HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, West Mids
Joined Oct 2010
13 Posts
Discussion
Shop4Glue - problems :-(

Does anyone know if UK glue manufacturer Shop4Glue is still in business???

I placed an order on 17th Sept, they took payment but no goods delivered.

My main concern is that emails go un-answered and the phone number is permanently not-available like its been disconnected or something.

It seems like they have disappeared (with my money)

Can anyone shed light on this? They are based in Runcorn which is to far for me to drive over a 40 quid transaction.

Sorry I know this is a bit off topic, but there isnt a "buliding materials" thread.

Cheers,
Laurence.
Ochiburi is offline Find More Posts by Ochiburi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:18 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,578 Posts
That's yet another incarnation of the FiveStar lot isn't it ? Not my favourite supplier but to be fair their website does say they were closed for holidays for 3 weeks from Sept 3rd until this Monday 24th so it's probably taking a few days for them to catch up.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:56 AM
Joined Oct 2010
13 Posts
FiveStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
That's yet another incarnation of the FiveStar lot isn't it ? Not my favourite supplier but to be fair their website does say they were closed for holidays for 3 weeks from Sept 3rd until this Monday 24th so it's probably taking a few days for them to catch up.

Steve
Yup, that's them. Yes, I saw that notice, and when I tried to call on Monday the phone just rang and rang and I got no answer. Since then the phone doesnt even ring - its just unavailable. Ah well, have to wait and see...

Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
Holiday from Sept 3 through 24? British New Year?
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,441 Posts
Perhaps a new brew of glue take a while to 'cook'.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting.....
and all that.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Oct 2010
13 Posts
Hope so

Still no answers to emails and still no ringing tone on their phone, its not looking good so far.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Not sure if I'm replying in the right place here but here goes. My father placed an order with them on 10th Sept. Had an email back about hols. Expected to receive it this week but nope. Telephone number out of order. Fortunately, he chose to pay upon delivery, so no money has changed hands. Regarding your 40, did you pay by credit card? If so, there is such a thing as "chargeback" whereby they (the credit card company) credits the amount back to your card, but I think you may have to wait about 30 days. Hope this helps. It has worked for me in the past.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochiburi View Post
Does anyone know if UK glue manufacturer Shop4Glue is still in business???

I placed an order on 17th Sept, they took payment but no goods delivered.

My main concern is that emails go un-answered and the phone number is permanently not-available like its been disconnected or something.

It seems like they have disappeared (with my money)

Can anyone shed light on this? They are based in Runcorn which is to far for me to drive over a 40 quid transaction.

Sorry I know this is a bit off topic, but there isnt a "buliding materials" thread.

Cheers,
Laurence.
sheilamac is offline Find More Posts by sheilamac
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Update

My father has had an email from shop4glue, saying that they were delayed coming back from their holiday in Bulgaria, and also confirms that there has been a problem with their 'phone line. I've just tried it, it's "still out of order". It's just a waiting game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilamac View Post
Not sure if I'm replying in the right place here but here goes. My father placed an order with them on 10th Sept. Had an email back about hols. Expected to receive it this week but nope. Telephone number out of order. Fortunately, he chose to pay upon delivery, so no money has changed hands. Regarding your 40, did you pay by credit card? If so, there is such a thing as "chargeback" whereby they (the credit card company) credits the amount back to your card, but I think you may have to wait about 30 days. Hope this helps. It has worked for me in the past.

Regards
sheilamac is offline Find More Posts by sheilamac
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Sorry about the problems but we did have a message at the top of every page of the site about being closed from early September until the 24th , as well as this we put it in emails from the shop so if an order was placed it was in the email.

There were additional delays in Bulgaria waiting for the mayor to get papers to us ( happens every time in Bulgaria paperwork causes delays!) so we got back on the 28th ( after a few delays driving back due to wild fires ), and started answering emails and sending orders out.

We didnt expect so many orders with being closed, so it took a bit longer to make extra stock, all orders are now dispatched , theres about 2 days delay at present on some items that will be sorted by Monday as we are working all weekend on manufacturing batches of some items we are running low on.

We were not actually closed for a holiday, we were finishing the final bits of the new Starloc / FiveStar adhesives factory in Bulgaria , Now operating full time and should start supplying StarLoc`s bulk trade orders from late this month and remove permanantly some of the delays to orders that have happened at busy times in the past, we had to do this in June and September as the paperwork was ready then ( and probably need to close again around 10th December till 8th January to take a couple more filling machines over from the UK to StaraZagora but im not sure on the dates yet)

All the retail sale glues are still manufactured in and posted from the UK ( for those who dont want Bulgarian glue!) .

When i knew I would be delayed we tried to divert the phone from Bulgaria to the UK mobile in Bulgaria.....after eventualy managing to log on the the system , it all went wrong when it picked up a Bulgarian IP address and they locked it as they thought being English I was a Bulgarian hacking the phone line , it needed a passport copy sending off to turn it back on, something i couldnt do till back in the UK.

Sorry again about delays but it was advertised on every page of the site, and in the order confirmation email.
Shop4glue is offline Find More Posts by Shop4glue
Last edited by Shop4glue; Oct 06, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 04:04 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Shop4glue

Hi Lawrence,

I was suckered into placing an on line order recently, and foolishly sent payment by B.A.C.S. To date no order acknowledgement has been received despite sending unanswered emails.

My impression is that this may be a fraudulent operation. Upon checking with scam adviser.com, the web site is only given a 70% rating as being safe. Scamadviser.com also posted the following company info so I urge anyone who remains in limbo to endeavour to contact the owner direct. To date I have had no success.

Domain Age: 8 Years, 238 Days
Website Speed: Slow

Organisation: Five Star Products
Owner: Ann Hesketh
Owner Address: 51 Arundel Avenue
Owner City: Liverpool
Owner Postcode: L17 3BY
Phone Number: 441517337182
Phone Type: geographic :Liverpool BT
Email:

Owner Country : United Kingdom
Website Location : United Kingdom

Cheers,
Geoff.
skyhigh20w is offline Find More Posts by skyhigh20w
Old Oct 29, 2014, 09:03 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,578 Posts
"recently", "to date" - so how long have you actually been waiting ? And where in the world are you ?

5Star/Shop4Glue have been in business for years and while their customer service is sometimes a bit iffy I've seen no suggestion that they're in any way fraudulent. IIRC they were present at many of the shows this year as usual. How have you tried contacting them ?

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick