HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,546 Posts
Might have to come over for this, keep an eye on weather since I could travel Saturday and play one more time.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:18 PM
pa
Joined Nov 2009
8 Posts
i will be there to lunch sounds great
slow freddy is offline Find More Posts by slow freddy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:19 PM
pa
Joined Nov 2009
8 Posts
Iwill be there to. lunch sounds great
slow freddy is offline Find More Posts by slow freddy
Last edited by slow freddy; Oct 08, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:22 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,333 Posts
Alrighty then boys and girls

Things are set for Sundays contest. Grill is ready, landing tapes in place, even had time to produce a set of trophy mugs for the big event.

This will be Randy's last chance to gather up some hardware before the old Okie comes back on the contest trail:-)))

We have a new method this year of checking if it is clear enough to fly. We will stand Randy's plane up on one wing tip and if we can still see the other one, we have altitude!

Even put in my request for sunny weather and decent temps.

Rumor has it that some of the locals have been practicing so bring your game face!! Personally I plan on excelling at lunch.
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
Thermal Hunter
United States, PA, Phoenixville
Joined Jan 2005
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymaize View Post
Alrighty then boys and girls

Rumor has it that some of the locals have been practicing so bring your game face!! Personally I plan on excelling at lunch.

So there is a Trophy Mug for eating..... I thought so
jnoel is offline Find More Posts by jnoel
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:30 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,333 Posts
HEY! I resemble that remark!!!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymaize View Post
We have a new method this year of checking if it is clear enough to fly. We will stand Randy's plane up on one wing tip and if we can still see the other one, we have altitude!
Hey, I'm praying for a low ceiling. I've flown so many contests this year where I couldn't see my ship that I'm getting good at it. It'll give me an advantage!

For those who may be thinking of giving ALES a try, we'll have loaner CAMs available if you need one. This will be a good contest to get your feet wet.

Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:55 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,333 Posts
Hey, I can explain that couldn't see my plane thing. You were probably looking UP!!!!!!

Guys, with lunch and such there still won't be an official "fee" for flying this one. Will just put out a donation jar to cover the lunch stuff and mugs. Knowing Jim I figure that will net at least 50 cents or so:-))
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mexico
Joined May 2004
225 Posts
Gentlemen, this may present an opportunity to give some thought for a tentative date of the "International CAMS-Polecat-Soaring Circuits 2K13 ALES Open Soar" event.

Angelica and I are making our plans and air fares are cheaper the earlier we book it.

All the best,

Luis
Luis Moya is offline Find More Posts by Luis Moya
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,546 Posts
+1 Luis, the sooner the better.

You boys have fun, other things have come up and will not be coming over. Look forward to the 2013 version!

Marc
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:32 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,333 Posts
Alrighty then girls

First off Sunday morning pilots meeting will be at 9:00 AM sharp. Flying imidiatly after.

Polecat 2013 dates, eh. Well at the risk of having a few folks mad at me 2013 Polecat is most likely going to be, June14, 15 and 16, 2013. This is Fathersday weekend but, there are car show events the week before and the week after. On car show weekends, motels double, traffic is incredible and other problems are encountered. This years event will be limited to the first 60 pilots who enter so pay attention for the announcement. Sorry if this weekend doesn't work for a few but car show weeks just create to much expense and to many problems for you guys.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,546 Posts
Works for me Denny, thank you!

Marc
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tailspin
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
436 Posts
Save me a spot, great choice of weekend the week before is our 50th and I can not afford a divorce.

Jack
jiafret is offline Find More Posts by jiafret
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,333 Posts
Phewww, Jack

I agree, who would dress you:-)
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, PA, Perry
Joined Apr 2002
491 Posts
Father's Day weekend doesn't work for me as my friend & neighbor Denny knows. For the last 7 years, I help run a traditional archery shoot (my other passion) that weekend, benifiting Children's Miracle Network, and I can't let them down. Last year Denny moved the ALES off the Fathers Day weekend and I came in 6th out of 54. I may show up late on Sunday to help time/watch. Bill Grenoble
Hawksnest is offline Find More Posts by Hawksnest