HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,399 Posts
Guess the entire world is wrong, and 'hates' Israel... (so many haters, so little time.. )

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/margin-u-n-...143918225.html
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
1. No. It is simply an explanation as to why Israel is a safer place for a Jew to live than in Europe.
So Palestinians should hand the land they live on over to Jews, because Israel is a safer place for Jews than Europe?

Quote:
2. I'm sorry if there's no logic in something I didn't say.
I described Israeli policy. Do you agree it's illogical?

Quote:
3. I'm happy you understand something even if you don't agree with it.

4. I didn't say I think that.
You certainly implied it, by talking about Jews who have never lived in Israel, ''going home.'' Do you agree that what you refer to as ''home,'' belongs to the people who live there, and not those who don't live there but still call it ''home''?

Quote:
5. From another perspective, I understand the charge of stealing, however, that is not my perspective.
That's what I said. You don't see it as stealing, because you believe the land belongs to Jews in the first place.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
1. It doesn't matter, the action they took was on Jews. It was Jews they expelled; not Israelis nor Zionists. Those Jews were no threat to those countries. It was antisemitism.
Yes it does matter.

Quote:
2. You can thank the Arab countries for that.
No, we can thank Israel for that.

Had it not been for Israel, none of the above would have happened.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:47 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Prior to about 3,500 years ago.
Link?

Quote:
I am affiliated with a modern-orthodox Jewish community.
Had I lived 1,000 years ago, I assume I would also have been associated with a modern-orthodox Jewish community. Modern is relative. Zionism is not.
Nevertheless, the problems began with the Zionist organisation I mentioned.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post

1. So Palestinians should hand the land they live on over to Jews, because Israel is a safer place for Jews than Europe?

2. I described Israeli policy. Do you agree it's illogical?

3. You certainly implied it, by talking about Jews who have never lived in Israel, ''going home.'' Do you agree that what you refer to as ''home,'' belongs to the people who live there, and not those who don't live there but still call it ''home''?

Dusty
1. It's not what I said.

2. Israel accurately describes Israeli policy.

3. I agree that Jews were fools to believe that Germany, Poland, Austria, Ukraine, Russia, France, Iraq, Syria, etc. were home.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Yes it does matter.

No, we can thank Israel for that.

Had it not been for Israel, none of the above would have happened.

Dusty
We disagree.

Why didn't Iran and Morocco expel Jews?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Link?

Nevertheless, the problems began with the Zionist organisation I mentioned.

Dusty

No link provided. Hebrews came after Canaanites and Jebusites.

I assure you, previous attempts at settling Hebrews or Jews in the far past, or even just resting there, have never been a picnic.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
You certainly implied it, by talking about Jews who have never lived in Israel, ''going home.'' Do you agree that what you refer to as ''home,'' belongs to the people who live there, and not those who don't live there but still call it ''home''?...
That logic would then apply to all the "Palestinians" who were NOT living in Israel in 1948. Those who were should have the right to return. Their progeny should petition Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, etc. for citizenship where THEY live today!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:11 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
That logic would then apply to all the "Palestinians" who were NOT living in Israel in 1948. Those who were should have the right to return. Their progeny should petition Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, etc. for citizenship where THEY live today!
My grandfather and father were refugees to Canada in the 1940's.

I wonder if Dusty would agree that I should go to Poland (I've never been there) and go reclaim my grandfather's house that was stolen from him.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
My grandfather and father were refugees to Canada in the 1940's.

I wonder if Dusty would agree that I should go to Poland (I've never been there) and go reclaim my grandfather's house that was stolen from him.
My late mother-in-law's family had a farm in what is now Slovakia. It was first confiscated by the Nazis, and then again by the Communists. If she were still alive, to whom would she apply to get it back?

The more I think about my proposal, the more I like it. Grant Palestineans who actually lived in pre-1948 Palestine the right to return. The rest are not Israel's problem; they are the problem of the countries they now reside in. So far, they've been put in concentrtion camps. Let those people go! (Grant them full citizenship in their actual current places of residence.)
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
My late mother-in-law's family had a farm in what is now Slovakia. It was first confiscated by the Nazis, and then again by the Communists. If she were still alive, to whom would she apply to get it back?

The more I think about my proposal, the more I like it. Grant Palestineans who actually lived in pre-1948 Palestine the right to return. The rest are not Israel's problem; they are the problem of the countries they now reside in. So far, they've been put in concentrtion camps. Let those people go! (Grant them full citizenship in their actual current places of residence.)
According to Dusty's logic, you should be able to go reclaim that farm.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
141 Posts
Quote:
Come on, what did you just highlight in my post?

And what have you provided. Netanyahu just saying he was going to. Did you even read the article, and notice the long list of construction projects that he was planning to continue?

If construction stopped for 10 months beginning at the end of 2009, then why, 4 months later, did the ''Quartet'' call for a settlement freeze?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8575723.stm

Like I said, freezing all construction at the settlements has been a long standing pre-condition of the Palestinians. The reason the so-called peace negotiations have not continued, is because Israel has not frozen settlement construction. Is that clear now?

Dusty
There was a freeze, as Nethanyahu described, the "Quartet", as always jumping to the Palestinian tune, requested more.
If Abbas would have really wanted to talk, he would have used this opportunity, but in reality he does not want to negotiate, because when you negotiate you also have to give, not only to take, and the extremist Islam won't allow him to.
The whole region, Jews, Muslims, Arabs, Israelis and all the rest, really need a ladder to climb down from the tree of rhetoric and start talking.
But the ladder is not the UN General Assembly, it is just pouring more oil in the fire.
We need a leader, like Sadate or Hussain, on the Arab side, and Begin or Rabin on the Israeli side, who are real leaders and not polls followers.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is online now Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
1. It's not what I said.
I didn't say it was.

Quote:
2. Israel accurately describes Israeli policy.
That doesn't answer the question.

Quote:
3. I agree that Jews were fools to believe that Germany, Poland, Austria, Ukraine, Russia, France, Iraq, Syria, etc. were home.
That's not what I asked.

But I understand you don't want to discuss this any further or your posts will end up having double standards.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
We disagree.

Why didn't Iran and Morocco expel Jews?
Israel didn't attack Iran or Morocco, nor are they Arab countries.

Dusty
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
No link provided. Hebrews came after Canaanites and Jebusites.

I assure you, previous attempts at settling Hebrews or Jews in the far past, or even just resting there, have never been a picnic.
Do you agree that Jews have continually resided in Palestine?