread is still visible on all links.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
303 Posts
Setup for the Devo 10

I used the set up sheet that came with the master cp. When I tried to fly it it was like trying to fly an old Honey Bee. The set up sheet said to have the Gyro Sensor in manual, Mix switch and at 75 %. Sevral folks have psoted about using the Mini Cp set up.. Whats the best choice? With the set up sheet it seems that there is no gyro at all. Does anyone have the Master set up for the Devo 10?
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,379 Posts
MCP Maiden brief flight....> its alive !!

Mine came with no battery but have some similar size and riged it for a short hop. Up she went and seems to handle pretty sweet. Flew it in bedroon so took it real easy. Sure handles alot better than 100 size FBL helis/ Even Genius handles better than Super F/P/ V100D01. I sure need more flight time but it is very much going to happen !!. Nice and easy does it...> Yeahhhh!!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedan View Post
I used the set up sheet that came with the master cp. When I tried to fly it it was like trying to fly an old Honey Bee. The set up sheet said to have the Gyro Sensor in manual, Mix switch and at 75 %. Sevral folks have psoted about using the Mini Cp set up.. Whats the best choice? With the set up sheet it seems that there is no gyro at all. Does anyone have the Master set up for the Devo 10?

I have the Master CP setup guides in my sticky and have the Devo 10.
The Master CP 3D setup is fine tuned for no bogging of the motor.
You can aslo use the Mini CP settings which work well also. I have Beginner Settings, Intermediate to Advanced Settings, and 3D Settings.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z