HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
No. Large gymnasium or outdoors with there is no wind.

RD
Hello Doug,

The Tiger Moth 75 actually handles surprisingly well in winds up to 3-5 mph and I've flown it in rooms as small as 12-feet by 12-feet with the battery in the 'rear' position (there are two positions the battery can be mounted in to adjust the CG...see pages 14 and 15 in the instruction manual for more info). In the manual we do recommend flying in rooms at least 15-feet by 15-feet with 8+ foot high ceilings, but of course it's the most fun to fly in larger indoor spaces and outdoors (even in light winds!).
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Nov 30, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Correction

Ignore my previous post. I was thinking about the UM Albatros, not the Nano Tiger Moth. I have yet to acquire the Nano-Micro Tiger Moth. Hope to soon. I would expect a small gynmasium would be sufficient space in which to fly the plane. I'll know for sure once I get a Nano. Sorry for any confusion...................

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:37 PM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
241 Posts
I just put the Tiger Moth on my Christmas list for the wife. I have the Trainer 100 already so I'll get the WOT model. Will report back on Dec 25th.
akozols is offline Find More Posts by akozols
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:30 AM
Noblesville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
253 Posts
Make sure you secure the transmitter inside the box or take it out altogether and secure the Moth. My transmitter did severe damage to my Moth bouncing around inside the box. The arrangement thay have will not secure either and it doesn't take much to do harm.
Steve Percifield is offline Find More Posts by Steve Percifield
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:11 AM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Percifield View Post
Make sure you secure the transmitter inside the box or take it out altogether and secure the Moth. My transmitter did severe damage to my Moth bouncing around inside the box. The arrangement thay have will not secure either and it doesn't take much to do harm.

I think I've damaged more planes in transport than I do flying. When I first bought all my planes, I threw out all the boxes,,,,,,,,stupid move. MIcros don't survive well bouncing aorund the back seat of a car. Sinced then I bought the original boxes for all my planes and transport them safely. I usually keep the transmitters out of the box since they do tend to bounce around.
akozols is offline Find More Posts by akozols
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:10 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
566 Posts
Recall??

In attempting to locate one of these, I spoke with the Va. Beach VA HobbyTown this morning. He told me the model is currently unavailable because of a recall for bad circuit boards. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks, John
jhark37 is online now Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:40 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,105 Posts
Local HobbyTown here also pulled them off the shelves , so maybe there is a problem , and thank goodness they are addressing it , instead of just selling them and wishing for the best .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
344 Posts
I got one of these but haven't had the chance to fly it. There's nothing on their website yet. May call HT tomorrow.
tenspeed is online now Find More Posts by tenspeed
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:56 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Local HobbyTown here also pulled them off the shelves , so maybe there is a problem , and thank goodness they are addressing it , instead of just selling them and wishing for the best .
Thanks to you and others for the head's up on this. Saves me a trip up to Charlotte. I'll wait a little bit more until the plane is available in more reliable form. Also, just took delivery on a Mini Vapor and a Micro Stryker 27, so I'll have my hands full for a while!

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:20 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
Hello everyone,

We've received a few reports of control units that may experience issues after some flying/crashes, and while most airplanes are not affected, HT decided to update the control units of inventory in stores now ASAP before Christmas. Updated inventory should hopefully be available in stores again and on their web site late next week, and for anyone with a Tiger Moth 75 now there is no need to stop flying your model if everything is working well.

Sorry for the delay but the TM75 will be available again in time and is still a great choice for any Christmas wish list
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,105 Posts
Thanks for being ProActive in quality control and supporting your products , and not just a "sell it only" company .
This speaks well for your companys mission .

wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Definitely a good way to go with customer relations and credibility of the product. I'll be looking to making a visit to a HT store in the Charlotte, NC area by months end.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2006
179 Posts
i have about 7 flights of about 4 to 6 minutes with no problems
it will loop out of level flight. Will fly in a quarter gym
this plane is a real winner
tom
chem teacher2 is offline Find More Posts by chem teacher2
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:04 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
566 Posts
In stock?

Any word on when these will be available again?

Thanks, John
jhark37 is online now Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Area tigermoth second run

I had purchased the little moth at the LHS day before Christmas. I have about eight flights on it. It flies well but be careful of a few items. First, there is actually left thrust instead I'd right thrust in the mounting of the motor. This is do to the firewall glued in place causing that angle. This causes the plane to roll hard left when power is applied and flying. I fly mine with full right rudder trim on the transmitter, and it flies straight that way. When power is reduced though, you will have to hold a little left stick for landing straight, or trim if you have time. The rudder does look somewhat closer to center on slow fly-, I think because the propwash over it. Secondly, it flies well even though it's all miss aligned. The inner cabane struts are not sunk into the fuselage evenly causing top wing to be a little off. The bottom wing is a little crooked also with its wood tab and magnet mounting. So the two wings are. It parallel to each other when viewed from the front or top, but still flies good. I wonder if the full scale would fly safely if it were that way? I'm having fun with mine and would recommend it, just watch out for that p-factor issue so you don't crash it on TO. Also a few clicks up trim for slow flight, (the supplied xmtr has 16 clicks trim, 8 either way of center), but be careful when applying power or it will pitch up. One more thing which doesn't seem to affect its flight?, when the stick is pulled back, (up elevator), the rudder moves to the right? I originally noticed that on my preflight, but doesn't seem to be a factor in flight too much.
John Koch is offline Find More Posts by John Koch